Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:34 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Suggestions (2)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:20 am 

First suggestion, may I suggest that inbound P.M.'s show a noticeable marker, blinking icon or something of that sort? I had a P.M., and had no idea I had received it, and no idea how long it had been in there. I only found out about it when I got an email about it.

Second suggestion is I suggest that new members get a "Welcome" private message when they join the forums, so they are made aware that they must post 3 times before they are "vetted". I am now aware that the first 3 posts are approved by a moderator, but before I knew this, I found this feature disturbing and distracting, and almost decided not to post any more in the forum. Then Dent notified me that it was for the purpose of preventing SPAM and unwanted advertisements, and that was great news! My only point is that I might not be the only person to have experienced this. A note about it in the "Welcome To The Site" P.M. could ensure that everyone figures this out right away, and hopefully boosts the participation in the forum.

Keep up the great work gents. I really love this site, and it is because of the way it is run and the people here. Seriously.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions (2)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:40 am 
Special

Good suggestions spade.

I also personally mentioned the PM button becoming a different color to alert users. This item is on the list of improvements. Dent does a great job running this site and I'm sure will complete this enhancement when he gets some time.

I also like the idea of a welcome message to the new users, as I myself wasn't sure whether my initial post failed or not.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: Suggestions (2)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:44 am 
Site Admin

BlackSpade wrote:
First suggestion, may I suggest that inbound P.M.'s show a noticeable marker, blinking icon or something of that sort? I had a P.M., and had no idea I had received it, and no idea how long it had been in there. I only found out about it when I got an email about it.

Maybe you didnt notice, but when you have a new PM a new window opens and tells you that you have a new PM and kindly asks you if you would like to go to the inbox directly or check it later.

New PM wrote:
A new private message is waiting for you in your Inbox.

Go to your inbox

Close window

(You might wanna unblock any popup blocker you might have for this site).

You also get as you said, an email to the email you registered with telling you that you have a new PM. And as if that was not enough, the button that says "New PM" (Just to the right of the "UCP" button) is shown on each page of the forum.
Maybe you would like me to send you ans sms too? ;)

I think that its more a question of knowing what you are looking for then the forum not telling you. I hope this cleared that out.

BlackSpade wrote:
Second suggestion is I suggest that new members get a "Welcome" private message when they join the forums, so they are made aware that they must post 3 times before they are "vetted". I am now aware that the first 3 posts are approved by a moderator, but before I knew this, I found this feature disturbing and distracting, and almost decided not to post any more in the forum. Then Dent notified me that it was for the purpose of preventing SPAM and unwanted advertisements, and that was great news! My only point is that I might not be the only person to have experienced this. A note about it in the "Welcome To The Site" P.M. could ensure that everyone figures this out right away, and hopefully boosts the participation in the forum.

Sometimes its better that new member dont know. If you knew the amount of spam and links to potnce increasing sunstances or penis enlargerers we get every day you would aprichiate the feature. And if we tell people directly there is a risk that they make 3 fast "normal" posts and then when they are aprooved fill the forum with spam. This way we catch them after 1 or 2 posts and can dissaproove the posts, that are often a whole page with links, and ban the user.

Sorry that it has to be like that but if someone finds it so irritating that they wont post more I think I rather not have them here anyways.

This is a calm day:

Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:41 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» PeagNealBewly
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:37 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» Escabegernase
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:35 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» saxBoussynany
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:35 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» lotosdo
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» HZWillie
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» wouthOptot
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» foevenerrox
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:31 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» PaunsenTats
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» Glalianub
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:28 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» ToonDeetlenep
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» bobycharlston
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» Kenmaitte
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:23 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» balrhyncblalf
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:22 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» coaraceankede
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:21 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» Flepliero
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:20 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» Fattsortgrazy
Dent Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:19 am Banned user for reason “spam”
» LietUnlilia

patience is gold.

BlackSpade wrote:
Keep up the great work gents. I really love this site, and it is because of the way it is run and the people here. Seriously.

Thank you for your kind words :) Its great to have you as a member too :)

I will keep in mind your suggestions and see if i can make some adjustments later to make these things more clear for the user.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]