Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:49 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Paul Buentello cut from UFC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:36 am 

Quote:
Two-time heavyweight title challenger Paul “The Headhunter” Buentello has been left without a home as far as his mixed martial arts career is concerned, as FiveOuncesofPain.com has recently learned from sources close to the situation that the heavy handed thirty-six year old veteran has been released from the UFC.

Buentello’s dismissal from the UFC comes on the heels of a bizrarre defeat suffered at the hands of Cheick Kongo during the inaugural “UFC on Versus” event where the veteran of nearly forty profefessional scraps wound up on the receiving end of a beatdown from Kongo that included a dislocated finger, knee strikes while downed, and ultimately some punishing elbow strikes to the thigh that forced the bout’s conclusion.

Source: http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2010/03/31/ ... -from-ufc/

Post subject: Re: Paul Buentello cut from UFC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:24 am 
Special

Unfortunate as he seems like a really nice guy. But he isn't at the top of the heap.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:30 am 
Site Admin

I feel exactly the same. He is a really good guy and he has a ton of heart, but his fight style is unfortunately a little too predictable in todays modern MMA.

Shame to see a fighter go but in the end it means a new guy will get a shot so its ok.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:31 am 
Special

Well if this is true then I guess StrikeForce will do an attempt on signing him to solve their heavyweight problems. I think he is still better than someone like Wes Sims :lol:

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:17 am 
Special

For sure he will end up in Stikeforce. He is still good enough to provide exciting fights if someone will just stand and trade with him. Having said that, he would be a good opponent for Lashley's record ;-)

..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:52 am 
Site Admin

Paul Buentello not officially cut from UFC, but camp anticipates release

Paul Buentello (27-12 MMA, 3-3 UFC) has not received his official UFC release, but his representative is preparing for the worst.

"We've had discussions with the UFC about moving forward with Paul," Ellis Pacheco, Buentello's manager and lawyer, told MMAjunkie.com today. "Have we received any paperwork? No."

Buentello dropped his second consecutive UFC fight when he met Cheick Kongo at UFC on Versus 1 in March.

In a one-sided affair, Kongo dominated the fight on the ground before Buentello submitted unexpectedly in the third round. His cornerman, Trevor Wittman, later confirmed the former heavyweight contender had suffered a dislocated finger in the fight's first round and was unable to continue due to the pain of the injury.

"It was very frustrating because of how well Paul had done in training camp with takedown defense and wrestling," Pacheco said. "He had lost 26 pounds for the fight."

The UFC's official Web site still lists Buentello on its heavyweight roster.

Wittman said medical personnel shot Buentello's hand with Novocaine backstage to help deal with the pain from the dislocated finger.

Afterward, Buentello said he wanted to quit fighting.

"I told him to not make any rash decisions," Wittman told MMAjunkie.com. "He was like, 'Oh, the UFC's going to cut me.' Honestly, from my perspective – and I try to keep it as real as I can because I love Paul, and I think he's a great fighter – I think he's got to have more dimensions at this high level of the game."

But Pacheco said a likely scenario for Buentello's future involves taking a few fights outside the UFC and to return at a later date.

"Do they want to drop Paul? No," Pacheco said. "But he's got two [losses], so it's possible that he might have to fight a few times outside the UFC and pick up a couple of wins and come back.

"I got a very nice email from (UFC matchmaker) Joe (Silva) saying if they have to do that, they'd very much like to have Paul back."

Retirement does not appear to be on the table, at least for now.

Buentello fought Andrei Arlovski for the UFC heavyweight title at UFC 55 and lost via knockout. Despite a subsequent win over Gilbert Aldana at UFC 57, he was released from the promotion in 2006 and fought for Strikeforce and Affliction before re-signing with the UFC in the wake of Affliction's collapse this past August. He suffered a loss to Stefan Struve in December and is now 0-2 since his return.

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/news/18556/paul-bu ... elease.mma

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]