Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:10 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Brock Lesnar is "not going to be getting well anytime soon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:48 pm 
Dana White: Brock Lesnar is "not going to be getting well any time soon"

MANCHESTER, England – UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has already re-scheduled his bout with Shane Carwin twice. Now it appears to be off indefinitely.

At Saturday night's UFC 105 post-event press conference, UFC president Dana White said the mononucleosis that had been bothering Lesnar is still present, but the champ is now suffering a new set of illnesses, as well.

"I am worried about it," White said. "I can't really talk about it right now, but [Lesnar] is in rough shape. He's in really bad shape.

"I'm actually probably going to fly to go see him, and we're going to probably have to do some stuff to take care of this guy. He is not well, and he's not getting any better."

White said he wasn't sure how serious the new illnesses were and whether they could be career- or even life-threatening.

"I don't know," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I've got to get him to one of these really good hospitals with really good doctors to figure out what's wrong and how we get him better."

White said Lesnar collapsed while spending time on a retreat in Canada and was checked into a hospital.

"[Lesnar] is in bad shape, and the reality is they don't really know all that's wrong with him," White said. "He owns a bunch of property in Canada. He went up to Canada just to get away from his house, to go up there and just kind of chill out up there.

"He [expletive] dropped. He went down, and he had to go to the hospital. They ran every test on the planet on him, and they ended up finding out something else was wrong with him."

White said he's not yet sure what the UFC will do regarding the heavyweight division with its champion on the shelf for an indeterminable amount of time.

"If it's a long wait, we're gong to have to do something," White said. "We're going to have to – the last thing I ever want to do is strip a guy who won a title. That's the last thing I want to do. I don't know if we'll have to do an interim or what we'll do to fix it."

White said there's still more questions than answers surrounding his heavyweight champion, but one thing was certain: Lesnar will be on the shelf for the foreseeable future.

"He is not good," White said. "He is very, very sick, and he's going to be out for a while.

"He doesn't want to talk about it publicly, but he's in bad shape. He's not well. He's not going to be getting well anytime soon.

Post subject: Re: Brock Lesnar is "not going to be getting well anytime soon
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:48 pm 
Special

bad......rumors that the flu and monocleus ran him down and when he took pain killers he had a heart attack and has suffered enlarged heart from enhancement drugs taken while in wwe. even though he has been clean for 5 or more years the drugs lay await in your body. maybe just internet conspiracy talk..and i hope not true

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:33 pm 
Special

I'm not exactly Brock's #1 Fan, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope he gets better.

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:02 pm 

Okay...this reminds me a lot of Michael Jordan going to play baseball....hmmmmmmm.....

Has something changed? I'm sorry, but after Brock's fight with Mir, he should have been able to get in the ring in a month. I understand the hype machine and using other fighters as headliners, but this is ridiculous. I sincerely hope he isn't as bad off as they say, but it smells suspicious to me.

Either:

A) Lesnar really is sick. I don't like him much, but as written before, hope he's alright and forget the fighting. Get better.

B) Steroids. Waiting out time on either a cleanup or a quiet suspension.

C) After Lesnar's initial sickness(?), Dana White realizes that with all the dough Lesnar has doesn't really care about all this UFC stuff anyway. So, in order to make even more money and to give Lesnar plenty of time off to lay on his wife, he concocts this story. This means Carwin vs. Noguiera for the Interim Title followed by another "dramatic" unification fight. I wouldn't be surprised if their is even an Interim title defense before we ever see Lesnar again.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:11 pm 
Special

Yeah, this is awful news that you wouldn't wish on anyone - and if the heart attack rumours are true, then it could be the end of his career, which would be a massive shame. I'm not a huge Lesnar fan, but I think he will be a definite top 5 force in the UFC for a long time yet if he can come back okay, so it will be a big loss to the division if not.

For the interim situation, the UFC right now are in a tricky position. Carwin is the legit #1 contender, but I'm not sure they can/will just hand him the belt. Making Velasquez/Noguiera the interim fight is the easy fix, but not at all fair. Having the Velasquez/Nogueira fight and then having Carwin fight the winner would be ideal, but lengthy. And who could they get to fight Carwin for an interim fight? Kongo? Dos Santos? Ooh, actually... ;-)

..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:38 am 
Special

Hadn't heard this news before I made the last post. Suddenly, their predicament vanishes - back to Carwin vs Velasquez for the interim belt.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/16855/nogueir ... ez-off.mma

..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:16 am 

Okay.....so here goes....it's time for a George Foreman (b.s.) moment.

Mark Coleman steps in last minute to fight Velasquez for the Interim Title...Velasquez dominates a la Michael Moorer but somehow Coleman lands an (phantom) uppercut that somehow knocks Velasquez out cold to win. Velasquez strains to look knocked out.

Right about that time, Lesnar realizes that, since it's all fixed, decides that it really is for him after all. Suddenly, he's back to health, coming back to fight Coleman for the title, and Lesnar barely ekes out a last minute victory by jumping of the top link of the cage.

Then suddenly, Carwin is back and he "fights" Brock. Brock is about to lose, but the ref is disctracted by Sable. Then, as Carwin gets up to get the refs attention, he see Sable slapping around the UFC rings girls, calling them "amateurs." Lesnar gets up and hits (the now distracted) Carwin with a chair, just in time for the referee to get back to work and call the fight for Lesnar. Mark Coleman, in disguise, jumps out of the front row of the crowd, strips off his street clothes and surprise! he's got MMA trunks on. He beats up a tired Lesnar who, with another another distraction from a now nearly topless Sable, is able to run to the dressing room belt in hand with boos chasing them all the way. Coleman and Carwin raise each others arms after cleaning out the Octagon and the crowd cheers.

UFC fans leave for Dream....UFC buys Dream. Start over.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

jnrpepaseed wrote:
bad......rumors that the flu and monocleus ran him down and when he took pain killers he had a heart attack and has suffered enlarged heart from enhancement drugs taken while in wwe. even though he has been clean for 5 or more years the drugs lay await in your body. maybe just internet conspiracy talk..and i hope not true

Very scary, and I hope it serves as a warning to all athletes that its not worth it! You can have the sexiest wife and the biggest house and a giant car, but if you get a heartattack you wont be able to enjoy them very much...

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]