Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 2:47 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 114 Aftertalk
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:53 am 

The person I am most happy for is Mike Russow.

As soon as the fight started I said it was a mismatch. Russow was put in there to have Duffee put the hurt on him, finish him, and build his own career.

Not everything goes right for the UFC when they are trying to hype people up :shock:

I thought Bisping looked ok, it was a fairly easy decision win.

Hathaway looked good. Only a few years back, Diego looked like a big welterweight, he now looks small in comparison to some, although that may be down to his trip to lightweight.

..::TUF 9 Finale competition Winner::..
..::UFN 19 competition Winner::..
..::UFC 103 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..

Looking for a top rate seedbox at discount prices? http://dentoo.info/shop

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this?" - Raphael to Casey Jones in TMNT, 1990.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:34 pm 
Site Admin

subvertbeats wrote:

Dissapointed with Rampage. After he shook Rashad in the 3rd he had the chance to swarm him and put him away, and he just rested. Had nothing left to give. Bit of a let down really.

Very much what I feel too. Rashad was numb and completely out for a sec. It feels like if Rampage wouldnt have stopped he would have been able to finish him easily...

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:27 pm 
Special

Quote:
LAS VEGAS – Judging by the reaction of the MGM Grand Garden Arena in crowd in Las Vegas when the scores from the Antonio Rogerio Nogueira-Jason Brilz bout were announced at Saturday night's UFC 114 event, there were all of three people in the building who believed "Little Nog" had done enough to walk away with the victory.

Nogueira (19-3 MMA, 2-0 UFC) was one of them.

Unfortunately for Brilz (18-3-1 MMA, 3-2 UFC), the other two were Nevada State Athletic Commission judges, and Nogueira was awarded a split-decision victory. Following the evening's post-event press conference, UFC president Dana White admitted he didn't like the call, but he also said it's just the latest example of an increasingly important mantra: Never leave it the hands of the judges.

"I thought the decision was [expletive]," White said. "Listen, we're always in this position. I'm no [expletive] judge, but I thought Brilz won the fight.

"You can't leave it in the hands of these judges. You always hear me saying it, and guys keep doing it."

Brilz, a lightly regarded late replacement for Nogueira's original opponent, Forrest Griffin, appeared to most observers to have done enough to earn a closely contested opening period. The second frame was unquestionably his, while the third was clearly Nogueira's. But it was the closing seconds of the second frame, when a fatiguing Brilz failed to finish a wobbling Nogueira, that White ultimately believes cost the wrestler the fight – not the judges' observations of the opening round.

"I think Brilz could have knocked 'Little Nog' out at the end of the second round," White said. "He should have [expletive] went for it when 'Little Nog' was hurt."

While Brilz's failure to finish cost him a win, the Nebraskan will likely find some solace in the $65,000 bonus check that came along with the evening's "Fight of the Night" award. White said he also believes Brilz's performance should allow matchmaker Joe Silva – who was heavily criticized for arranging the matchup – a bit of peace as well.

"Jason Brilz and Joe Silva both caught a lot of [expletive] for making that fight," White said. "[Brilz] shut a lot of people up tonight.

"Joe Silva is the best matchmaker in the business and maybe the best matchmaker in any combat sport. Jason Brilz came out tonight, and he proved a lot of people wrong. Everybody knows how badass 'Little Nog' is. [Brilz] put on a great fight tonight."

source: www.mmajunkie.com

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:56 pm 

I think Rashad is the better all around fighter but he seems to not be able to take a punch very well he gets shook up real fast the few times Rampage hit him he almost took him out. But his wrestling saved him.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2