Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 11:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: reseeds not in peer list?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:44 am 

Hi,

Seffo:
I got another request for a reseed.
I uploaded 'mastering the rubber guard' some time ago and always have it seeding.
this I see in my mu-torrent but not on the mma torrent site!
When I follow procedure for reseeding and I open torrent is says torrent already exists and if I want to load trackers from it?
I also tried re-downloading it but I get same message. Already exists!

Dragonfly:
[i][i]When you try to reseed a file you need to be certain that the old .torrent file is not active in your client, else this will cause some small problems. Best way is to delete this before you start to "download" the file again.

This can often be done easily with right click > Remove or right click > Remove And > Delete .torrent
Or just use delete it with delete in either client or the folder where you save your .torrent files
[/i][/i]

.... continued ...

It worked...
It re-checked and is in my list seeding. (not active)

But... when I open the 'mastering the rubber guard' download I am not in the peer list!
must I be patient or... try again?

Post subject: Re: reseeds not in peer list?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Seffo,

Please give me a link to the torrent in question on the tracker

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:43 pm 

http://mma-torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=7694

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

It does not recognize you as having completed this torrent or being a seeder at all.

The reason is unclear but doesnt have to do with the tracker as the other people are showing as seeding / completed without problems.

My best bet is that you are using a torrent client that doesnt work 100% as it should, aka has a bug.

I have never heard of anymone using MU-torrent regularely before and i would recommend you use µtorrent instead as its much more stable.

At least try it and see if you can add reseed with µtorrent to be sure if your client is the problem or not.

In all cases try again now because i removed a dupe upload of same file that might have messed it up. Now only the one you upped is left.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:55 pm 

Hi Dent,

I am using µtorrent 2.0.2 (I wrote mu because I have no µ on my keyboard, now I just copy pasted it)

Should I try to delete µtorrent and install again? Is that my best bet you think?
I never deleted anything and am always seeding. But on my profile it just shows I am seeding 3! when actually I am seeding 23!

Thank you for the help.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

ah ok cool :D

MU-torrent = music-torrent, another filesharing application hehe.

I think this must be a unique problem and as long as it doesnt happen again I would simply ignore it for now and continue with the next torrent ;)

If you experience the same problem again please tell me and we will look more seriously into it.

As I mentioned before there where two torrents with same name upped and this could have caused some kind of confusion. Normally we are careful to remove any dupes.

good luck bro :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]