Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Problem with ratio
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:05 am 

This topic relates to the site not the forum

we must remain above .6 but it seems there is not enough members to do that. I donated 10 bucks yesterday, dl two files:
UFC 97 and UFC 97 prelims but no one is downloading these files anymore therefore my ratio went down by 80%

We need many more members otherwise all the donators will see their ratio going down real fast and get the boot...
I can't afford to ship 10 bucks every month

You guys should open your borders until each uploads remains active for a week. I mean c'mon no one is dl'ing UFC97 and we are only Monday!!!

Post subject: Re: Problem with ratio
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

you should make sure you are the first to grab it so that others will leech from you

we are a private tracker with over 2000 members on the tracker after only 7 months uptime so in my eyes its just going really good

there will be more members dont you worry

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:30 pm 
Special

buffalofr wrote:
This topic relates to the site not the forum

we must remain above .6 but it seems there is not enough members to do that. I donated 10 bucks yesterday, dl two files:
UFC 97 and UFC 97 prelims but no one is downloading these files anymore therefore my ratio went down by 80%

We need many more members otherwise all the donators will see their ratio going down real fast and get the boot...
I can't afford to ship 10 bucks every month

You guys should open your borders until each uploads remains active for a week. I mean c'mon no one is dl'ing UFC97 and we are only Monday!!!

This place is one of the easiest places to keep a good ratio if you pay attention to what you do. If your ratio is on the low side then just start leeching a few of the freeleech torrents and seed away. It's important is too leech them while they are new. Freelech still counts to your upload. Even if you don't really want the stuff you download it will build your ratio so that you can later on leech the stuff you really want. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:01 am 
Site Admin

I used to live for years in Spain with a 1 mega connection. that means 1 down and 0.3 up.

Still so I never had ratio problems.... So I imagine if I can do it you can.

Do as Lyoto said, use the freeleeches to boost ratio, or donate if you can. After all the servers need to be payed or there will be no downloads at all, and the only income we have are donations.

If there are money missing I pay it out of my own pocket, so no need for wining about more or less users etc.

Just be a teamplayer

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:58 pm 

Yes freeleech is the secret to keeping a good ratio when you first start on a private tracker.

I disagree about opening the "border". This is a good way for bad people to get in, more leechers, who just download and never help seed a file, never contribute to the site.

The management here is doing a great job growing the site at a steady speed. It is up to US, the members to invite good quality people here.

Then it will grow with good quality members.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:08 pm 

I agree with BlackSpade. Exclusivity keeps out the hit n' runners.

Another tip to boost your ratio. Browse torrents, then sort them by leechers descending. Then look for the top 2 leeched torrents, :arrow: (freeleech ones), and download them and seed for as long as possible. It doesn't matter whether you want them or not, if you want to boost your ratio, this is one of the easiest ways.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:50 pm 
This UFC megapack-torrent is freeleech and there is almos always seeders.

http://mma-torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=2400

There is also lots of other freeleechstuff that can give you some upload.

Right now there is also a GSP career-pack with one seeder and 9 leechers.

http://mma-torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=4000

Just to give an example.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:53 pm 
Special

It might help to try and keep the same torrent from being posted multiple times. I can understand having separate torrents for normal and 720p resolutions, but just because someone else released it doesn't mean it's any different (the case about 99% of the time). Heck, I've seen multiple people post the exact same torrent.

This hurts ratios because the file you're seeding suddenly has a dramatic drop-off in new downloaders, never to recover.

I'm not really sure what to do about it other than writing a custom filter that checks for existing torrents by the same name. It's not like it happens every single event, but it does occur often enough to be annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

There is a custom filter that checks the exact hash value of the torrent and refuses to accept an equal torrent if you try to upload it.

Problem is that sometimes files are unpacked sometimes rared and then they get different hash values or there are for some reason some small file added or so, maybe a sample or a pic.

Sometimes I do decide to re-release a torrent but then we are talking about torrents that I have been seeding since november last year and I dont think its wrong having in mind that we have about 3000 new members since then and as always people grab whats comiong up on first page and some stuff is always interesting.

I was thinking about re-releasing some packs too. All you need to do is readd them in your torrent client and you will get a new fresh ratio and every mb uploaded will be a plus so its a win win situation. Actually win-win-win as the new users get interesting stuff.

So with other words, its not possible to upload same torrent twize to the tracker it wont workl unless the release is different.

Thx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:53 pm 

Banning multiple copies of the same EVENT is the wrong move in my opinion.

First of all, with regards to releases, there is a competition between groups. Thus, each group is always trying to get their release coded and uploaded before the others. This competition is the very reason a UFC is available within hours of the event; dudes are racing each other to get the release uploaded.

At the same time, multiple releases assures us of quality. Low quality encodes with low resolution and poor frame rates will become unpopular, and users will move on to the higher quality releases, spreading the word to others in the process. Thus when a user goes to the comments section, he can read about the release and even see a screen capture from time to time to help him decide if he wants to download it or not. The result of this is that we have encoders and uploaders who pay attention to speed AND quality. If you start banning multiple releases, you lose the choice, and the uploader has no incentive to use his valuable time to rip quality product.

In other words, it is you, the user, who benefits when things are left wide open for competition.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next