Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 12:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Fedor vs Werdum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 am 
Special

It's been about 6 hours since I got home from the event and I'm still stunned.

Prelims were kinda lame, but what do you expect from people we've never heard of? There was one good fight, but the other two were generally hug-fests.

Cung Le - I swore he was just about done with MMA and I had declared he should retire when Shamrock was giving his speech. I guess I get to eat those words. Mind you, Le is no top-tier fighter, but I was quite impressed. Hold crap, those kicks.

Cyborg - By the time the fight was done, most of us in the stands were on the verge of disgust. They should have stopped the fight in the first round. Right before the shot that took Finney down, I was about to lean over to a friend and say, "I don't think she can be knocked out!" Bad reffing, IMO. I'll have to watch it on Sho...maybe my opinion will change.

Fedor - Holy shit.

I got the entire Fedor fight on video. I'll post it somewhere if anyone is curious how crazy that stands were. The Russian hottie in front of us wearing a Belarussian flag was hilarious. Before the fight, she was waving the flag around like a loon. After the fight, she was waving the flag while giving two middle fingers. Priceless. =)

"A man who never falls, never stands." Poetic, stoic and beautiful.

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Fedor vs Werdum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:07 pm 
Special

Four fantastic fights. I can't recall when I watched so intensive main event with 100% success.

First fight was fun to watch as I didn't have any expectations and I don't remember seeing fighters before. I know the names and have probably seen them but nothing in my memory. Nice one!

Cyborg and Finney started great and it was better then Carano fight. Finney impressed me with her determination but ref killed it as in some moments Finney stopped defending herself. Maybe ref saw some videos and knows how much punishment she can take but this wasn't logical after she received ground and pound for longer periods. But then you can't open yourself up and get KO'd.

Cung Le had Hollywood fight and that was real entertainment. It had everything that he probably does in movies.

I had a rock in my throat when BJM started Fedor - Werdum. I was cheering for Werdum and after he fell on his as I was scared for him :D And Fedor looking to escape the armbar.... My heart was beating since Fedor entered the ring and I can't imagine how Werdum felt. After the triangle I was thinking break his arm as he won't tap and when it happened I didn't know what to do. I wanted to scream and jump but everyone at home was in bed. I felt lost from happiness.

And it was ugly to see organizers pulling Werdum out from the hall. Seems it's forbidden to celebrate victory against Fedor :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:01 pm 

Woooow.. just loved it..

Fedor vs Werdum was all about the traditional idea of BJJ since Helio Gracie, were any monster can be submited..

Everything pointed to an easy victory by Fedor. When I see Werdum fall to the ground.. I was thinking.. ok.. here it goes again, who's next??.. hahaha then suddenly.. suffering Werdum, now looking like meat about to be fed to a lion brings out the BJJ spirit to the game.. He starts armbar attempt and ends with triangle.. wooooww... The last emperor has fallen!!

Just loved it!!

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.. ALWAYS!!!

-------------------------------

ARTE SUAVE.. SIEMPRE!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 pm 

I think after 10 years without any loss fedor was getting a bit lasy. I wonder how much he was training for this fight...like he said : he was focusing too much one the punching,and then he fall into werdums triangle...
In my eyes he is still the best mmafighter ever...
I hope werdum makes one more upsett against ubereem,and fedor get his rematch and do what he normaly does.. "win"
Werdum did a good job,but we all know that fedor wins 49 out of 50 fights against him... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm 
Special

World: Successfully Shocked.

DFW/BLAF posted on twitter after he got the news: :D

Why did Fedor even take it to the ground when he was clearly the superior striker? That's what I don't get.

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:54 am 
Special

jrhendrix wrote:
Why did Fedor even take it to the ground when he was clearly the superior striker? That's what I don't get.

Because he wanted to finish Werdum off with ground and pound but got trapped in those long legs :D

Great 4 matches. Best of all was Cyborg. Man what a beating Jan took and still managed to throw some punches herself. However like always the machine did not stop but moved on. Point deduction was weird, she did warn but come one. Call in a time out then continue and when she does so again you can think about point deduction. Did not matter though. She did have to stop the fight eventually because Jan;s head was just getting messed up more, big cut around her eye and she just could not defend that well anymore.

Le performed better than I expected. I picked Scott myself yet he seems to be a bit of a brainless fighter. Get hit 3 times to throw one is his style the commentator said. He was right but those 3 hits landed so then you need to start thinking about moving and blocking :P

Josh and Pat match was pretty even. Pat had more take downs and looked like he was getting better during round 2 and 3 but Josh had a lot of submission attempts. Eventually one worked and I am glad it did not go to the judges.

Then the last emperor. When I saw him before the fight he already looked nervous to me. Werdum was having fun back stage but Fedor just looked like he was not there. Then the fight started and he went of with a bang and another one. I was like wow...but then the BJJ of Fabricio came in handy. Fedor wanted to kill it and Werdum saw an opening from his back. Got the armbar AND a choke and man that technique was done graciefully :D I was thinking keep it tight dude, he will pass out before he will tap. But even Fedor surrenders although in a way the ref might even miss hehe. Great finish yet a bit short of course to fully enjoy the moment.

I was surprised by the comment of Werdum about Overeem. No I want a rematch against Fedor. Be serious man, you just beat a legend and you can get a title shot against someone you beaten before. My hope is Overeem vs Fedor because Fedor only has one more match on his contract, don't spend it on a rematch or else SF will be stupid imho

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:27 am 

I couldnt believe how quick Fedor got beat. WOW!

..::UFC 115 - Liddell vs. Franklin Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 am 
Special

yeah unreal...crazy

another good event by strike force except fedors stock just crashed.

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm 

jnrpepaseed wrote:
yeah unreal...crazy

another good event by strike force except fedors stock just crashed.

well, you know what they say. The higher you fly, the harder you fall...

But still, what class shown by Fedor. The guy didn't give any excuses, took his loss like a man.

And hats off to Werdum man. That is respect, he showed to the world why MMA is so great.

Fedor is and will always be the MMA Greatest of All Time.

I am happy to live and watch these things as they happened, since I never saw boxing greats like Louis, Ali, Tyson...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 am 

After his lose do you think he has as much pull in a contract negotiations? EX: M1-Global co promoting.

..::UFC 115 - Liddell vs. Franklin Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next