Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 6:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 8   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 112 - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:12 am 
Site Admin

I will have to watch this event again before i can say something really and the prelimns, but so far what really impressed me was Edgar. In my opinion he deserved that belt!

Silva fight was just to werid for me to really understand without watching it again a couple of times. Wtf happend? lol

PROPS to Maia for not folding under the mental shit Silva pulled first 2 rounds.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 112 - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:29 am 

yea it was really weird. I respect that Silva was making a statement about not being challenged and also disrespected or whatever, but I think he made his point after the 3rd round and should've finished it in the 4th. Everyone is focusing on his "stunt" but to his credit he looked pretty amazing lol

Also we all sort of knew that this was going to happen, just not to this extent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:34 am 
Special

Yeah the weirdest event in a long time by far.

Dana going and speaking to Soares during the fight is almost unprecedented. I haven't watched any post fight talks yet but I suspect Dana was mega pissed; he didn't even go into the octagon afterwards to put the belt on Anderson. Not sure if there is any merit to Joe's statement that he was tired and just didn't want to show it. I was sitting there thinking ok now finish the fight....

I just find it funny how Silva is disrespectful most of the fight then bows at his feet after the fight.

Yeah Edgar looked amazing. I picked Penn but had a feeling that Edgar would do well.

Hughes looked a little in trouble early until Renzo started to gas then he turned it on.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:37 am 

bj penn got robbed, anderson silva acted like a complete asshole, ran away like a bitch and still got the win?
going by the logic from the bj penn fight maia should've got the decision. overall ufc managed to pull off a disgraceful night for mma.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:42 am 
Special

tikalion wrote:
bj penn got robbed, anderson silva acted like a complete asshole, ran away like a bitch and still got the win?
going by the logic from the bj penn fight maia should've got the decision. overall ufc managed to pull off a disgraceful night for mma.

I don't think BJ got robbed but he definitely didnt get a 45-50 like one of the judges scored it. I think Edgar done more damage with the kicks, landed some nice punches and got BJ down. Was a tough fight but I gave it to Edgar, even though I picked BJ.

Yeah Anderson was very disrespectful to a fellow countryman in that fight.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:44 am 

I can't believe I stayed up watching that until like 6am.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:59 am 
Special

Dana White said it was a disgrace and he was embarrassed as he should be.

..::Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Werdum Competition Winner::..

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 am 

BJ Penn vs. Frankie Edgar - You have to respect Edgar for hanging in there, but much like Machida-Shogun, I don't think he did enough to take the title away. The 10-point system makes it possible, though, and BJ's face didn't look so hot after the fight....fwiw...but IMHO you've got to take the title from the champ and I didn't see it.

Ironically, it would seem that there may be an exception to the what I just wrote...if the champ is such a pussy that he doesn't fight, than maybe you can't give it to the other guy, but he doesn't deserve that belt. I can't believe anyone would compliment Silva. Landing a dozen strikes (even if they hurt) over the course of five f*cking rounds is pathetic. And where in the rules does it say that Silva's opponent has to initiate every exchange. Anyone would has trained in MMA will tell you that the guy coming in is always at a great risk.

That is why GSP is so amazing...talk about the opposite of Silva...he's constantly shooting in...in his last fight he tried to execute a heel hook with 10 seconds left in a fight he'd dominated, apologizing for not finishing his opponent even though he tried 20 differerent ways...always looking to finish, putting himself at risk to do it.....Silva? Pathetic. I hope that GSP wipes the floor with him.

What will Silva do when he is facing a man that has enough respect that he won't be able to back up and run without the crowd recognizing that it's pathetic....oh wait, that happened tonight.......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:55 am 

Main event was Terrible im so glad i didnt get the PPV

Anderson clearly could have finished the fight even after he acted like a jackass
in the 1st and 2nd rounds, i thought well atleast he will finish the fight!
but NO!! he does the opposite and runs around waves his hands like a monkey
and hides behind Dan Miragliotta like an idiot

i give props to Demian Maia for stayin in it and make the 5th round interesting.

Dana is pissed at Anderson at the post fight presser and offers an apology to the fans
and says he will make it up to the fans

Anderson on the otherhand offers no apology and says he was punishing Maia for disrespecting him
in the pre fight countdown show

Someone should tell this guy he gets paid to fight and not to teach lessons in morality

And i have a feeling Dana Will.......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:56 am 
Special

I think Edgar deserved the win, but how the feck did one judge give it 50-45 ??!!
Id love to see compustrike stats for that fight.
Credit to Edgar but BJ looked like a shell of himself. He just didnt seem there, was weird.

Silva went down loads in my estimation last night.
Dana is right, it was a disgrace, and my theory is that when Dana went to talk to Soares, one of the things he said was that Silva better apologize to the fans after the fight (or that he was so pissed Soares knew that Silva better apologize or be in even more sh*t)
The worst thing was how hypocritical it was. Could he not see that??
He was saying come on fight come on, come on, yet was running around and not throwing a single thing.
Also, if maia had laid on his back and shouted come on, come on, come on, would silva have gone ito maias world?
He made himself look like a proper tool.
And he got caught a few times late in the fight too.
Massive props to Maia.

Bad night for the brits, only Kelly winning.
I expected that Etim would beat Dos Anjos, but again brits typically below par takedown defence was a key factor.

Phil Davis looked great again, Gustaffsen looked like he was coping okay for a few minutes but Davis pressure and wrestling ability was too much in the end.

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 8   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next