Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 9:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 126: Silva vs. Belfort - Aftertalk
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:03 pm 
Special

This was a pretty sweet event with some great finishes.

The standouts for me were Silva, Jones, Cerrone.

Cerrone started a little show but got into his groove and finished with a very nicely setup submission.

Jones is a monster! He totally dominated Bader, never looked in trouble and finished in style. UFC 128 just got a whole lot better. I might be hosting a viewing party at a pub as well so really looking forward to this one now.

Silva is the man. What a kick, something out of a movie or video game. You never know what this guy is going to do. I think I better start saving my money for GSP vs Silva :)

What did you guys think of the event?

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 126: Silva vs. Belfort - Aftertalk
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:34 pm 
Special

great event...
some really unexpected results that i was hoping for... :-bd
wanted jones to win but thought bader would take him down and hold him down...
jones getting a title shot in 6 weeks was an awesome suprise!
the tides turned so quick with silva... one minute all the belfort people in the pub jump up...
30 seconds later and all the silva fans jump up... it was great to watch the crowd reaction... :)
i picked silva to win (hoping for gsp superfight) but thought belfort might catch him...
not too many decisions either which i though was good...
bring on 127 and 128... \m/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:13 am 

Rich Franklin was a suprise result in my opinion, and the first fight, why do the judges continually get it wrong, are they watching something other than what we see?

On that note, has Franklin re injured his arm?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:10 pm 
Special

So-so event. Wasn't looking that great (Forrest and Franklin was never going to be a worthy co-main event, I hope the UFC realise that just because fighters are fan favourites it doesn't mean the match up will work) but then Silva comes with that kick. Insane kick, I never expected Belfort to beat him but man I wish we'd seen a few more rounds. It's a brilliant move and of course makes Silva look unbeatable but you can just as easily argue we learnt nothing from that fight, just like you learn nothing from someone getting knocked out by a surprise first punch in a few seconds. Would have been much more interesting to see a long battle.

Now, the main point of my posting, and let me start by saying I am not being a whiny bitch. I am not making a fuss for no reason.
The whole event was pretty much ruined for me by the user Bankinator. This dude, (and let me say I don't know who he is, I don't know how important the person I am abusing here is but I am just mad) posts career packs for Anderson Silva and Jon Jones straight after the event, so that it's impossible to not notice them as you are looking for your UFC 126 downloads. That makes it like 95% obvious to anyone with half a brain what has happened in their fights at UFC 126. Ok, it could just be coincidental timing to post one? Superbad coincidental timing to post both? No chance of that cos he even writes "updated to include UFC 126" in the title of the torrent, making it a complete and utter obvious spoiler for the two best, most exciting, and most interesting fights on the whole card, nay, the two fights that the whole card was pretty much built around.

As single fights often get posted after the events, it's hard enough to avoid getting spoilers from those, you have to navigate around whilst avoiding the file size of the single fights because the file sizes obviously let's you know the difference between a drawn-out long fight and a quick finish. That's just the way it is. But to deliberately post updated career packs straight after an event is just so unnecessary, and impossible to account and prepare yourself for. When you see someone has posted "Anderson Silva vs Vitor Belfort single fight", that's not a spoiler. You know the fight took place, and reading the torrent name is like a warning to avoid seeing the filesize. But when you read "Anderson Silva updated career pack", that's it. It's done, there's no warning.

I'm sorry but that's one of the worst spoilers I've seen on MMA-T in ages. Admins used to come down hard on spoilers, so I hope he/she gets a serious warning. And I hope someone else has the balls to back me up in complaining. It's the most thoughtless and inconsiderate thing I've seen done post-event since the shoutbox was removed. And for what? Gaining reputation as a good career pack provider? Boosting your ratio when people are buzzing about Silva and Jones? If that is worth ruining the event for people (I know it won't be just me who had it ruined, but it will be interesting to see if anyone else backs me up and agrees) then that is just about as unlike the spirit of the MMA-Torrents community as you can get.

Rant over. :(

..::WEC 46 - Varner vs. Henderson Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 51 - Aldo vs. Gamburyan Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Heavy Artillery Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:08 pm 
Special

Lenoz i agree.. i came online to get event next morning and saw updated career packs, so i guessed they had won, not sure what can do about it , common sense would be the person waits a week to do an update as it wasnt an urgent posting.

As for the event it was good, solid card the franklin fight was a bit of a wet fart but..Jones looked good and the silva fight..1 kick bang..over

Wanted to see few more rounds but hey i wont moan..best bit is silva is giving all the praise to steven seagal yes steven seagal for showing him the technique . :-c

All in all good card glad paul taylor got a result he deserved it

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:21 pm 
Special

sorry to hear about that man...
i just dont see how career packs mean those fighters won...
one could guess that they MIGHT have won but the career packs dont prove anything...
what if silva had lost...? and that person put up the career pack with silva losing to belfort anyways...
would you assume he won because it was updated a day or 2 after the fight...?

on the other hand i havent seen a ryan bader or vitor belfort pack update...
so maybe you guys have worked out something that i havent... ^#(^

personally i love spoilers...
id rather know what happens in real time...
i can always watch it later when it comes out...
patience is not a virtue i will ever master... \m/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:50 pm 

Yeah i agree with the Career pack thing.

I think you may be a bit over the top, someone may just love Anderson Silva's technique, lets face it who doesn't, if it contains all of the fighters fights, then i think you may be getting worked up over nothing. If it does however only contain his wins, then its a bit rude too do.

On a side note: What fight was Rogan referring too, a No rules fight which you can find on youtube?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:14 pm 
Special

Thanks for the support to the couple of people above me.
No one is going to be desperately scrabbling to update a career pack as quick as possible when the guy's just lost, it's pretty simple and quite obviously a spoiler.
A shame for sure - but let's hope that my rant means it never happens again, if that's the result then I'm happy to be called "over the top" but that also is a ridiculous accusation to me, I absolutely love my MMA and I don't want even the smallest bit of excitement spoiled for me.

ridah wrote:
What fight was Rogan referring too, a No rules fight which you can find on youtube?

Pele vs. Liddell, embedded below.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJIjCe0e4c[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enSu9PstpYE[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IINVMfBXEJI[/youtube]

..::WEC 46 - Varner vs. Henderson Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 51 - Aldo vs. Gamburyan Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Heavy Artillery Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:37 pm 

totally agree with symbiotik.....he has a point. anyways guys love him or hate him silva has proved that he one of the best mma fighters of all time..compared to what all the other mma fighters did in their respective weightclass. i personally think if he somehow had a fight with gsp ..he'd surely kick gsp's butt.. even nick diaz would buttkick gsp for that matter.. :))

..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:36 pm 

Too bad Belfort didnt even start to fight before gettin K.Oed after all the hype around this event :/
That makes Sonnens fight even better, because he really tried to take his chance from the very start of Round 1. Being patient doesnt seem to work against Silva at all...

Griffin vs Franklin was okay, though I wished for a bit more "blood" in this fight.
Bones Jones is really a beast, but I hope Bader will have a great "Comeback" this year!

Cerrone vs. Kelly was one of my favorites this time.

Oh and the best moment was Jones getting the title shot, I never really enjoyed Evans fights ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next