Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Deluge has a much faster & more consistant upload rate?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:50 pm 
Special

You're welcome mate, please keep us informed how it works out :)

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:33 pm 

ObSkewer wrote:
I find that uTorrent can slow my router to a crawl and eventually kill web traffic (DNS lookups in particular). I've dropped the max number of connections a lot and only have 2 upload slots per torrent, but it will still eventually grind down to nothing - takes a few hours of constant downloading/uploading. If I kill uTorrent and maybe wait a minute or two then it will all come back, but occasionaly I have to reboot my router. I'm using uT 2.0.

I've also seen that happen with cheap routers that don't handle uPNP well.

You could try disabling universal plug and play in uTorrent as well.....sometimes it just spools a ton of uPNP requests and the router eventually gets overwhelmed and craps out.

Also make sure the max number of connections is set to 200 or lower....preferable like 40-100 depending on how many concurrent uploads/downloads you have.

..::Strikeforce Challengers 13 Competition Winner::..
..::Silver Medal Winner in TUFF Poll::..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:20 am 

does deluge work fine on windows 7??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:06 am 

I have been using vuze since azureus was the first client I ever used I know this is off topic but should do you guys think it would be more beneficial to use utorrent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:32 am 
Special

rturo wrote:
I have been using vuze since azureus was the first client I ever used I know this is off topic but should do you guys think it would be more beneficial to use utorrent

Its a good, well featured client, but has a very large memory footprint (its written in Java), and certainly isnt the fastest performer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 pm 
Special

Reading that http://www.tmsnetwork.org/blog/µtorrent-utorrent-bttranspdisposition-values-explained article, surely us uTorrent folks would be better off if we all changed to value 31 and so use the new and improved utp header? The article goes on to say that if the majority of clients connected are on the utp settings (15 or 31) then the problem goes away (to a large degree) anyway, so why not use the new stuff rather than drop back to the old stuff? At least get the reduced memory and CPU usage for the client. The reason why the other article says to not use utp is for the same reason - needs the majority of clients to be using it or otherwise the traffic-shaping goes unfavourable. Both articles are clear on the benefits of utp being genuine if the uptake of it is high enough on the tracker.

..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:54 pm 
Special

Right, but how many other clients available now implement uTP, other than uTorrent?
And how many uTorrent users are using that setting (across all trackers, not just this one) ?

I totally appreciate what you're saying Ob, but until uTP has support in other clients, the groundswell probably wont be large enough to make it worthwhile :|

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:23 am 

subvertbeats wrote:
Right, but how many other clients available now implement uTP, other than uTorrent?
And how many uTorrent users are using that setting (across all trackers, not just this one) ?

I totally appreciate what you're saying Ob, but until uTP has support in other clients, the groundswell probably wont be large enough to make it worthwhile :|

The nice thing about bt.transp_disposition 31 is that it enables all transfer protocols, TCP, uTP, and the new uTP header. Also, the official BitTorrent client version 6.x supports uTP.

In my experience thoroughly testing this option however, the best solution right now is to force your utorrent client to accept only TCP for both outgoing and incoming connections. Even if you set bt.transp_disposition to 13 (forcing outgoing connections to TCP but allowing incoming uTP connections), seeds will still end up connecting to peers with uTP. This hinders the seeder's upload speed and therefore the peer's download speed as well.

One of the primary functions of uTP is to throttle down upload bandwidth on you local machine to keep you from hitting your bandwidth cap(if you have one), and/or to help keep your ISP from having to dedicate too much of their bandwidth to BitTorrent traffic. This could be good news is if you have ever suspected your ISP of throttling your bandwidth speeds down like I have. Something like uTP might give them less of a reason to throttle your internet speed, or overall BitTorrent traffic speed down.

The problem is that uTP very negatively affects upload speeds. That seems like the last thing someone would want using a ratio tracker like this, unless you have a very high and stable ratio. Sub had it right the first time - All utorrent users who want the best upload speeds should uncheck the "Enable bandwidth management" option (for utorrent 2.0 or higher) under the BitTorrent options, or on earlier versions change bt.transp_disposition from 15 to 5 under the advanced options. In 2.0 both options do the exact same thing - if you change one the other will too.

For some reason I still can't get the blazing upload speeds I got while using Deluge, but what we have discovered here is enough of an improvement to utorrent's upload speed for me to keep using it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:14 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you very much for your observations!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:30 am 

Awesome post, I change this setting in utorrent and my upload definately goes a lot more consistantly

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next