Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Tito Ortiz 'may have to come out of retirement' to beat Jon Jones and protect his UFC title defenses
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 am 
Special

UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz tweeted Saturday that "I may have to come out of retirement to beat @JonnyBones I can't let (him) beat my record' of consecutive UFC Light Heavyweight title defenses.

Former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Tito Ortiz responded to current champ Jon Jones tying his UFC record 5 consecutive LHW title defenses by taking to twitter and speculating about coming out of retirement:

The 38-year-old Ortiz retired following his July 2012 loss to Forrest Griffin at UFC 148. He was 16-11-1 in his MMA career and 15-11-1 in the UFC.

Ortiz had lost his first title shot against Frank Shamrock in a classic at UFC 22. After Shamrock retired, Ortiz won the then-vacant title in a UFC 25 decision win over Wanderlei Silva in April, 2000. He then reeled off a string of wins over Yuki Kondo, Evan Tanner, Elvis Sinosic, Vladimir Matushenko and Ken Shamrock before losing the title to Randy Couture at UFC 44 in September, 2003.

Jones took the title from Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 128 in March, 2011. Since then he has beaten Quinton "Rampage" Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort and Chael Sonnen in consecutive title bouts. He has stated he wants to break Ortiz' record and then challenge Middleweight champ Anderson Silva in a "super fight" before moving up to seek the UFC Heavyweight title.

First Jones will have to recover from a horribly dislocated big toe suffered during the Sonnen match. He is medically suspended for an indefinite length of time.

Post subject: Re: Tito Ortiz 'may have to come out of retirement' to beat Jon Jones and protect his UFC title defe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:06 am 
Special

Comedy Gold. Tito has about the same chances as I do: -1%.

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

Post subject: Re: Tito Ortiz 'may have to come out of retirement' to beat Jon Jones and protect his UFC title defe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

jrhendrix wrote:
Comedy Gold. Tito has about the same chances as I do: -1%.

:mrgreen:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:19 pm 

Aye, he has absolutely no chance.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]