Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: What release to get?? Dilemma when downloading via flexget
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:59 pm 

Hello all!

I am downloading UFC events using Flexget which is a great python app for initiating downloads. My config attempts to grab releases 720p-1080p, excluding via regex stuff like weigh-ins, embedded, TUF, etc.

In general it is working well, but I'm downloading WAY more than I'd like. I want to seed indefinitely, but I'm quickly running out of drive space.

Lets use UFC 245 as an example. My config ended up downloading the following:

Code:
4.7GB   UFC.245.720p.WEB.H264.Fight-BB.mkv
3.4GB   UFC.245.Early.Prelims.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.Fight-BB.mp4
2.1GB   UFC.245.Early.Prelims.720p.WEB-DL.H264.Fight-BB.mp4
5.1GB   UFC.245.Early.Prelims.720p.WEB.H264-LEViTATE
 11GB   UFC.245.PPV.1080p.WEB.h264-VERUM
5.3GB   UFC.245.PPV.720p.HDTV.x264-VERUM
5.0GB   UFC.245.Prelims.1080p.WEB-DL.H264.Fight-BB.mp4
3.4GB   UFC.245.Prelims.1080p.WEB.H264-SHREDDIE
4.6GB   UFC.245.Prelims.1080p.WEB.h264-VERUM
3.0GB   UFC.245.Prelims.720p.HDTV.x264-WH.mp4
3.1GB   UFC.245.Prelims.720p.WEB-DL.H264.Fight-BB.mp4
3.1GB   UFC.245.Prelims.720p.WEB.H264-SHREDDIE
5.1GB   UFC.245.Prelims.Repack.1080p.WEB.H264-SHREDDIE
4.0GB   UFC.245.Prelims.Repack.720p.WEB.H264-SHREDDIE
 63GB   total

Thats 3 different versions of the main card, 3 of the early prelims, and 8 versions of the prelims. 63GB of stuff vs the 15-ish GB I'll end up actually watching and archiving. I'm also worried this will negatively impact my ratio, downloading versions that others might not bother with.

I considered adjusting my regex to only download from a certain group, like VERUM. But that's going to get some stuff forgotten about, like VERUM released early prelims for UFC 243 and 245, but not 244.

Does anyone else use Flexget? Or has anyone had a similar issue with another tool and found a clever solution?

Thanks!

Last edited by nekofoo on Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What release to get?? Dilemma when downloading via flexget
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Yeah I understand exactly what you mean, but the problem is that you don't know exactly what you want. Don't get me wrong Im not picking on you lol.

I just mean that if you know that you only want UFC in 720p from VERUM it's easy. Just set the regex accordingly.

ufc.*720.*verum

But because you don't know what you want, VERUM, SHREDDiE, Fight-BB, LEViTATE etc. etc. it is hard to make a regex string.

What you would need is an A.I. that can deduct what release would be the best for you both quality-wise and amount of probable leechers. As far as I know it's not available yet.

The best solution is maybe and most likely that you set the filters to download a specific releasegroup that tend to be consistent. And a specific quality.

ufc.*(720|1080).*shreddie

Otherwise, I suppose you can make a string to exclude as well. Put the groups that you usually do not download there to avoid getting those downloaded at least.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:49 am 

Thanks for the response. I think I'll follow your advice and exclude based on release group and maybe also stick to 720p. I'll have to dig in and do some research, look over the last 20-30 events and see what groups do what, DL-ers comments, etc.

Thanks again for your assistance, and for running a great site!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:47 am 
Site Admin

Its always a pleasure to able to help our awesome members!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]