Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:26 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Henderson wants a new contract and a title shot with it
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 am 
Special

UFC Quick Quote: Dan Henderson wants a new contract and a title shot to go with it

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/01/ufc-quic ... o-with-it/

“I like Vitor (Belfort). He’s a good guy and he’s been around for a long time, but I just don’t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him. I think it’s something that might have slipped their minds, that [it] happened. I’m not exactly sure. You’ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that’s what it seemed like. I feel like I have stepped up for them a number of times and have done things for them. I never turned Marquardt down. I basically made a statement saying that Marquardt and Anderson Silva are my next two fights regardless and I’ve got to beat them both to either become or stay the champ. I’m O.K. with fighting (Marquardt); we just have to come up with a deal. Basically anywhere’s a possibility, but I’d like to make things work with the UFC. I don’t know what they’re thinking. They haven’t gotten back to me at all since I flew out last week. I’m not trying to pin them over a barrel or anything. I feel like I was just undervalued before, especially toward the end of my contract.”

– Former number one middleweight contender, Dan Henderson, tells Sherdog.com that he hopes to re-sign a new contract with the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) soon and rematch reigning division champion, Anderson Silva. Company president Dana White indicated that “Hollywood’s” sensational knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100 was enough to earn him another crack at “The Spider;” however, the Brazilian’s manager, Ed Soares, made the case that Henderson should take on Nate Marquardt first to determine a clear-cut contender. That idea didn’t sit too well with Henderson, who now gets pushed aside in favor of Vitor Belfort — who lost to Hendo at PRIDE 32 back in October 2006. Does he need to beat Marquardt to face the winner of Silva vs. Belfort? Or did “Dangerous” Dan already do enough to be next in line? Opinions please.

Post subject: Re: Henderson wants a new contract and a title shot with it
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:55 pm 
Special

He should get title shot in his next fight.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:53 pm 
Special

Well, if the man can't settle a deal with Dana, he has to wait, so marquardt and Vitor might as well have a go.

Damn, I love the middleweight division! Anderson, Marquardt, Henderson, and now Belfort? Whatever happens, it will be awsome.

..::UFC 107 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:57 pm 
Special

I guess they figure Vitor knocking Franklin out in the first round is more convincing that Henderson taking Franklin to a disputed (by some) decision. Doesn't matter if Henderson beat Vitor years ago; fact is, Vitor finished the former champion in a matter of minutes, whereas Hendo went the distance. That probably carries more weight than Hendo knocking out a Middleweight who probably isn't even ranked in the top 10.

I'd like to see Henderson vs. Marquardt as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:49 am 
Site Admin

Yeah unless Hendo goes to Strikeforce that is... Maybe this is why he is negotiating with them. UFC can´t find a proper matchup for him...

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:24 am 
Special

Henderson just wants more money, so he's giving the impression that he's looking elsewhere.

I don't think any of us buy it. There's nowhere else for him to go.

..::UFC 107 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:47 am 
Site Admin

And you cant say he finished his last fight bad either. Just listen to the audience when he wins against Bispin and one will see how popular he is in the UFC.

Dana Inc. should also know this so....

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]