Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:22 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Akira Corassani Calls out Irish Featherweight Conor McGregor
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:33 pm 
Special

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pXCoRG-FUIs

Irish featherweight Conor McGregor hasn't received that many callouts since his impressive first-round beatdown of Marcus Brimage in his UFC debut last month.

That is, until TUF alum Akira Corassani put his fedora in the ring by calling "Notorious" out with this surprisingly calm and respectful video, which you can see embedded above.

In the clip posted on Youtube on Sunday, Corassani gives the rising MMA star 48 hours to accept his challenge of fighting on the Aug. 17 card at the TD Garden in Boston for the launch of Fox Sports 1.

"I respect you, I respect your team, and I respect the Republic of Ireland," Corassani says. "But it's time to do this. Conor, meet me at the Garden."

As of Monday morning, the Irish featherweight has yet to offer up a response to the video.

Both men are currently undefeated in the UFC and coming off big wins at UFC on Fuel TV 9, held in Stockholm, Sweden.

Fighting in his native country, Corassani was able to win in front of the hometown crowd, taking a unanimous decision victory over vet Robbie Peralta.

The highly hyped McGregor was able to live up to expectations by taking out Brimage with punches just over a minute into the first round. The impressive UFC debut also earned the Irishman Knockout of the Night honors.

While there's no word yet on whether a bout with Corassani will take place, UFC president Dana White has already confirmed that McGregor will be fighting on the Boston card in August, regardless of who his opponent is.

Post subject: Re: Akira Corassani Calls out Irish Featherweight Conor McGregor
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:29 pm 

McGregor's UFC debut was the first time I've seen this guy fight. I was very impressed with his skills, he strikes like he's been there done that. I'll definitely be following him from now on.

*edit: grammar. was drunked..

Last edited by Fedor on Wed May 08, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Akira Corassani Calls out Irish Featherweight Conor McGregor
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm 
Special

Fedor wrote:
McGregor's UFC debut was the first time I've seen this guy fight. I was very impressed with his skills, he strikes he's been there done that. I'll definitely be following him from now on.

I TOTALLY agree with u. One of the best new prospects I've seen in a long time. I think he will destroy most of his division.. and in time be a worthy title challenger. And best of all, he's Irish ::salut::

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]