Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 8:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 12   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Phenom: The Road to Greatness [Training Log]
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:14 pm 
Special

Thanks for the support miz :mrgreen:, I was just thinking that too. I'll prob upload some vids, might have to edit some videos together (so its not boring :lol:) with Adobe Premiere Pro since I have it (pirating ftw!) so I guess its a good a time as any to learn how to use it.

My weak Brunch lol:
2 Cups of Grapes
1 Banana
1 Bagel with Cream Cheese
12oz of Green Tea w/ Honey
[X]oz Water
1x Opti-Men
2x Fish Oil

Got Controlled Labs Purple InTrain in a package today! Controlled Labs is a great brand thats pretty cheap as well. Its for Inta-Workout use to help with endurance, energy, etc. Should help me out when I use it during the grueling exercises and sessions :).

..::UFC 102 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm 
Special

Done with HIIT, beginner workout. | http://www.intervaltraining.net/HiitTraining-30.html | Shit is tough man lol. 30 seconds hard and 90 seconds rest for a minimum of 6 sets. I ran a circle around part of my road and part of my lawn, had to run with my iPod Touch in my hand lol. I drank my Purple InTrain once during that course of intervals and some prior to it. It tasted okay, wish it tasted like Universal Nutrition's Intra-Aid, Blue Raspberry :cry:.

PostWO Nutrition:
[X]oz of Water (Lots!)
1/2x Serving of InTrain left
20oz of Green Tea w/ Honey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:22 pm 
Special

Wow, you are doing really well!!! I'm jealous ;) unfortunately I only just picked up practice (kickboxing/muay thai) again, after a four year leave and no sports. I've been training for three weeks now and already seeing some improvements esp. in cardio. I'm only training one session a week though(1 1/2 hour) but I will amp it up in a few weeks when the sourness lasts less long. (Sorry for my bad english btw)

Can you tell me where to get good tips on nutrition, as you seem to be well aware of what is good prior and after training? Thnx and keep up the good work an postings!

..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 113 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:38 pm 
Thx, this is good stuff to read....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:56 pm 
Special

ctc wrote:
Wow, you are doing really well!!! I'm jealous ;) unfortunately I only just picked up practice (kickboxing/muay thai) again, after a four year leave and no sports. I've been training for three weeks now and already seeing some improvements esp. in cardio. I'm only training one session a week though(1 1/2 hour) but I will amp it up in a few weeks when the sourness lasts less long. (Sorry for my bad english btw)

Can you tell me where to get good tips on nutrition, as you seem to be well aware of what is good prior and after training? Thnx and keep up the good work an postings!

Thanks man! I'm lucky since I've been doing Track and Football for 3 years, Track got me some good cardio (sprinter!) and Football got me into the weight room. You're english is fine btw ;) .

For nutritional purposes and lifting purposes I hang out at bodybuilding.com forums, the site is has some good articles as well. HOWEVER I do NOT bodybuild as its not suitable for combat sports. I powerlift instead which is GREAT for combat sports. Improving strength, power, speed, etc without building as much bulk. I recommend the 5x5 Powerlifting routine and Rippetoes which seems to provide great results to a lot of people (I have not tried it though). You want to take some carbs before and after training. After training seems to be most essential as it causes an insulin spike and helps get those nutrients (protein, multi, etc) into your blood and to the muscles. Protein is also good for Pre and Post, Post though is most important. Whey protein is great for fast absorption and Casein Protein is best for before bedtime. Mixes can be taken whenever.

Alan Aragon is a smart fellow and wrote about nutrition for working out:
Quote:
60-90 minutes preworkout, have a solid, balanced meal:

Protein = 0.25g/lb TBW
Carbs = 0.25g/lb TBW
Adding fat at this point is fine, use your discretion as long as it fits into your macro goals. Note that this meal is skipped if you train 1st thing in the morning.

[OR]

30-0 minutes preworkout - (and/or sipped throughout the workout), have a liquid or easily digested meal:

Protein = 0.25g/lb TBW
Carbs = 0.25g/lb TBW
If you were going to train for close to or more than 2 hours continuously, it would definitely benefit you to have this extra preworkout meal either immediately prior to, or sipped during training. Keep the fats here incidental & not added if you're prone to gastric distress during training.

Within 30 minutes postworkout, have either a liquid or solid meal:

Protein = 0.25g/lb TBW
Carbs = 0.25-0.5g/lb TBW, depending on how carb-restricted your diet is.
Amount of fat here doesn't matter as long as your daily target is hit.

Post-postworkout is simply your next sheduled meal, whether it's 1, 2, or 3 hrs later simply doesn't matter - especially if your immediate postworkout meal was designed as above.

NOTE: The small differences are mainly geared toward simplifying the guidelines. The rest of the recommendations about food types are pretty much the same. Also note that I no longer give a damn about GI, it doesn't really make a difference one way or another. If you want high GI carbs pre and/or during training, go for it. As time has passed, GI has proven itself to be a worthless, irrelevant index. Insulinogenesis is a separate issue, and slight elevations during & postworkout is a great idea. This accomplished by both food type & food amount, the latter being more important. To boot, the necessary insulin elevations for maximal net gains in protein balance are easily met without specific attempts at spiking it up. There's obviously a lot more to this, but that's the important basics. The rest is fringe.

http://alanaragon.com/

This guy named Yanyan has an interesting blog with nutrition, recipes, lifting routines, supplement reviews, etc.
http://yanyanxu.com/

Heres what seems to be a great Muay Thai/Kickboxing bag workout :D :

Quote:
I took his layout for boxing, and molded it into a Muay Thai workout. The rounds are 3 minutes long, and I took 30 to 60 seconds rest in between each round.

You want to keep your guard and proper footwork throughout the ENTIRE exercise, jaw clenched, etc.

Round 1: Jab and Pushkick Work (keeping the distance)

Minute 1: Focus on your foot movement and form. Throw the jab high to the head or mid to the body to keep the distance comfortable, while staying in guard and light on your feet. Keep it simple to warm up and get your fight going.

Minute 2: Now combine a good push kick with that jab. The push kick should come from your lead leg and strike to the stomache, chest, and rarely the head. Start to feel the difference between jabs and pushkicks, and what they can do for you. Practice the pushkick - jab combo, a good way to insure that the opponent either stays back, or gets combo'd up on after you hit the jab.

Minute 3: Just keep going, really focus on your tactics and movement.

Round 2 & 3: CROSS and ROUNDKICK - (Exchanging Blows at Mid-Distance)

Minute 1: Focus on a good cross to the head and body. while keeping your movement and gaurd. Throw it out there quick and hard, and bring it back to protect your head.

Minute 2: Now follow up the cross with a good roundkick. Switch up the crosses and kicks from head to body, just make sure you keep the form good.

Minute 3: Focus on ending the fight with these exchanges. Head cross as hard as you can, high kicks to the head, liver kicks, etc. Just make sure your form is good.

I did this round twice, one for Regular and once South Paw

Round 3 & 4: Hooks and Uppercuts

These rounds I just focus on my technique and judge the time accordingly. Hooks and Uppercuts are strikes i really need to work on, so I havent set a workout in stone yet. I switched the stance after the first round of them. Focus on keeping the hooks tight and powered by the lower body. The uppercuts should not leave you too exposed, and you should be gaurding with your other arm while performing these strikes.

Round 5: Knees and Elbows

Minute 1: All sorts of elbows: hooks, uppercuts, overhead, stabbing, and maybe backhand.

Minute 2: All sorts of knees: stabbing and side knees in the clinche, jumping knees.

Minute 3: Mix it up between filthy elbows and terrible knees while in the clinche, closing distance, etc.

Round 6: Apply EVERYTHING

Keep the distance until you can move inside. Some examples:

Push Kick, Push Kick (getting the distance), Roundhouse Kick to body (you've found the distance), Cross to head (your coming in while striking), step in for lead hook to body (you are in, and causing havok), get the clinche and start a flurry of knees (you've got him), step back and push kick off of you (lets save our energy), jab to head (you wanna come in one me?), jab to body (you sure?), flyin knee to body (RAHHH!), uppercut to chin.

This is the fun part. Its also the worst toll on your body, but try to keep it interesting and PREVAIL!

King Kabuki -

Good work. I'm going to find my kicking workout and put it in here for those interested. Man, I gotta go back to my first thread ever on Sherdog to find it. lol I'll edit it into this post:

EDIT**

Alright, now that I look at this it's mostly for strength and conditioning and not so much for technique. Which Tokian's routine is more for. But here's what I used to do to strengthen my legs and be able to kick like fricken Thunderclaps.

1) Squat kicks - Stand in your stance and squat bending only at the knees. When you rise completely, pop a teep kick. Repeat. Then after a while switch sides and work on the other leg. You can also do this with your feet even and your hands up, alternating legs. Squat, stand, left kick, squat, stand, right kick, etc. If you can have someone hold a blocking pad for you, you can work on accuracy and follow-through. You can also do this for side-kicks and back-kicks, and it will give you strength and balance enough to kick people so hard in the gut they have to pee.

2) Squat Thrust (a.k.a. "Burpees") kicks - This one SUCKS, but works like a charm. Perform a squat thrust. Stand with feet together, arms at your sides. Squat all the way down bending at the knees and slightly at the waist, hands flat to the floor, thrust out your back legs keeping them straight and together (so that you end up in push-up position), and then pull in the legs back to the squat position, shoot back up into standing position, and pop a teep or round-kick, repeat, and on the next one alternate legs. The trick is to do this all in one fluid motion. You might fall over the first couple of times you do it but you'll get used to it. This one is also fun with a target, blocking pads work best.

3) Frog Jumps - Hands behind your head, squat down as far as you can, then spring up and jump, landing back and flowing down back into the squat positon, repeat. Your ass and hamstrings will get solid REAL fast with this one.

4) Machine-gun kicking drills - I actually stole this from my TKD classes when I was little but man does it help with kicking power and speed. On your heavy bag (I assume you have one, if not GET ONE, they're a Muay Thai fighter's BEST friend), do your kicks in succession as fast and hard as you can for like 50 straight kicks. 25 with each leg. Increase as it gets easier and faster. So that this is how it goes: Left <Pow> Right <POW> Left <POW> Right <POW>, as if you're walking down your opponent with your kicks.

That was long lol

Kamara666 wrote:
Thx, this is good stuff to read....

Thanks Kam :P .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:36 am 
Special

Dinner:
- 2 Hamburgers
- Rest of the Green Tea that was in my bottle
- Water
- 1x ON Opti-Men
- 3x Fish Oil

Snack:
- Vanilla Ice Cream w/ Caramel Syrup
- Bannana

I'm thinking about lifting right now but I might be lifting later on in the day so I don't know :/.

Last edited by PhenomKidd on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:28 am 
Special

Thanks a lot for al your information, I'll look into it and see what I can do with it to improve my results!

..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 113 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:33 pm 
Special

Same workout, minor variations:

PreWO Nutrition:
23g Gaspari Myofusion protein shake
8oz Orange Juice
1x Opti-Men
2x Fish Oil

30 seconds rests for heavy bag, 60 seconds rest all other.
Training Schedule for 1st Session:
1 Round - Stretching
1 Round - Jump roping
2 Rounds - Shadow boxing
6 Rounds - Heavy Bag
3 Rounds - Speed bag
2 Rounds - Double-end Bag
2 Rounds - Jump Roping

NO CALISTHENICS (Because I think I'm finally hitting the gym)

Post Work-Out:
8oz of Orange Juice
[X]oz Water
35g Total ON Whey Protein Shake w/ Milk & 2Tbsp of Peanut Butter

Quote:
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."
— Muhammad Ali

Song:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsF1pzO8p9M][/youtube]

Found out how to embed videos! :P

Last edited by PhenomKidd on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:00 pm 
Special

Bought some more gear from Title boxing. Title Gel World Headgear, Everlast Super Plastic Speed Rope, Title Mexican Hand Wraps, and a Title boxing T-shirt. :/ No more buying online for a while, hope I can stick to that :? .

Last edited by PhenomKidd on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:05 am 
Special

Lunch:
- Some pasta
- Orange Juice

Dinner:
- 3 Porkchops with rice & ketchup
- [X]oz of water
- 1x Opti-Men
- 3x Fish Oil

Still did not get to lift today, a little annoyed. Might be for the better though because my legs were sore from the HIIT and prior running. Tomorrow I should be able to go as long as nothing happens to my ride.

P.S. Jump roping sucks :evil:.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 12   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next