Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 11:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Seeding Points
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:31 am 

I think it's time we implemented here at mma-torrents.com a seeding points system where you can exchange seeding points for a relative gb increase on your ratio. I think it is a fair process where people that seed long are rewarded and it will give everyone incentive to seed even more, creating more seeds and a better website overall. Something where for example every hour of seeding is a certain point amount and a certain point amount can be exchanged for a certain gb's towards your ratio. Just an idea, and it wouldn't hurt anyone, everyone stands to gain from this idea.

Any thoughts or feedback anyone?

Post subject: Re: Seeding Points
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:19 am 

Very good idea indeed...
probably the best idea ever to be posted on this site :D!

Seriously I think it is a great idea... I know many (including my self) would start taking seeding seriously... but remember to not make the reward points too low... 0.5 points/hour would be great... 1 is too much... 0.1 is too little... thats my scale.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:38 am 

very nice idea

..::UFC 285 - Jones vs. Gane Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 280 - Oliveira vs. Makhachev Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight Night 44: Swanson vs. Stephens Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 162 Silva vs Weidman Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 13 Competition Winner::..
..::Winner The Ultimate Fighter 10::..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:03 pm 

.5 points/hour sounds about right

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 pm 
Special

Seed bonus systems are always bad for a site's overall peer statistics. All such a system really accomplishes, is to encourage members to keep too many torrents active in their client, seeding at 1Kb/s just to cash in on the bonus. Anything else about the short and long term effects on systems like that really doesn't get any better, but it isn't for no reason that such systems are never found on healthy and well developed sites.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

On one big tracker where Im a member I have had 1 same file seeding from a seedbox for months, nobody ever gets it, but I have several thousands of points and my ratio is over the roof, and I really didnt do anything at all.

Thats isnt fair.

And that is whay a torrentsite cant use a seedbonus system in the long run. None of the really big, txxxxxleech, scenexxxxxs, scenexxxxxts, (I us xxx to protect the real sites names), whatever "pro" site you wanna mention, none use a seedbonus system, and its for a reason!

If you cant get your ratio up by taking freeleeches, leaving computer on seeding always and maybe donating, hey, why dont you get the PPV or go to the event instead ;)

Much easier, or?

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:51 am 
Special

TSD Trader uses (or rather used) this system. The good thing is that it encourages people to seed even if there are no peers. The torrent stays active for longer.

The bad thing is that, from seed points and 'bets', I never uploaded a damned thing, and still had a 2:1 ratio most of the time.

On a related note, I have about 20 torrents from this site seeding at the moment, and no one is downloading them. My ratio will therefore stay low. The seed points help correct that.

..::UFC 107 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:13 am 

no bonus for keeping a torrent alive/active. that's what happends with bonus for just seeding with no traffic.
freeleech is where you can boust your ratio up if needed.
but this is easy for me to say because i can get scenereleases (most of them) and seed them if already uploaded to tracker.
like said in earlier comment you keep good ratio (if bonus for only seedig applies) just by seeding so why bother to seed something else or even upload something.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:41 am 

As most wrote i am also against the seeding point system, it has only the effecdt that the poeple have it in share without seeding any byte only to get the points to change them. People have to learn to leave things in share without speedlimitations after downloading and help seed...This is the best way to increase the ratio and not get seeding points for doing nothing. My experience is to let things going on for weeks and you will see how the ratio will boost :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:06 pm 

I just think its hard to get ratio up with membership numbers so low, that's all, even with freeleech

Just have a look at the main page and see the seeds and leechs on each file, not many in most cases, its alot easier to get a ratio with hundreds of people downloading but when the majority of files have less than 10 people total (seeds and leeches) nothings getting done

I don't care anyways, it was just an idea, just thought I'd put it out there and get the pros and cons so... :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]