Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 1:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: UFC 101 SPOILERS - Seen the event? Give us your opinion!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

So what did you think?

What fight was best?

What was knockout and sub of the night?

Give us your thoughts on the fights!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: UFC 101 SPOILERS - Seen the event? Give us your opinion!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Stupid crowd fistfighting :(

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_lX2mxM_Lw][/youtube]

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:57 pm 
Special

The fight in the crowd was better than most of the fights on the show.

Of course, Anderson Silva reminded everyone that he is the best fighter on the planet.

And I'm glad Sotiropoulos is back. Always knew he was someone to watch out for. He is huge as a Lightweight, and will be a star in the division someday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:28 pm 

The fight with Silva seemed like BS to me!

How did he knock him out???

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:57 pm 
Special

Fuckin Silva killed Forrest lol, it showed how good his striking really is

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 am 
Special

The Silva vs Griffin fight went just how I expected it would. Griffin doesn't have the power to finish fights and Silva knows it. I knew he would destroy Griffin.

Blackspade: I believe he was already hurt from the 2 times he had been dropped prior, and its not like Griffin has an iron chin or anything. He will never be LHW champion again. He was just lucky that he faced a 1 dimensional champion when he did.

I was disappointed with the Sadollah fight which I think was stopped way to early. He slipped and most of the punches that were thrown when he was on the ground either missed or only grazed him. Feel bad for him after the injuries and time off to have that happen.

Geelong boy George put the stomp on Roop, which was good. Hope to see more of George soon.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:20 am 

No way brother, I watched the fight like 9 times now.

It really is impossible for me to believe he was knocked out. Mainly because it appears the "knockout punch" seems to have hit closer to the cheek and nose area, not the jawline at all.

Also perplexing was the fact that he did something no one would expect for him to do: He RAN OUT of the arena.

Why would he do that?

To me it just looked like Forrest threw the fight, and then out of shame ran out of the arena. That fight looked fixed to me. Forrest doesn't have a chin? Bro which Forrest have you been watching? He's been in major slugfests pretty much his whole career. And even if he didn't, it isn't like the Silva punch was hard enough to put someone away, in my opinion.

I also disagree with you about him getting "lucky" in previous fights. Joe Rogan once said
Quote:
"There is no such thing as a lucky punch. If a dude tries to throw a punch and it lands, it wasn't luck; he did what he was trying to do, and it worked. Luck had nothing to do with it".

And besides that, no one in the UFC works harder than Forrest Griffen. Have you ever watched his training regimen? The guy works out like 12 to 14 times per week, much more than anyone else. Randy Couture- an ironman and a triathlete- says Forrest Griffen works out more than he does!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:37 am 

Forrest had his jaw dislocated earlier in the fight thats why he was running out plus it's not like he would have been able to do a post fight interview

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:54 am 
Special

BlackSpade wrote:
It really is impossible for me to believe he was knocked out. Mainly because it appears the "knockout punch" seems to have hit closer to the cheek and nose area, not the jawline at all.

Also perplexing was the fact that he did something no one would expect for him to do: He RAN OUT of the arena.

Why would he do that?

To me it just looked like Forrest threw the fight, and then out of shame ran out of the arena. That fight looked fixed to me. Forrest doesn't have a chin? Bro which Forrest have you been watching? He's been in major slugfests pretty much his whole career. And even if he didn't, it isn't like the Silva punch was hard enough to put someone away, in my opinion.

You've been watching too much pro-wrestling lately. The third knockdown was the last straw with Griffin, as Anderson hurt him pretty good with the second knockdown, and rattled him with the first. It was the accumilation of blows, not to mention Silva's pinpoint accuracy in striking. To suggest a fight would need to be thrown for Anderson Silva to win is absolutely ridiculous.

Forrest has a chin, but he wasn't being hit by just anyone, and it is not the first time he's been knocked out.

Forrest ran immediately after the fight, because he was upset. Who the hell are you to judge? Fighters react differently to losses, and it is not like Forrest hasn't gotten emotional over a bad loss before. Go watch the loss against Jardine; he cries! Hell, even in the loss to Tito, he criticized his performance in the first round in the post-fight interview.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:31 am 
Special

Im thinking that Silva is #1 P4P after that, to go up in weight against a guy who beat Shogun & Rampage and totally destroy him is a feat in its own.

Also, George Sot looked fuckin sick, his BJJ was awesome his transitions were so fluent, cant wait to see him again

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next