Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: New MMA League to Take Sport to New Level
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

In an effort to bring together the growing mixed martial arts business….provide a structured way for up-and-coming young mixed martial arts fighters to compete and get noticed…. and to give anyone the chance to own a professional sports team, Southern California fight promoter Roy Englebrecht announced the launch of the Professional Mixed Martial Arts League, the PMMAL.

Set to begin play in February of 2010, the PMMAL will award charter team ownerships in eight specific areas in six Southern California counties and Las Vegas.

“The time has finally arrived for the PMMAL,” stated Englebrecht. “As a club promoter of MMA since it was approved in California in 2006, I know first hand the struggle young fighters have in trying to get fights, and the major struggle small mma promoters encounter just trying to promote a show and give the fighters and fans a good experience, and hopefully turn a small profit. Now with the Professional Mixed Martial Arts League some of the best young mma fighters can be part of a team, know when they will fight, and be paid and treated like the professional athletes they are,” continued Englebrecht.

As one of the founding owners of arguable one of the most successful minor league baseball franchises, the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes, Englebrecht knows what it takes to make a professional team organization work and how owners can run a profitable team business. “I know the fun and profitability that an investment in a professional sports team can provide. I know about the dreams of most every sports fan to be just like Jerry Jones, Jerry Buss, Arte Moreno, or George Steinbrenner and own a pro sports team, as I realized that dream with the Quakes. Now the dream of owning a professional sports team can become a reality with the purchase of a PMMAL team,” said Englebrecht. “Having the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of any business is worth its weight in gold, so buying in as a charter owner of a PMMAL team, involving the hottest pro sport today, is an unbelievable opportunity and one that should not be missed by anyone.”

The PMMAL concept will see eight qualified owners awarded teams and have exclusive territorial rights in seven regions; San Diego County, Orange County, Los Angeles County, Ventura County, Riverside County, San Bernardino County, and Las Vegas. The eight team league will be broken up into two Conferences, the Ocean Conference consisting of San Diego County, Orange County South, Los Angeles County and Ventura County, and the Desert Conference comprised of Riverside County, San Bernardino County, Las Vegas and Orange County North.

Each PMMAL team will play an eight event regular season schedule, once a month, beginning in February of 2010 with four home events and four away events, with the all eight teams qualifying for the PMMAL Championships starting in October with the Quarterfinals. Four teams will advance to the Semi Finals in November with two teams competing for the Inaugural PMMAL Championship in December.

Each PMMAL team will be allowed to select 14 fighters in a League Draft tentatively scheduled for early December of 2009. Teams will get to protect four fighters from their exclusive territory through the first four rounds of the draft, after which it becomes an open draft. Fighters interested in being eligible to be drafted must apply to the PMMAL, and must live and train in either California or Nevada, plus have no more than eight pro fights.

All the PMMAL events will be team vs team with the team scoring the most points at each event earning a $3,500 team win bonus. All PMMAL fighters will receive a guaranteed purse for each fight, and can earn additional bonus money based on fastest knockout, fastest submission, and of course the team win bonus. PMMAL fighters could earn up to $25,000 a year, with the minimum compensation a PMMAL fighter can earn in a year being $10,000.

Owners who qualify to acquire a PMMAL team will be able to purchase one of the eight 2010 charter PMMAL teams for a membership fee of $70,000, with each team owner required to reside in the team territory that they have purchased. Each team will retains all revenue from their four home events and any playoff games. The PMMAL plans to expand to 16 teams in 2011, with the eight new 2011 teams coming from Arizona, Northern and Central California, Washington and Oregon, with further expansion to the Midwest and East Coast planned for 2012. Individual interested in obtaining a PMMAL Application and Membership Agreement can contact Roy Englebrecht at info@pmmal.com.

“I am extremely grateful to the UFC, Strikeforce, and M-1 Global for what they have done to grow mixed martial arts in America and the world over the past ten years", said Englebrecht. "And even to those organizations that have come and gone, they all have helped to make mixed martial arts the sports powerhouse it is today and the respect it finally has garnered with consumers, sponsors and regulatory bodies. I just felt over the past three years that entry level mma fighters and promoters just didn’t have the proper platform to perform on, or to make it a viable business. Now the PMMAL will provide a solid vehicle so that fighters who dream of one day competing in the UFC or Strikeforce can see their dreams come true, thanks to the Professional Mixed Martial Arts League.”

PMMAL GOALS

League ConceptThe projected goal of the Professional Mixed Martial Arts League is to take a relatively new pro sports concept, mixed martial arts, and move it into a legitimate team format, with a new level of credibility, excitement, and success.

Now, for the first time in combative sports, each fight will mean something to the fans in the seats. It will not just be one fight after another fight after another fight, featuring fighters that very few customers even know or recognize. Now it will be… “us” battling “them”! It will be the “good guys” facing the “bad guys”! It’s “my team” kicking “your team’s butt”. Now combative sports fans will have a reason to stay till the end of each show as the last bout of the night could determine what team wins!

The Professional Mixed Martial Arts League will work diligently to capture and maintain the growing number of MMA fans throughout Southern California and the nation. The League will work to expand on the current success of MMA, allowing the “team” concept to draw new fans who never have attended a MMA show, or had an interest in rooting for MMA fighters or even MMA.

The Professional Mixed Martial Arts League will take the action and excitement that the UFC, Strikeforce, Dream and Pride have brought to the sport, and transplant it into a legitimate team concept, finally giving the sports fans the opportunity to enjoy “live” mixed martial arts action at affordable prices.

For the first time ever, the sport of mixed martial arts will have a 12 month season with the PMMAL!
PMMAL Philosophy

League ConceptThe Professional Mixed Martial Arts League will make every attempt to not merely be the world’s only legitimate mixed martial arts league, but will endeavor to assist and improve the sport of mixed martial arts wherever and however it can.

As the PMMAL continues to develop, it will commit to five guiding principles in all aspects of league business:

* Become the meeting place for USA mixed martial arts fans
* Reflect diversity and inclusiveness
* Stay youthful in attitude, style and fan profile
* Articulate and evoke passion for mixed martial arts
* Be the inspirational destination point for today’s amateur mixed martial arts fighters looking to move to the professional level

http://www.pmmal.com/index.php

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: New MMA League to Take Sport to New Level
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

Quick Facts
Team Territories to be Awarded for 2010 PMMAL Season
Ocean Conference Desert Conference
Orange County South
Los Angeles County
San Diego County
Ventura County Orange County North
Riverside County
San Bernardino County
Las Vegas
Season Schedule

* Eight regular season events
* Four home events and four away events
* Home and home events with conference teams
* One home events and one away event with two non conference teams

PMMAL Team Organization

* Each team carries roster of 12 fighters
* Seven fighters compete per event and get paid, five fighters on reserve team
* Team allowed to use any seven of 12 fighters in any event
* Four weight divisions make up the seven fighter competing team, with one fighter competing at 135lbs, and two fighters each at 145lbs, 155lbs, and 185lbs
* Starting seven fighters must be submitted at official weigh in
* Fighters can have no more than eight professional fights to be drafted in PMMAL 2010 season
* Fighters must be between 18-30 years of age
* Fighters can not compete on more than two consecutive events

PMMAL Regular Season

* Team with most points after seven bouts wins event
* Team starting lineup must be announced three days before each event
* Seven bouts of three rounds of three minutes each

PMMAL Team Scoring

Teams awarded points for:

* Knockout Win – Four Points
* Submission Win – Three Points
* Split Decision Win – Three Points, and Two Points to losing team
* Draw (will fight one extra round) - Three Points, One Point to losing team
* Unanimous Decision - Two Points
* First round Knockout or Submission Win in either 6th or 7th fight - Five Points
* Team scoring most points wins event

PMMAL Key Rules

* Each team must have a minimum of three fighters living in team county.
* No more than two trainers/coaches can be hired by team.
* All PMMAL fighters who have signed a PMMAL contract can not fight for another organization or promotion unless they are placed on PMMAL waiver list and clear waivers.
* Current California and MMA rules will be enforced.
* PMMAL officials will be current California and Nevada MMA officials.
* MMA fighters with eight pro fights or less are eligible for the 2010 season PMMAL draft.
* All PMMAL bouts held in 24' x 24' MMA ring.
* PMMAL weigh ins conducted afternoon of day prior to each event.
* All PMMAL events will have a 10 minute intermission after fourth bout.
* PMMAL fighters will have their names printed on their competition trunks

PMMAL Partners

It will be a PMMAL priority to research, contact, and secure League affiliations in a number of areas, such as sponsorships, suppliers, media partners and broadcast partners. All revenue secured by the League in any of these areas will go directly to the League, and then be distributed in payments to each team and the league office.

Once exclusive PMMAL league wide sponsors have been secured and signed, individual PMMAL teams will be able to sign and local team sponsors that do not conflict with the exclusive PMMAL league sponsors.

The PMMAL will seek affiliations in the following areas:

* PMMAL Title Sponsor
* PMMAL Presenting Sponsor
* PMMAL Fight Trunks Sponsor
* PMMAL T-Shirt Sponsor
* PMMAL Glove Sponsor
* Media Sponsors
* Cable Broadcast Partner
* Internet Broadcast Partner

Any prospective PMMAL Partners desiring a sponsorship packet can contact Roy Englebrecht at info@pmmal.com or call 949-760-3131

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:12 am 
Special

Quote:
Now, for the first time in combative sports, each fight will mean something to the fans in the seats. It will not just be one fight after another fight after another fight, featuring fighters that very few customers even know or recognize. Now it will be… “us” battling “them”! It will be the “good guys” facing the “bad guys”! It’s “my team” kicking “your team’s butt”.

So, they've decided they're going to actively remove one of the things that makes MMA special. Your country of birth or your race doesn't matter. All that matters is how you perform in the cage. The result is a beautiful display of technique, heart, and soul, in an arena of glorious rightous combat, two men with nothing but their hands and their heads trying to outwit each other in a physical chess match. There's no point having teams, because there is no team strategy that could bring success. MMA is NOT a team sport!

Besides, you stole the idea of M-1 Affliction Challenge, which is a pretty mediocre show for the reasons afformentioned. I hope you go broke, and your fighters go to organisations who know what they're doing.

..::UFC 107 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:48 pm 

DasGuntLord01,
I hear what your saying for sure....., however MMA, I believe, is definitely a "Team Sport". Anyone who has competed knows, you are only as good as the team members you train with. I would think that most MMA athletes put a great deal of confidence in the gym / training centers they are committed to. You can see this with many gyms today, some consistently put out great fighters. Part of that is with the coaching staff, but much of it is directly attributed to the "team" members they train with.

So while the end result (one on one combat) may not be considered team sports, I believe it is very much a team effort that leads up to the end result, and even after...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:31 am 
Special

Then it's team training, not a team sport. The important part of the team aspect happens behind closed doors in your gym, not in the ring.

..::UFC 107 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:42 pm 

DasGuntLord01 wrote:
Then it's team training, not a team sport. The important part of the team aspect happens behind closed doors in your gym, not in the ring.

And like I said, I think you would find that many fighters would disagree... A team is a team is a team, from beginning to end..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:06 am 

To throw my two cents in, here goes:

1. Warriors travel in packs. MMA is directly tied to the martial arts and the credos that are bound to them. Ideas like perfection of the human spirit, complete peace within, self preservation, only using your skills in the proper situation. These ideas bring honor and respect to the sport and the fighters. For these reasons I don't really have a problem having fight "teams".

2. Do I think this new league is gonna succeed? Hell no. MMA is getting to big to start changing the rules in the US. UFC and WEC have created a way to handle MMA. Is it the best set of rules? No way. Should some be revised? Hells yea. But the fact is, it will take a lot of thought and money to step in on Dana's territory. There are already lots of localized fight groups (I live in Texas and know of about three bigger groups that setup matches). I'm sure other states are the same. Like I said, it'll take lots of thought into how to change the rules for the better, and someone with deep pockets to change the direction of MMA in the US.

3. I like Skittles.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:23 am 

Anyone seen the IFL lately? Hmmm...didn't think so....

I, too, think that this will fail miserably.....but.....reading these posts it would be interesting if local gyms made up the teams and entered into some kind of competition....It would almost be like the beginning (e.g., karate vs. ju-jitsu vs. boxing vs. wrestling, etc.), except it could be Miletich vs. Gracie vs. any gym who wants to enter their fighters.

Most areas have some form of regional / city-wide fighting "organization." Just work with those guys to make it so any time the schedule has you at home, your set of fights make up the local card....hmmmm....I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks to see how the local guys at Mushin take on guys from Gracie or Miletich's places.....

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]