Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Does the seeding have to be continou 48 hours?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 am 
Special

res0r9lm wrote:
I might be mis-understanding the rules but from what I read was you have to seed minimum of 48 hrs no matter what ratio you have on the torrent. I seldomly use this tracker for this reason. If it was 48hrs or ratio based like other trackers I would definitely use tracker alot more not that I wouldn't seed for 48 hrs mostly I seed thing for weeks but I just don't like to be bound to the 48 hour rule

We try to seed for years not 48 hours i think you have misunderstood

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Personally I never understood the problem.

You want to download but you dont want to follow the rules so that other can download with good speeds too. Very nice! If you have a good ratio on a specific torrent set the upload speed slower, but dont just remove it. Incredible that 2 days are so hard to seed a file and that that prevents you from using the tracker... Thats your problem, not ours.

If you cant follow the rules wining about them is not gonna help you.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:44 pm 

Dent wrote:
Personally I never understood the problem.

You want to download but you dont want to follow the rules so that other can download with good speeds too. Very nice! If you have a good ratio on a specific torrent set the upload speed slower, but dont just remove it. Incredible that 2 days are so hard to seed a file and that that prevents you from using the tracker... Thats your problem, not ours.

If you cant follow the rules wining about them is not gonna help you.

I do understand his perspective though - on other trackers I've seen a similar situation where my seedbox was feeding most of the torrent so that I would have a 3 to 1 or more ratio by the time it has completed, and it feels a little unfair that I have to keep that seed going.

However, unfairness is sort of the name of the game - those of us who can provide the bandwidth do so, because it is in our interest too that a tracker stay lively and fast, if not simply to attract more high bandwidth users! I'm sure the guys who got this tracker off the ground are not benefiting as much as they gave to get us here...

Could I also suggest that when the situation calls for it, such as a big torrent starting up (latest UFC for example) and dropping off a smaller one until the bigger one calms down again is unlikely to get you a ban, as long as you aren't JUST jumping on the big ones for ratio but do attempt to make a greater contribution on all torrents even if there is a stop in the middle to free up the seedbox etc for the fast moving torrents.

That's the way most trackers I've been at operate. The rule is a solid rule, but the people applying it have leeway to forgive the odd infraction for the greater good.

My particular problem is that I am limited to a certain number (or will be once I get my new box) of torrents at any one time - if I leave older ones on I can't start newer ones, and before long I would have only old torrents seeding away (this isn't the only tracker I'm a member of), while all the new ones that could use fast seeds are left out. If I can stop an older one that already has a high seed to leech ratio and jump on one that has very few seeds, I'm doing better for everyone than staying on an old torrent that only has one or two stragglers leeching it, as long as I come back to the others to help when I can.

Am I far off base thinking admin would approve of that sort of thing as long as there is an effort made to not abandon the smaller torrents completely?

Also, its not exactly hard, or expensive to maintain a seedbox that can get you all the ratio you need if you take your time to do it right, and I may be off base here, but it seems to me Dentoo is an excellent choice particularly if this tracker is your main concern, as it is mine :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

jusy seed as much as you can and dont worry

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:18 pm 

I fully understand the 48 hour rule, it's common courtesy. However my current situation is not one that necessarily allows me to seed for 48 hours. When the recession kicked in my wife and I had to move back with family, it's not my connection and unfortunately I can't stay connected constantly. (I'm not making excuses, I have a valid point to make! ;) )

With this in mind I want to make another contribution, so I make donations and pay for ViP. So to those who perhaps have problems and don't think the rules should apply to you, at least make an effort by donating to the cause. I'll keep donating to try my best to keep this place alive, I feel bad about not being able to seed for the minimum 48 hours, but I feel as long as I'm making a contribution to the community as a whole it's better than nothing.

Once we're back in our own place, I'll continue to donate, but with the added goodness of full time seeding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

The important thing is that you do your best and show good intentions. Off course we will not ban a person that has a ratio of 5.0 on a torrent (just an example) if he stops seeding after 32 hours, its common sense. But we do what we can to make sure people avoid downloading a file, hence leeching it from others until he gets it, and then removing the seed and stop seeding before he has even uploaded anything at all or very little on the torrent.
If a user always seeds for long time on almost all torrents but one time removes a file earlier then the usual because of some unkown reason we wont ban him or even warn him either.

Its all about preventing that people leech and leech and leech and never give anything back. We are a community and its important that every member does his/her part to make sure we continue to exist, and one part of that is making sure that you give back to the other members the same as they give to you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 pm 
Special

To add a little thing as well, we also like to prevent torrents from going dead. At least that is my opinion but I am sure I am not the only one. Sure some shows are maybe not that interesting to see because the event it was previewing has been aired already etc. But certain torrents are timeless and new members should be able to get them too. Events, packs, learning dvd's, things like that are the things we wish to give and keep on giving.

So in stead of watching for 48 hours or ratio based it is always nice that members think, hey I will keep this torrent alive, seed it for a long time so people can keep on getting it. And then you will be getting the ratio as well. That way the community and the tracker will also keep on giving and make people smile.

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 pm 

Dragonfoxy wrote:
To add a little thing as well, we also like to prevent torrents from going dead.

That's how I look at it. Ratio is not just about giving as good as you get, it is a quick way to see if someone is trying to pull their weight, but it is not the only thing. Someone who seeds older stuff when needed, long after the 48 hours, is actually helping more than someone who only seeds the latest torrent for the minimum 48.

The idea is the latest torrents help you build ratio for the older torrents YOU want to get, but are unlikely to get a lot of ratio from. Then you seed it as long as you can so the next person can have a go at the older one too. You may not even get 1:1 on that torrent, but the other people who were seeding it when YOU got it, can now feel they've passed on the favour for you to pay forward... :)

Well that's how I try to do it anyway, and its seemed to work out for me in the past.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm 
Special

Word up kids.

Just a quick note - am off on holiday for a couple of weeks from tomorrow lunchtime.
Have only just started Bellator 25 downloading (been waiting all day for XviD but can't hold back any longer!) so I definitely won't be able to seed for 48 hours. Just thought I'd leave a note here to say I haven't run off so don't ban me - will be back in a couple of weeks and will keep everything seeding for AT LEAST another 48 hours after I return! :)

Cheers all. lenoz x

..::WEC 46 - Varner vs. Henderson Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 51 - Aldo vs. Gamburyan Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Heavy Artillery Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am 
Special

No worries and have a nice vacation m8.

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2