Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:13 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Dana White to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Come on over, you will get smashed'
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:36 pm 
Special

Dana White to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Come on over, you will get smashed' (As smashed as Josh Rosenthal? lol). :-BD

Months after Fury's attempt to stir the pot with some trash talk directed at Cain Valesquez, White invites the boxer to enter the Octagon.

Back at UFC 155, Heavyweight champ Cain Velasquez reclaimed his title from Junior dos Santos in an incredibly dominant decision victory. It wasn't long after that before Heavyweight boxer Tyson Fury took to Twitter to call out the mixed martial artist. Cain resopnded with a short and sweet invitation for Tyson to stop talking about it and "go ahead and do it."

At Wednesday's Fan Q&A in New York, UFC president Dana White extended an invitation of his own to Fury (via MMA Junkie):

Come on over. We'll make a deal. You want to fight Cain? Come on over here. You will get smashed.

Undoubtedly, the potential MMAist vs. Pro Boxer fight is incredibly unlikely, but don't doubt that Dana would follow through with his invitation. Only just less than two years ago, he brought in James Toney to lose by first round submission to UFC legend Randy Couture.

Regardless, Cain will still need to face Antonio Silva at UFC 160 in May. The two are meeting for the second time after Cain brutally finished Bigfoot in their first fight at UFC 146. It will be Velasquez's second attempt to earn his first defense of the HW title.

Post subject: Re: Dana White to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Come on over, you will get smashed'
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:54 pm 

ahhh gold ol josh,where do i get my fix from now haha
on topic tho.
i love it when boxers think they are all that and can do damage in the cage,and giving from past 19yrs experience of watching the sport,the only damage done is the boxers rep.
i even remember seeing one boxer back in the early ufc days come in the cage with one glove on pmsl.oh and james tony who??? lol
i hope dana gives him a chance to fail epicly.
i would also like to see barry bonds come in and throw a right hook in josh kohcecks jaw even if they would be in different weight classes.

Post subject: Re: Dana White to boxer Tyson Fury: 'Come on over, you will get smashed'
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:04 pm 

In his last fight Tyson Fury got dropped by a pumped up cruiserweight. I've seen him get seriously rocked in his early career too. He needn't worry about UFC, the moment he steps in the ring with a serious heavyweight he's gonna get wrecked.

..::UFC on Fox 8 - Johnson vs. Moraga Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 162 - Silva vs Weidman Competition Winner::..

You have to test yourself every day, gentlemen. Once you stop testing yourself, you get slow. And when that happens they kill ya.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]