Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 11 of 12   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Phenom: The Road to Greatness [Training Log]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:09 am 
Special

PreWO:
.5 Serving BS Predator
8oz Water

Monday:
My mom's car that I drive was getting fixed and my dad couldn't take me to MMA until 7:45 ish so I mised the first MMA class and 15 mins of the kickboxing class :(. It was an easy day though, we mostly worked the combinations. Focusing on proper technique, ie using your hands to set up your legs and using your legs to set up your hands. We did 20-25 repetitions of each combination which was at time hard to count lol. Overall it was a decent day, more laid back than usual. My friend will be accompanying me to tomorrow's classes. Also my sensei/coach/trainer says he may not be able to get me a fight on April 10th so I guess the kickboxing match is out of the question. So it looks like March 20th's Grappler's Quest and April 11th's NAGA tournament are the upcoming dates.

PostWO:
1x Serving ON 100% Whey
8oz Water

..::UFC 102 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:29 pm 
Special

Tuesday:
Man this day was a rush, my friend opted to try it out today. We just got finished with track and decided to goto the gym first as well as get his waiver signed by his mom. There was slow traffic and an accident >.<. Well we didn't have much time to spare so we only stayed for about 20 mins.

We did:
3x5 Weighted Pull Ups with 12.5lbs
3x10 Dips
1x25 Crunches
1x10 Frazier Crunches

Then we had to stop at Wal-mart so he could buy a cheap mouthguard. Afterwards we decided to goto micky d's to get a little something before we went to class. Eventually we arrived and missed about 25 mins of the first class. We did Star Drill #2 which was from the knees, working around the body. We did skip knees, where you continuously knee to a rhythm, lol my friend had some trouble with this, then we worked on knees from the clinch, practicing proper hand placement, as well as whipping the person around. As my sensei/coach always says, "Where the head goes, the body will follow." We would whip them to the side and knee them in the head (not actually, we just go through the motions and get close) with the corresponding knee. After a while of this we proceeded to the grappling class where my friend was more comfortable as he was a former wrestler, which during a shoot and sprawl drill the arguably best student and person in charge for the night, Jon (the one who won the 185lbs kickboxing title) immediately noticed and had him demonstrate for us. We focused on securing the back mount as many people get excited and quickly lose it. This was very eye-opening and I learnt a lot. The proper way is to get one hook while securing a grip around the stomach. You move your body back and use an arm to do a "seatbelt" style grip across the body whilst using the other arm to get an anchor (underhook gripping the shoulder), you use those grips to control him and get your other hook in, spreading your legs out to flatten them. You would then drop your shoulder to roll onto your back. To get even more control we grabbed the wrist immediately using our underhook and stuffed it under one of our leg hooks to eliminate one of the opponent's arms. We practiced the back mount for the majority of the class and then proceeded to do some live rolling. It was a fun a productive day overall

PostWO:
1x Serving ON 100% Whey

Wednesday:
I needed some medical papers for track so I couldn't participate today so I went to go lift in the school weight room but decided to grapple with some kids and wrestlers in the wrestling room. I versed people who were either my weight or more for the most part. I won my matches, the last one was epicly tough though, it was me 150lbs against a 190lbs friend. It went on for about 20 mins, I didn't wanna stop and let it goto a draw so eventually I got my butterfly guard in and sweeped him into mount, from their I quickly locked in an Americana and got the W. It was so hard with all the sweat we had, I kept slipping off his arms earlier.

PostWO:
1x Serving ON 100% Whey
1x Serving Gaspari SizeOn

I need to a find a ride to MMA tonight though :/.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:00 am 
Site Admin

It really sounds sweet with the possibility to train with such experienced people and to really train MMA related techniques, not just kickboxing, jiu-jitsu or wrestling apart.

Souds like you are doing some good progress in learning.

Keep it up bro!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:01 pm 
Special

Wow this has been a long week of dieting and exercise. I won't be able to recap on last week's classes unfortunately. I have been attending and I've also been dieting as well as exercising so I could meet the 150lbs requirements for my competition at Grappler's Quest - Beast of the East 5. I feel the pain of wrestlers who have to cut weight all the time, it wasn't really hard except I couldn't eat food that tasted good or I couldn't eat too much. I've also been replacing my school lunches with a protein shake. The week started at about 154lbs and I got down to 149 on friday, then 148 saturday morning. I was 152.6lbs friday afternoon so I wore a sweatshirt during track practice to help sweat it out and made it to 149.6lbs thankfully. After that I went to buy a new Shock Doctor Cup then went to the gym to run a little bit more to burn calories and sweat. I think I was 149 exact after the gym. I limited my liquid intake a lot as I didn't want to gain back water weight until weigh-ins the next morning at 7AM. I had a 2-3 Oreos though cause they looked so good sitting on the table lol. I decided to go to my school's coffee house to see some entertainment and hang out with friends, it was a pretty good time, glad I went.

As for the event itself, I woke up at 4AM and left the house at about 4:45AM to pick up some friends who wanted to come watch. We were one of the first to arrive and got checked in and hit the scales. Did a skin test where I had to take off my shirt and my friend told the lady I was jacked, the lady and I both lol'd a little. Took of the shorts and left on my boxers cause I wasn't sure if I would make weight, I was prepared to throw on a long sleeve compression shirt, a sweatshirt, and run to lose it. Fortunately I came in at 148lbs which was surprising as that was 2lbs under. I could've drank some water this morning :P. We left to go to McDonald's and get a sandwich to nourish my body since I didn't have to worry about making weight anymore, had a Bacon/Egg/Cheese on a Bagel with some Gatorade and Water. We got lost along the way and lost some time but made it back. My friend who is a former wrestler and is as strong as me (though he weighs 30lbs more lol) helped me practice a little and get warmed up as well as stretch. My legs were TIGHT until I stretched lol, could've been the combination of running hard to lose liquid and the fact I was dehydrated. The first match eventually came and he took me down after a carousel like spinning around, from that point he was in my guard and did almost nothing. I was working to break his grip and whatnot so he kept shifting around, eventually he moved into a triangle but got out. He tried to get into side mount but I kept his hips/body in check I was able to lock in a Kimura during his transition attempts and got the tap out. I feel a little bad because I applied the pressure pretty quick because I didn't want to risk losing it and he grabbed his shoulder for a while after. From that I was officially 2-0 (first guy forfeited by not showing). The next match was aggravating, or the outcome was. He attempted to take me down, somehow he got my back and got 3 points. I believe he got my back while I was attempting a standing straight arm bar. So eventually I turned into him so that I was in his guard. From here I tried to isolate an arm for a kimura or americana but he kept his hands together for the entire duration of the match so I couldn't do much. I attempted to break his guard with my elbows and I couldn't. I should've done what we went over in practice, knee under the but and shift body back. He won on points due to the back mount which annoyed me, cause he did nothing. That match was the semi-finals so since I lost he moved on to the Gold-Silver Match and I went to the Bronze Match. The guy I versed for the Bronze Medal seemed to be the most imposing of the group which surprised me since I would've assumed he would've went to the Gold-Silver. He rolled me off his back and he got into my half guard. From there I was able to get into HIS half guard then eventually I mounted him. After a bit I isolated an arm and went for the Americana and he tried to roll out of it but I got the submission victory. It was a fun day, except I had to drive home with head ache. The Medal presentation was also absurdly long. Saw a couple guys from my gym there, but I couldn't stay to watch.

Will post youtube videos.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

Man did I get it right? Did you just win a bronze medal!?

I love reading your stuff bro :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:50 pm 
Special

Haha yeah forgot to write that clearer, I took 3rd Place in the Middleweight division :).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 pm 
Site Admin

Congratulations bro!!! Thats really great :)

Happy for you, good work!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:49 pm 
Special

Congratulations m8

Here is your award :arrow: :lol:

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:52 pm 
Special

Haha thanks lol.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0iOgGjOb5E][/youtube]
March 20, 2010
Submission Via Kimura
Grappling Record: 2-0 (1st Round Kid Forfeited/Didn't Show)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDXgPHMtLN4][/youtube]
March 20, 2010
Loss Via Points (3pts for a Back Mount)
Grappling Record: 2-1

*I kept trying to isolate an arm but all he did was grip his hands together the whole match, there were things I should've done in retrospect, but I'm annoyed at this match

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QG5yuW8NZU][/youtube]
March 20, 2010
Submission Via Americana
Grappling Record: 3-1

*Where it looks like I tap in the beginning I didn't the dude was still going even though the guy said to reset lol so I was lettin him know.

Your champion in training :P.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm 
Site Admin

Wow, impressive!

First let me tell you, you look sharp. This was grappling but Im pretty sure that if you where allowed to punch none of those guys would have stood up for very long. :)

I was really impressed watching first fight and it was a beautiful win. Now I understand the part where you felt bad for his shoulder lol but man it was awesome to watch!

Second fight I was surpised that you didnt win. You had a dominant position for more then 75% of the fight and sure, he got backposition, but you did a really beautiful reversal that really impressed me! If is was MMA that guy wouldnt stand a shot against you, your shoulders and arms where like 3 times as big as his lol. Now it might not be fair to compare like that and I dont know enough about grappling to be honest but still..
By the end I Im sure that ground and pound him crossed your mind there for a sec :P Joking, but it was a nice position, I can imagine its hard to pull off a submission being in his full guard though hehe.

Third was basicly you dominating the whole match. No wonder you won it.

I must say I loved to watch this, it really nice of you to give us an opportunity to see this!

Thank you!

That medallion will look good on your wall I bet ;) Congratulations again bro!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 11 of 12   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next