Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I had a low ratio, but not because I wasn't seeding.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:03 pm 

Hello,

I tried contacting the mod team about 2-3 weeks prior to my access being revoked. I tried setting up my utorrent client as best as possible (it works with other torrent community sites I use) but I rarely could get it to work with mma-torrents. it worked at first, amazingly well. and then, all of a sudden, 99% of the torrents I downloaded would start to seed, and then drop-off completely, never to seed. I downloaded a couple of files around the same time, which apparently were large enough to drop my ratio right then and there.

again, as I stated, I emailed the mod team as soon as I got the notification that my account would be disabled, and I never once got a reply from them (and I can't remember which I messaged specifically. I do not feel that this is fair, and that forcing me to pay (again) is a little ridiculous, when I tried my best to contact the mod team to try and figure out if it was because my client was not configured properly (despite it working with other trackers just fine). my username for the tracker is the same as the forum. all I wish to do is re-seed the torrents I still have in my queue to build my ratio back up. my ratio at another site is 3.75, because I don't have the best internet, and I don't have a seedbox.

I would have made this thread sooner, but, I had surgery Thursday, have had trouble with a used car I just bought, and was in an accident last month, so, needless to say, I have not been on my computer much.

if anything can be done that isn't short of simple greed, that'd be much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: I had a low ratio, but not because I wasn't seeding.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:40 pm 

Hi there!!

PM me

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:22 am 

bump. any help at all regarding this issue?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

Hundreds of users have had similar problems before you. Keeping the ratio up is your responsibility. Even if it feels unfair for you it is hardly possible for us to take responsibility for problems regarding your connections or uploads speed and connectivity. We do of course not block or limit any of our members connections for any reason. If your torrents where not uploading it would most certainly have to do with something on your side, a faulty router, ISP filtering the connection or any other reason that I can not know from here.

I am sorry that you didn't get a reply from the moderator you contacted, maybe he/she was away at the moment. Admins and moderators usually always reply to support requests but not always immediately.

The questions is, what would you want us to do to solve your problem? It is not possible for us to make any changes from our side that would make your torrents seed more. I suggest in your case that you get a seedbox or dedicated server and use it as seedbox, or try using a VPN to see if that may bypass any ISP filtering or similar.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:19 pm 

no, i'm not trying to cast blame. it was just irritating how I couldn't find any support on the subject. I mean, right now, I am seeding a couple of torrents I had to find elsewhere at normal speeds. torrents always seed fine from TPB or IPT. for some reason or another, torrents would never seed from this site. I think in my time here only like 3-4, maybe 5 tops, seeded 'normally'. I couldn't find anything on a certain procedure that had to be set up in order to seed properly.

right now I don't even want to donate to get my account back, because the same thing will happen. I just want to be able to seed, and no one I PMed felt like helping me out with my requests.

is there a certain way I have to set the client up? I didn't see anything in the tutorials section; however, I noticed someone describing something that might fix my problem, to simply look for "tutorial X" in the tutorials section, but, there wasn't any such link in the thread, nor the tutorials board. now i'm stuck. I just want to get un-stuck. i'm not on a witch hunt for compensation or anything, though I do feel wronged when I try to contact 5-6 staff members, and not a single one responds in over 3 weeks time, resulting in my account being locked >_>

also, I was only 0.1 under the ratio, iirc, which makes it even more irritating.

if you can just help me figure out why my client seeds to every other tracker except this one, that'd be awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

To start with I have re-enabled your account so that you can login and make tests.
There is no differece from us to IPT etc we have no other system or firewall etc. It should work just fine and seems to do so for other members. I recommend that you start building a ratio by getting freeleech torrents recently upped and check if you get any upload.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:00 pm 

Sadly the reason is not that many people download from you,ever thought about that?
Lets say you upload it to 1 person.That guy seeds meaning he takes away your upload capability.
On top of that not too many people here to download.Meaning you get to upload less.
This is the main reason.

..::Strikeforce - Barnett vs. Cormier Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:23 pm 
Site Admin

varunjosh wrote:
Sadly the reason is not that many people download from you,ever thought about that?
Lets say you upload it to 1 person.That guy seeds meaning he takes away your upload capability.
On top of that not too many people here to download.Meaning you get to upload less.
This is the main reason.

Thats not really correct. Other seeders does not take away your seeding capacity, it is just shared with more users. The smart thing to do is to get things that you think people will come back and search for and seed it for a long time. And get freeleech torrents.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:24 am 

well, thank you. i'll try another freeleech, but the last one I tried didn't yield positive results. hopefully I can get some seeds up.

edit: so I just set up static IP, opened a port, reconfigured uTorrent, and torrents still aren't seeding. meanwhile, I have another torrent in my queue just blasting away at 200kbps.

I don't know why, but for some reason, it is literally only this tracker that I have problems with. O_O

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:39 am 
Special

If the stuff you are seeding here doesnt have any leechers or is old then you are not going to upload anything because there isnt anyone to upload to.....also if there are only a couple leechers and alot of seeders then you are going to see much upload traffic either because of the ratio of seeders to leechers! also those couple leechers might have only grabbed a couple files from the whole torrent its self they are called partial seeders and arent downloading anything anyways so u wont upload anything to them either. the best way to get upload traffic is to either jump on a new torrent that has just been uploaded that you know is going to be popular and seed it at your full speed for several days or weeks, jump on freeleech torrents as soon as there uploaded, or get a seedbox and jump on stuff as soon as its upped. most peoples problem with ratio comes from the fact they download stuff that is old and already well seeded, with the amount of users that use seedboxes now a days if you jump on old shit( older then say a couple days) your never gunna get any upload traffic from that torrent because theres to many seeders with high upload speeds seeding already. you need to jump on stuff right when its uploaded not days or weeks later to get upload traffic that will amount to anything! this tracker isnt as huge as the one u mentioned which means less leechers thats because this is a mma tracker not a all purpose tracker, so its even harder to seed, but if you follow what i just suggested im sure you will be just fine....

..::UFC Fight Night 60: Henderson vs. Thatch Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight Night 59: McGregor vs. Siver Competition Winner::..
....::::Competition League 2014 Winner::::....
..::UFC Fight Night 58: Machida vs. Dollaway Competition Winner::..
..::UFC on Fox 11: Werdum vs. Browne Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 169: Barao vs. Faber 2 Competition Winner::..
....::::Competition League 2013 Winner::::....
..::Bellator 97: Chandler vs. Rickels Competition Winner::..
..::Bellator 86: Askren vs. Amoussou Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 163: Aldo vs. Jung Competition Winner::..
..::UFC on FX 8: Belfort vs. Rockhold Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 139 Shogun vs. Henderson Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 135 - Jones vs Rampage Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 13 Competition Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next