Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 6:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 8   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 112 - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:07 am 
Site Admin

subvertbeats wrote:
Also, if maia had laid on his back and shouted come on, come on, come on, would silva have gone into maias world?

Yeah exactly! Good point.

Anderson Silva is scared of loosing the belt and he couldnt finish Maia. Just facts.
He really made an enormous fool out of himself. I have never heard booing like that in any UFC ever.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:04 am 
Special

tikalion wrote:
bj penn got robbed, anderson silva acted like a complete asshole, ran away like a bitch and still got the win?
going by the logic from the bj penn fight maia should've got the decision. overall ufc managed to pull off a disgraceful night for mma.

How can BJ get robbed if he, himself, says he was beaten? I don't think Edgar won all the rounds like some of the crazy judges, but he certainly dictated the fight.

I suppose there is the argument that you should decisively thump the champ to take the belt, but UFC doesn't play that.

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:08 am 
Special

Dent wrote:
subvertbeats wrote:
Also, if maia had laid on his back and shouted come on, come on, come on, would silva have gone into maias world?

Yeah exactly! Good point.

Anderson Silva is scared of loosing the belt and he couldnt finish Maia. Just facts.
He really made an enormous fool out of himself. I have never heard booing like that in any UFC ever.

Judging by his last few fights, Anderson is only happy when people carelessly attack him. If he doesn't get his way, he gets bored, pissed and basically quits.

Notice that no score was announced and nobody put the belt on him? Dana was/is PISSED.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 am 
Special

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2wlP_Vj3W][/youtube]

I thought Ed was blowing smoke up our collective asses in the post-fight octagon interview. I'd like to see the translation. Something about Maia disrespecting him because Maia said he would submit Silva and that was disrespectful to Silva's black belt and how he got it. What a douche.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:14 am 
This was so weird. In the fourth round, Dana handed over the belt to Ed Soares, as he wouldnt give Silva the belt himself. I cant believe that Silva acted so arrogant and disrespectful, but then again, if he was being given some more matching opponents it would never happen. I think they should let Silva go up and compete as a heavyweight as he wish, so he can fight some more matching opponents. But then again, If I was Dana, maybe I would never let him fight again, cause you never knows how he will react.

The Hughes vs Gracie fight was almost just as borring, but the rest of the fights on the main were pretty good, but it is it me, or did the fighters got tired much faster than usual? I wonder if the heat could affect the fighters.

I dont know about the BJ Penn vs Edgar fight. It was very even and I probably have to rewatch it again. BJ Penn didnt really looked so focused and it seemed like he had a knee injury. He didnt looked so well at the weigh ins, as he did again Diego and Kenflo either. Im happy to see a new lightweight champion though, and a respectful one that I really like to watch fight. I would just wish that he had one with a bigger margin. It reminds me a little of the Lyoto vs Shogun fight. Would be nice if the title-fights was 7 rounds and the regular 5 rounds. Would be much easier to decide the winners instead of these really close decisions.

What are you guys opinions on Silva fighting again on the UFC and would you look forward to a card with him in the main event again ?

Sorry for my bad english :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:37 pm 
Special

Yeah I agree with many comments posted. The judge who scored the Penn vs Edgar fight 50-45 should be sacked, that guy must of been doing HIS grocery list.

Yeah I heard that Dana gave Soares the belt in round 4 as well. I would of loved it if Maia finished him and he had to get it back off Soares. :lol:

They need to put Anderson against guys that HE WONT showboat against, like GSP, Belfort, Machida etc. At this point Dana should just say to him you keep saying you want a challenge so here it is, take this fight or you're done in the UFC. Dana says he puts on the fights the fans want to see. Well we want to see Anderson against some guys that WILL challenge him. If he does that crap against Vitor he will be unconscious before he finishes his stationary lunge.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:54 pm 
Special

Paul Davis did well, he is fast on the ground and if he gets more power as I said before he might even become a contender.

Heads up to Munoz. I already thought my pick was a goner but his heart and vicious ground and pound proved to be the winning formula.

Hughes vs Gracie was nice to see. Weird Gracie hardly tried to take down Hughes. In the end Matt just flew in and it looked like Renzo needed mouth to mouth. Even standing up was too much, but loved the help Matt gave him to get up and the fact that Renzo tried his best.

Etim's match was not as I expected it to go. Nice arm bar but he was pretty fast with the tap out. Guess it really hurt but I thought it was close to the end of the round. Can be wrong though.

I agree with Subvert when it comes to BJ. He looked like he was drugged. I was yelling action, action often but he kept jabbing and stepping back in stead of pushing it to the limit. 45-50 from one judge was however a fairytale. I think that judge just went to the toilet and thought let's give it to Edgar. So all in all a close match but BJ should have just been more active to keep his belt imo.

Anderson Silva. What to say. At first I thought wow. His kicks and punches showed so much power and Maia had nothing. The clowning at times was disgraceful but I also had to laugh a few times. Even the referee did when he made a funny walk. But then round 3. It looked like Silva quantum leaped and another person took over his body. If he would not have done all the clowning he would have gotten away with most of the running but now his actions turned totally against him. You can not just provoke your opponent, tell him to fight and then run away yourself later on. His skills are awesome but he needs to show it till the end. I think Dana will indeed whip Silva's butt however going to the corner during a match is also imo not normal.

Did not see the prelims yet but I must say that this event started well but the fights I was looking forward to, made me disappointed.

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:19 pm 

Dragonfoxy wrote:
Heads up to Munoz. I already thought my pick was a goner but his heart and vicious ground and pound proved to be the winning formula.

Exactly the same here.

Up untill the three main events I saw some wonderfull matches. Also all my picks turned out to be right. The Hughes vs Gracie fight wasnt bad, but wasnt that exciting either.

I expected a lot better from Penn, but Edgar was controlling the entire fight. Penn stayed calm and landed very well, but it was Edgar who took the initiative. I expected a draw here tbh (not sure if they can do that in a title fight), but Edgar didnt steal anything at all. With his speed he controlled Penn. I would definately want to see a rematch here.

And I was really psyched after the first two rounds of Silva vs Maia. Before Silva got disrespectfull he was really funny. Standing up without his hands up, randomly going very low to the ground and I really had to laugh when he hit Maia and made a funny move. I expected Silva to put on a great show of his skills and then finish it in round 3, but in round 3 the fight really got bad. He still deserved the title though, but he lost a lot of respect. In the pre-fight movie Anderson said 'this is MMA, not Jiu Jitsu', but Silva just put up a kickboxing contest and later just a circle-running contest and he didnt showed he was a great Mixed Martial Artist, but just a great striker. He should've gone to the ground at least for some ground & pound. But it shows how much he, a BJJ blackbelt himself, fears the groundgame of Maia.

But somehow, after losing some respect to Silva, I still think he can have GSP, if the weightloss doesnt affect him much.

All in all, I saw great matches untill the main events started. Seeing Penn lose the title and Silva lost a lot of my respect I'm dissapointed after UFC112.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:53 pm 

I don't think Penn was robbed at all. I scored that fight 50-48 or 49-48, depending on how you look at it. Rounds 3 and 4 were too close to call anyone a definitive winner. I don't think Round 1 was definitive enough to declare anyone a winner, but I think BJ may have slightly earned a nod there. Rounds 2 and 5 were Frankie Edgar's. The first guy to take BJ down at 155 in 6 years, and he did it twice and he was the 2nd man in history to cut him.

You guys feel that you have to beat the champ to become the champ. I feel that you have to beat your opponent to remain the champ. BJ got beat in the standup. Frankie had better movement, came in at better angles, better combinations and earned the decision. Title fight or not, Frankie Edgar won more rounds than BJ did.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:03 pm 

jrhendrix wrote:

Judging by his last few fights, Anderson is only happy when people carelessly attack him. If he doesn't get his way, he gets bored, pissed and basically quits.

This.

Yep, don't even start me up again aboutt he Griffin "fight."

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 8   [ 74 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next