Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 9:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 125 Resolution - Aftertalk!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 am 
Site Admin

Hats off to UFC for putting together a really great new years event.

Feel free to discuss the results here.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 125 Resolution - Aftertalk!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:47 am 
Special

What a great event. There were some awesome fights....where to start.

Baroni vs Tavares was an interesting fight. Baroni looked good physically but once again appeared to have the gas tank of someone with emphysema. Some nice technical stand-up from Tavares, who looked like he has bulked up a bit.

I was laughing so hard at all the movement from Clay Guida, that guy is a cardio machine. Gomi didn't know how to hit him, which turned out to be a great game-plan for Guida. Very nice technically setup submission.

What a come from behind KO from Jeremy Stephens. Davis was picking him apart on the feet, then it seemed Davis was fading slightly and then a perfectly timed punch. A brutal follow-up as well!

Stann looked really good. I had a feeling he might win that fight. Leben was due for a loss :) Stann definately has some big power to hurt Leben like that. I don't wanna see him fight Wanderlei though. Someone else not sure who but not Wand.

Thiago my man Silva. The beast is back!!! Silva is one of my favourite fighters. Vera looked like he was doing really well on the feet, but man did he have absolutely nothing for Silva on the ground. It was funny when he was drumming his back LOL. He looked in good condition as well. Really looking forward to seeing who they put him up against next.

I think Maynard had that fight. But man I gotta give Frankie some credit that guy can take some damage, and then to come back the way he did in the 2nd round, Holy Shit! That slam was insane. When I saw how hurt Frankie was in the 1st I thought Maynard was going to finish him for sure. Gased out a little which prob cost him the fight. Might of been a better tactic to take him down when he was hurt and get mount. But a great fight. Poor Pettis doesn't get his shot now with Dana announcing an automatic rematch.

On another note Ariel Hewani is the man for chasing down Dana at a restaurant :)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIl8xQSq0Xs][/youtube]

I think he doesn't like Mazzagatti =))

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am 

Im glad there will be a Edgar Vs Maynard rematch! Maynard deserves to to get a W og L in a titlematch.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:09 am 
Special

i dont feel one way or the other on a rematch...
i reckon edgar and maynard both want it...
but i think edgar vs pettis is a much more profitable fight for ufc...
especially with all the hype around him right now... so that probably what they want...

i just find it strange that they said "no rematch, pettis is next up" at the press conference... =\
granted it wasnt dana but borsari said that was the message dana gave him so i wonder what changed...?
maybe there was a backlash from the fans (like when he was thinking lesnar vs mir 3) declaring a rematch was in order... *shrugs*

thoughts anyone...?

other than that i thought it was a good card...
some surprising results and unfortunately a bad start to my competition picks...
only managed 5 from 11... more wrong than right... :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 pm 
Special

i probably should have watched that video before making that post... :roll:
looks like maynard it is...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:13 pm 
Special

Holy shiznit.

That was one of the best events Ive seen in a while. Great set of fights.

As for the draw - I think it was the right result.

I had it as:

Rd 1: Maynard 10-8
Rd 2: Edgar 10-9
Rd 3: Maynard 10:9
Rd 4: Edgar 10-9
Rd 5: Edgar 10-9

Total 47-47

Possibly Maynard had a case for taking the 5th, but it was close.

Whatever, Frankie Edgar has gone way up in my estimation. Hats off to him.
What a warrior. Up til now I havent given him the credit he deserves, putting the BJ wins down to off-form BJ (which I still think is partially true).
Ive never seen anyone take such a beating like that and survive, let alone come back the way he did.

Fair play to the kid...

Rest of the card was brilliant too.

All in all. I think the evnt should have been called UFC 125: BAD BLOOD.

There was some dark personal ish going down between several of the fighters, particularly diaz / stun gun (very glad diaz got beat in that fight - really bad loser) and vera / silva (compar veras attitude in losing (and getting a horrific nose rework lol) with that of diaz)

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

When Edgar was knocked down and came back I was thinking "thats what champions are made of". Very impressive. Maynard might have had an edge yeah, but this way we get a rematch so Im gonna shut up lol :) I agree that it was a really good event, from prelimns to main event. (*)

And thank you jonny for the clip it was great :) Go Dana! :ymparty:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm 

What a warrior. Up til now I havent given him the credit he deserves, putting the BJ wins down to off-form BJ (which I still think is partially true).
Ive never seen anyone take such a beating like that and survive, let alone come back the way he did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:43 pm 
Special

subvertbeats wrote:

Lorrie Shamblin wrote:

bizarre, theres an echo in here :)

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

LOL thats so funny =)) hey subs :ympeace: havnt had time to sort that stuff yet ~x( too much mma ;) hehe

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next