Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 12:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Very very poor upload rate, can anyone help?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 4:42 pm 

I'm new to the site and have downloaded a few files. The files download great but my uploading is next to nothing which means I've already received a warning from admin! I totally understand and agree with the ethos of sharing and I keep torrents open for seeding but it's not uploading. I've read previous posts on this topic and decided to try Deluge instead of utorrent hoping the uploads would improve but no luck. I suffer the same poor upload rates on both my pc and laptop and have suffered the problem on other such sites too which makes me look like someone who doesn't share. Is there anything I can do? I've tried disabling my firewall and made sure it has exceptions for the torrent client. I'm think it's my internet connection, poor upload speed from Sky Broadband in UK. Out of interest, how much will donations fix my ratio? It might be my only option:s

Eilir

Post subject: Re: Very very poor upload rate, can anyone help?
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:09 pm 

What sort of upload speeds are you getting? Speeds in the UK are very heavily in favour of downloading rather than uploading.

All I can suggest in the mean while is having a look at this post I made some time ago:

http://foru.mma-torrents.com/viewtopic. ... 3&start=0&

It has a few big packs on there that are freeleech, so you can grab them and seed as much as possible.

..::TUF 9 Finale competition Winner::..
..::UFN 19 competition Winner::..
..::UFC 103 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..

Looking for a top rate seedbox at discount prices? http://dentoo.info/shop

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this?" - Raphael to Casey Jones in TMNT, 1990.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:51 pm 
Special

I think you can find a lot of hints about upload problems here

I can imagine you like to start downloading when you see so many files but when you have a slower upload speed you must always puzzle your way to a better ratio and as painday already mentioned freeleech files are our way of letting people build up a ratio and of course donating gives a very good start.

Hope this helps you and good luck.

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:58 pm 

I'm getting at best around 30 KiB/s but generally nothing unless I'm downloading that particular file.

Done a speed test and my upload speed is 0.24mb/s compared to 2.75mb/s download when using a fone tether, whilst on Sky Broadband my upload speed is 1.12mb/s and download is 1.21 mb/s. . The client never seems to connect to many leechers for very long so my ratio is constantly getting tipped the wrong way due to decent download speed. Quite annoying!
I'll try some of the freeleech files, thank you very much for your help.

Eilir

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hey mate, sorry to hear about your problem. I also think its your ISP's crappy connection.
I would go back to utorrent though because Im using latest stable version and its working just fine.
I'll help you out. But first i would like to know a few details.

How are you connecting, via cable or wireless?
Do you have a router, if so is it old?
Is that the fastest internet connection your ISP offers you?

Regarding if you donate

You stats now look like this:

Uploaded: 361.05 MB
Downloaded: 6.19 GB
Ratio: 0.0570033900627

You need to get 0.4 to have your warning removed and should maintain a ratio around 1.0 or greater at all times.

So how would donating solve this problem you ask. Let me explain.

If you donate, say $ 10 you will recieve 25 GB free added to your uploaded amount. This means your ratio would be somewhere over 4.0. You would also recieve VIP for 2 months. This means that you have two month when you will not be autodisabled no matter your ratio, two months of building up a great ratio with an advantage of 25 GB's and a ratio of 4.0. Almost all our members are able to keep up a good ratio with such a great start.

Here is a link to the donation options you have:

http://mma-torrents.com/donate.php

Observe that the more you donate the amount of GB's you recieve per $ increases a lot.

If you answer my first questions up there i will do my best to help you with the slow speeds and see if there is a solution.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 7:36 pm 

Hi mate, thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a router Sky provides, it's a white Netgear DG834GT from what I can gather. It's about two years old. Maybe I should contact them to see if there's a better one available. I'd buy a faster one myself but Sky have their own firmware and I'm not too sure how to get around that with a third party router. I'm connecting via cable and the best connection I can get in my area is 1mb/s. I also have been using an usb tether from an android fone as a short-term quick download solution but this isn't something I'll be able to continue to do because Vodafone are going to start charging for going over 5gb/month soon. Oddly enough I still can't upload much even using the tether. Thanks for the information about the donations, I think that's my best bet in order to get a head start ratio-wise. Awesome site by the way, hopefully I'll be able to hang around for a while yet!

Eilir

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 8:04 pm 

Some of your problems may be down to traffic shaping. I know Sky do that, and would explain why you might have issues holding onto leechers.

..::TUF 9 Finale competition Winner::..
..::UFN 19 competition Winner::..
..::UFC 103 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

Looking for a top rate seedbox at discount prices? http://dentoo.info/shop

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this?" - Raphael to Casey Jones in TMNT, 1990.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:31 pm 
Site Admin

eilir100 wrote:
Hi mate, thanks for the quick reply. I'm using a router Sky provides, it's a white Netgear DG834GT from what I can gather. It's about two years old. Maybe I should contact them to see if there's a better one available. I'd buy a faster one myself but Sky have their own firmware and I'm not too sure how to get around that with a third party router. I'm connecting via cable and the best connection I can get in my area is 1mb/s. I also have been using an usb tether from an android fone as a short-term quick download solution but this isn't something I'll be able to continue to do because Vodafone are going to start charging for going over 5gb/month soon. Oddly enough I still can't upload much even using the tether. Thanks for the information about the donations, I think that's my best bet in order to get a head start ratio-wise. Awesome site by the way, hopefully I'll be able to hang around for a while yet!

Eilir

My best bet is to ask for a new router if possible (claim old doesnt work properly or smth) and if that doesnt help, complain until they upgrade and give you a faster line.

I know it sounds corny but if everybody would complain they would be forced to do something about it.

Great that you like it here, I really hope that you can get it sorted one way or the other. If you have some other way of contributing to the community we are always happy to help our active members out with the ratio, but donating is off course always an option.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]