Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 11:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Mir gets motivated
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

had to make this awesome screenshot from UFC 82 Mir vs Lesnar

:)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Mir gets motivated
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:49 pm 
Special

wonder if he will take this same pic with him seem to do the trick last time.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 pm 

TomBlack wrote:
wonder if he will take this same pic with him seem to do the trick last time.. :lol:

Awe, that's just mean. If you have a 500 lb. gorilla named Lesnar sprawled on you like it was mating season, you'd probably lose like Mir. This was the best shape I've seen him in a long time. Usually Mir looks like he stopped off at MickeyD's on the way to the arena, his talent aside. I really wished he would have won. I'm not sure who else can shut down Mr. Coors himself, Lesnar. Fedor won't come to the UFC . . . so who knows.

Edit: Didn't realize that was from the first Mir v. Lesnar fight. Maw bad.

Last edited by poppyfire on Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:16 pm 
Special

poppyfire wrote:
TomBlack wrote:

Awe, that's just mean. If you have a 500 lb. gorilla named Lesnar sprawled on you like it was mating season, you'd probably lose like Mir./quote]

How is that mean ? The pic may of helped mir beat lesner the first time..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:10 am 
Site Admin

Let Bobby Lashley and Fedor fight in a new division called WWE Weighters and let the rest fight among themselves.

We dont need no more steroid freaks in UFC thats for sure, I dont care if he sells tickets or PPV, hes an idiot and should stay with the WWE.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:03 am 
Special

LOL if thats not motivation....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:31 am 

Dent wrote:
Let Bobby Lashley and Fedor fight in a new division called WWE Weighters and let the rest fight among themselves.

We dont need no more steroid freaks in UFC thats for sure, I dont care if he sells tickets or PPV, hes an idiot and should stay with the WWE.

I downloaded the Lesnar fight pack because I couldn't figure out why I don't like the guy (besides his crass attitude). I think I've found it.

Lesnar seems to have anger issues. He fights angry. People get hurt in the octogon when there are folks that don't have control over their emotions. He epitomizes a lack of control. One of the reasons I love MMA is the old Bruce Lee way of thinking: "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:57 am 
Special

If Lesnar appears to have "anger issues," it's because 2 of his 3 opponents in the UFC have completely disrespected him, and they deserved every single thing they got from Lesnar. You never heard Randy Couture disrespect Lesnar, and therefore, Lesnar never disrespected Couture. But, consistency among most MMA fans has rarely existed, so Lesnar will obviously take any heat, while his opponents will always receive a free pass.

It'll be awhile before Lesnar is "made a fool of again." Even if/when he is, people will pay to see it, and they'll certainly pay to see his next fight. In terms of attitude and promotion, he is this generation's version of Muhammad Ali and Mike Tyson, because you will pay to see him, whether you love or hate him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 pm 

First off, he actually DID disrespect Couture, he just didn't go all crazy with it. He said "I don't respect Randy"; it was in an interview. He softened that statement, though, by saying "I don't respect any of my opponents" right afterward.

As for no one respecting him when he first came to the UFC, it's not like he rated or merited to be respected. He had to earn it (which he has done so). What alot of people didn't know is that before the UFC, he was a world class wrestler- which means he was a genuine athlete. Somehow, because of that I thought he would do well in MMA. But he really needs to learn how to throw a REAL punch.

As for Mir, I have nothing but respect for the guy. He got into a ring with a clydesdale horse- a genuine world class athlete- and he lost. So what. The score cards are now 1-1. Mir rates a third fight, and who knows what can happen. Mir needs to put on about 25 lbs. of lean muscle and try again.

One more thing to remember about Lesnar: he's bringing some of that showmanship over from wrestling.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:00 pm 

Ok. I'll explain my perspective before I say anything else. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to fighting. Putting fighting style aside for a moment, I don't mind trash talk or hyping the fight, but when you enter the ring and leave the ring there should be a certain amount of respect for facing someone who's brave enough to risk his health in order to beat another man. There's a warrior ethic, a set of standard each man understands, even if it isn't discussed. It's a mutual respect, like with Serra fought Hughes. Those guys didn't like each other personally, but immediately after the fight they hugged and spoke and treated each other like men.

You simply don't see any respect given by Lesnar to anyone else. Is it because of his pro wrestling background? Maybe. But he performed in college like a lot of other fighters. He has had plenty of time to learn sportsmanship.

And I only have one thing to say about his anger: Bud Light.

The guy's reckless. Is he good for ticket sales? Of course. But is he good for the sport? Not at all, in my opinion.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next