Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: [Solved] Unable to download from RSS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:16 am 

Hi ya'l,

At the moment I' using qBittorrent version 4.5.5. The RSS feed is configured like this: https://mma-torrents.com/rssdl.php:COOKIE:uid=<foo>;pass=<bar>. Ofcourse, the real username and password are not shown in this post.

When I try to download a file from RSS I get:

Quote:
Unexpected end of file in bencoded string.

When I download torrents manually I they remain stalled with status: not working.

Please help me to build the correct RSS URL and get me started downloading again.

Thanks a lot.

/Testuser0001

Post subject: Re: Unable to download from RSS
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:30 am 

The RSS feed you've shown is structured correctly. Are you using your username/password or the values copied from the cookie?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Please read this viewtopic.php?f=83&t=12387

;)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:03 am 

Thanks guys, I checked. I am using the correct URL. The error persists. Unexpected end of bencoded file.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:09 am 
Site Admin

I would try to Google your error if I were you: https://www.google.com/search?&q=Unexpe ... coded+file

Maybe try utorrent or some other client and see if they give the same error. That way you know if it is the client or the site that gives the error.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:22 pm 

So, did you use your username/password or the UID and passkey from the cookie?
If you're dead set on using qBittorrent but can't get the RSS to work then you may consider setting up autobrr to handle your RSS and pass the results to qBittorrent to download, I do this currently. I used to handle it all natively in rutorrent without issues though so I'd still assume a setup issue on your end

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:11 am 

I think I know what the issue is. The RSS gives an URL that does not contain the torrent file.

For example: https://mma-torrents.com/torrents-detai ... 0033&hit=1. It points to the torrent info page but not to the torrent file. Thus giving me: Error: unexpected end of file in bencoded string

Do other torrent clients also have this issue? qBittorrent does not scrape the info page for a torrent file. That kinda sounds like expected behavior.

Or is my RSS URL broken for doing that?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:15 am 

Dent wrote:

Yes, I revisited this page and selected "Download link". But it still gives me only a link to the download page.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:18 am 

Total n00b failure from me. I updated the RSS URL in qBittorrent and that didn't work. I deleted the RSS subscription and added a new one. That did work.

Thanks guys for ya'll help.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Great that you got it working! :) Well done!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]