Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 8:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: VocalistSSP as Little Mac [training log]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:06 pm 
Site Admin

Snows melting here now, things are looking better finally!

Regarding the third cardio, maybe start off with doing 2 and if you feel comfortable you can do 3 passes 1 or 2 times a week to start with. Best get your body used to it and then you can increase slowly.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:53 pm 
Special

Another great training log...

un-stickying now as this thread will naturally stay at the top of the forums due to its regular activity..

Keep up the hard work dude :)

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:41 pm 

Sorry for all the inactivity guys. I've been really busy between work, training, hanging out with friends, and pretty much all my spare time has been spent either doing chores, trying to fix my sleep schedule, watching mma, or preparing food for later on in the week.

I should be able to start posting a little more regularly soon though!

Look forward to it!

VocalistSSP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

I am ;)

Keep it up bro!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 pm 

Hey guys, Long time no see. This post is one long ramble, so sorry in advance.

I've been fairly busy as of late, and updating the log sort of got pushed aside. As I have a day off today I'll give some updates.

I'm still a BJJ White belt, but I'm training GI on monday, wednesday, thursday, sat, sun. Training no gi, Tuesday, Friday. I decided that rather than trying to accomplish everything at once, it would be better to gain a strong fundamentals on grappling before trying to incorporate striking. I am still taking Muay Thai on Fridays as well, but my focus is on grappling.

My day to day looks something like this.

Wake up, Run 2-3 Miles, work on flexibility / abs , Eat Breakfast, Go to work, Go to Training, go home, sleep. Rinse and Repeat.

It's very hard to try and keep to this schedule but I feel like I'm progressing which is helping. Focusing on proper sleep and nutrition is vital in getting into fighting shape, and one of the reasons why I haven't really been updated this is that I'm trying to cut out all the excess things in my life to help promote a healthier life style since my time is pretty taxed.

I'm trying to keep my weekend and weekday sleep schedule within an hour of each other so I have to to tone down going out and partying. I've also been trying to eat healthy 2000 calories, but this is really tough and there are so little choices that I want to eat each day. It's amazing how much food you can pack into 2000 calories if you cut out sugars and fats and most of your carbs.

I've also started taking Hydroxycut, they had a clearance sale on it at CVS so I got a months supply for $8 which I felt like I should at least try it. I can't really track how much of my progress / diet is because of it. Also, my home scale is a piece of crap and is never accurate lol.

I've also been doing a lot of thinking about my goals, and plans for the future, not just about MMA, but life in general. I would like to be a black belt by my 33rd birthday (I just turned 23), I would also like to have a house at that point, with possibly a wife. I don't really feel like my job is something I want to do for the rest of my life, but it allows me to pursue all my objectives. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes open. It's funny that I never really view training as something I want to do with my life, as oppose to something I want to accomplish. I really just want to become a better fighter and I'm not sure why. I feel like I'm preparing for a disaster or something lately with MMA Training, I'm becoming an EMT (emergency medical technician), Rifle Shoot lessons, and working on learning a few more wilderness skills. We'll have to see where it goes.

I believe I am not going to compete in the grapplers quest in June, but its still a small possibility. After looking it doesn't look like they are going to have the one in September that they always have, but maybe as we get closer that will happen.

I am excited for the warmer weather coming, and hopefully I'll have a sick beach body in time :D I do want to start adding in more time for weight trainning, possibly on the weekends, but between preparing for the week and all the things that pop up I don't know if i'll be able to squeeze it in. I think if i can stick to doing it for two or three weeks it'll become routine, but until then it will be tough.

It's also a strange feeling knowing that everything I have been doing is just laying the ground work for a very structured and healthy life in the future. This is kind of weird as I am not the type of person who is usually structured and things tend to happen on the fly for me.

I'll try to post weekly up dates from now on, that will probably be the best!

Sorry for the rant, I'm going to create a template for my posts this week which might make it easier, and more structured. If anyone has anything specifically about training / life / nutrition / health they want me to include let me know and I'll throw it in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 am 

Just as a fun update

Me and my friend are having a weight loss competition starting tomorrow. The rules are $250 to enter, 12 weeks long (The Competition ends the last day of June just in time for beach season) Whoever loses the most weight wins.

I'll try to post my progress here. We will have the initial weigh in tomorrow morning, and then a weekly weigh in to chart progress.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:55 am 
Site Admin

Im on the opposite path. Im trying to gain weight. Hopefully i can gain 5 kilos in 2-3 months and stay somewhere around 82 kilos when im done. Im at 77 now (180 cm).
Right now Im trying a new "diet". Im grinding a cup of oatmeal, mix it with 2-3 eggwhites and a lot of milk in a bowl and drink it atleast once between each meal. Also trying to eat more then I usually do when i eat both lunch and dinner. Much harder then it sounds. Ive started to use heavier weights fewer repetitions in the gym and try to push it to the max each time to gain more muscle mass. Seems to be working fine but have to see over a month or so.
Right now Im in quite some pain (lol) from last days gym and I have a feeling that I should rest a little before I go at it again. Love to be back in the gym though!

Also exited about the warmer weather coming :) Cant wait for the sun to come!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:58 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm about to run out the door for bjj but figured i'd update you on weigh in day.

I lost 2.75lbs last week
my friend lost 3lbs last week
and my other friend lost 4lbs last week

putting me in dead last. I'll have to kick up the intensity. I ran 4 miles this week so My goal is to run 5 miles starting next week, i'm excited for when that hits 6!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:31 am 
Site Admin

Keep it up bro, you are on a good path :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

just bumping myself to say that the diet is incredible, gained a lot of pure muscle power last 2 weeks! :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3