Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Dan Hardy still targeted for UFC 120
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:44 pm 
Special

UFC welterweight contender Dan Hardy (23-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) expects to fight in October at UFC 120, but the search is still underway for an opponent.

While a guest on today's edition of MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio), Hardy confirmed he's expected to compete on the overseas card but said his matchup and opponent are not official.

As MMAjunkie.com recently reported, UFC 120 is expected to take place Oct. 16 at The 02 in London, England. The night's main card airs via same-day delay on Spike TV.

UFC officials initially planned to pit Hardy against fellow 170-pounder Dustin Hazelett, but the Ohio-based fighter's wedding required him to take an earlier fighter. Hazelett, who most recently suffered a knockout loss to Paul Daley in January, is now slated to fight fast-rising Rick Story in August at UFC 117.

Hardy, who hasn't fought since his UFC 111 title loss to champion Georges St-Pierre in March, said it may have worked in Hazelett's favor.

"It's just a shame he wasn't available," the outspoken Hardy said. "He got the hell knocked out of him, and he didn't want a repeat performance."

Prior to his loss to St-Pierre, Hardy posted seven consecutive wins (with UFC victories over Akihiro Gono, Rory Markham, Marcus Davis and Mike Swick) and 12 victories in a 13-fight span.

So with Hazelett out, who's next for Hardy?

"At the moment, my guess is as good as yours," he said.

Hardy, a Team Rough House fighter based in Nottingham, England, will fight for the fourth time on a UFC-U.K. card at UFC 120.

source www.mmajunkie.com

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

Post subject: Re: Dan Hardy still targeted for UFC 120
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:03 pm 

Good news. We'd definately try to get tickets for this one and I love to see Dan Hardy (except against GSP :P) fight. I'm curious about the rest of the card.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:45 pm 
Special

You in the UK mate?

juniorpepaseed and me always go to UK events

..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:22 am 

Good to see the UFC coming back to the U.K again.

I'd love to go, but I'm up on the North East of Scotland, so it's a heck of a drive to get to London!

Depending on the card, it might be worth the drive though!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:08 pm 

subvertbeats wrote:
You in the UK mate?

juniorpepaseed and me always go to UK events

No, I'm from The Netherlands, but if you look at American perspective, London is almost around the corner for us. Flights to London are pretty cheap, its not hard to find an accomedation and it's easy to get around by public transport, especially within London.

And especially with the current ban in Germany, it won´t get closer then London for us.

How do you get tickets for the event then? Through the official UFC site? And is it really necesarry to have the membership that allows you to buy tickets before the public sale?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:56 pm 
Special

I am thinking of going too and probably with some UK friends here ;)

I believe they sell tickets via an online ticket service but I hope those guys can help me out as well because it is nicer to sit together.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:08 am 
Special

I was at UFC 111 and me and my friends were probably the only ones cheering for Hardy. But was vastly disappointed. Hopefully he's been working on his take down defense.

..::Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Werdum Competition Winner::..

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:56 am 
Special

Carlos Condit (25-5 MMA, 2-1 UFC) has agreed to fight fellow welterweight contender Dan Hardy (23-7 MMA, 4-1 UFC) in a UFC 120 bout planned for October.

A source close to the overseas show told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) verbal agreements are in place for the fight, which was first reported by MMAWeekly.com earlier today.

UFC 120 takes place Oct. 16 at The 02 in London, England.

As MMAjunkie.com first reported, the event is expected to be a free offering and will air via same-day delay on Spike TV. Hardy vs. Condit is expected to be the headliner or co-headliner.

However, UFC executives have not officially announced the event or the fight.

Hardy, who hasn't fought since his UFC 111 title loss to champion Georges St-Pierre in March, recently confirmed with MMAjunkie.com Radio that he initially was targeted for a fight with Dustin Hazelett at UFC 120. However, Hazelett's upcoming wedding left him unavailable for the card. And though Martin Kampmann also campaigned for the slot, it ultimately went to Condit.

Prior to his loss to St-Pierre, Hardy posted seven consecutive wins (with UFC victories over Akihiro Gono, Rory Markham, Marcus Davis and Mike Swick) and 12 victories in a 13-fight span.

Condit, meanwhile, fights overseas for the first time since a stint with the Japanese-based Pancrase organization in 2006. Since then, he's fought for the WEC (where he went 5-0 and won the welterweight title) and the UFC, where he's 2-1 with a close split-decision loss to Kampmann.

Most recently, Condit scored an impressive third-round knockout of Rory MacDonald at UFC 115 that earned him an $85,000 "Fight of the Night" bonus.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:39 pm 
Site Admin

Glad to hear :)

Thats a very good matchup IMO, I really like both fighters!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]