Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Phenom: The Road to Greatness [Training Log]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm 
Special

Haha yeah, me and my dad decided to put some boxing stuff up in my garage last summer for home workouts.

If you need something go register at boxingforum.com and check out titleboxing.com. If you want something from Title, Bret Wolfe an employee there is offering a 20% discount on anything over $50 I believe, his email is bretw@titleboxing.com (you need to be a member of that forum for eligibility however).

..::UFC 102 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:16 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you Phenomkidd, great tip. I am not sure what the frieghtcosts would be though :/ probably more economically for me to buy gear from a closer location because:

INTERNATIONAL ORDERS:

Additional shipping charges may apply

But the forum looks sweet, good place for boxing fans and students :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:54 pm 
Special

I love this thread, its dope... 8-)

un-stickying now though as this thread will naturally stay at the top of the forums due to its regular activity..

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:53 am 
Special

Ahh sorry Dent, thought it would be of some use :P.
Thanks for the kind words subvert beats :).

Unfortunately I could not workout today was I was out most of the day. I will however do a quick session in the morning, maybe 8hrs from now. This may be unwise since I have Track State Qualifications tomorrow, I'm on my 4x200m relay team, my team won't win since we'd be going up against the NATIONAL leaders but I like to give my best performance. I have been stuck in my house for the last three days due to a nor'easter so I'll justify this quick session as a warm up/workout for track :).

As for my Sengoku marathon (8-11, and I had to of course skip between fights because of the lengths :D), I have a newfound respect for Japanese MMA, I didn't like watching it as much as American promotions but now I'm a bigger fan. I've also found some new favorite fighters in Michihiro Omigawa and Marlon Sandro. This newfound passion for J-MMA has led to me currently rewatching some recent Dream events that I didn't watch too attentively :P. I'll probably watch some of the earlier Sengokus and Dreams as well when I get a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:14 am 
Special

PreWO:
1x Serving Controlled Labs Green Mag
1x Serving Controlled Labs White Flood

Monday I tried to lift before I went but I left for the gym too late so I just 3x5 Pull ups w/ 12.5lb weights and 3x3 Leg presses, if I can remember we did a lot of pad work and technique. We would do what we called "tip tap" sparring where like it sounds we go light, focusing on speed and technique. We also did some kick target practice with our gloves. We would place are gloves at a position for the partner to kick, like in the air w/ left arm -> partner right high kick, two gloves stacked on chest -> partner front push kick or knee, etc. We also did something new with octagon shaped rings, it was basically continual target practice. We did non stop punching into the ring while out partner would move around and adjust the ring's location, focusing on continually punching and keeping your hands up as well as working angles. We did some ground and pound defense as well where the goal was not to better your position, but to stay in guard and defend against strikes.

PostWO:
1x Serving ON 100% Whey
16oz Gatorade

PreWO:
1x Serving Beast Sports Predator

Today we started out with 4-5 rounds of jump roping to build up some cardio. We did some light contact sparring with MMA gloves, again focusing on technique. Then we did some flexibility drills such as neck bridge and roll on to shoulder (both sides), shrimping (using legs to push away, very useful when mounted when combined with bridging), 360 degree shrimp to start position, etc. We also did some ground and pound defense again, with the objective being the same, to defend against strikes in guard. Then we reviewed the 5 basic submissions, Americana, Arm Bar, Wrist Lock, Chicken Wing, and the Kimura because these submission can be used in practically every position your in, no matter it twister side mount, mount, rear mounted, etc. Good day, I did notice however I need to get my cardio up.

As for the kickboxing in April 10th I will continue to evaluate my conditioning before I ask to participate, but the March 20th Grappler's Quest Tournament is all go for right now. Discovered NAGA is also having a tournament April 11th, the day after the kickboxing event which I am also interested in.

PostWO:
1x Serving BSN Syntha-6
1x Brownie :D lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:06 am 
Special

On Wednesday it was a grappling only class where I partnered up with this 150lb (same as me roughly, same for the height of like 5'7" lol) who was ex-army and pretty fit. Inthe beginning we did positioning drills. I got there late so we mainly did position drills and "Star Drills 1 and 2." The position drill was from Twister Side Mount, sweep to North South, to twister side mount on the other side. Star Drill 1 is from the knees and its on switching position 360 degrees. It involves sweeping the head to the side and placing the knees in the area between the hand on the ground and the knee on the ground while maintain an overhand body lock around their torso. Then we take the back and proceed to do the same sweeping motions and knee movements to get back to the original position. We then do it in reverse so that you're facing the view from when you start at (in the original version you would face back -> face side/front -> take back and face front -> face side/front -> face front) so you face back almost the entire time except for when you take the back. Then Star Drill number 2 starts from side control when you're opponent lies on their back. You start at Lower Body Control, Spider Mount, Lower Body Control on the opposite side, Helicopter mount (you scoop the legs, face the legs, and sit on their stomach), back to Lower Body Control. Then we rolled live for a bit, me with my partner I stated earlier. We were pretty even for the duration of the match (about 4-5 rounds). Round 1 I got closest to finishing it when I took mount. It was productive and refreshing (technique wise) day :).

I'll post about today soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:29 am 
Site Admin

Sounds like a good day mate! I have been going to the gym for 2 weeks now and Im starting to notice the positive effects already. Have an incredible apetite to start with lol.
Must say though that this time of year one of the things i aprechiate most is the sauna after training! So nice :)

Glad to hear you are back on track and active active!

Keep us updated bro!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 pm 
Special

Haha really Dent? Now that I'm training hard and such I feel like I have less of an appetite, like my body is trying to make me cut down on what I eat since I used to eat a lot lol.

Thursday I can't quite remember too much of what we did. It was a double class day with MMA first and Kickboxing second. We did some light technique sparring with the MMA gloves later moving on to defending strikes from guard and trying to obtain the top position, going light to the head and medium to the body. We did some pad work and combos as well.

PreWO:
.5x Serving BS Predator
8oz Water

Friday was pretty intense, it was MMA and Conditioning. I miss half of the MMA class trying to scrap together gas money lol but we did some wrestling based moves. Such as swimming with our arms, widening our base, and obtaining dominant position when an opponent shoots in for a taken down. We needed to keep our base wide and time our underhooks so that we got one in when he shot and we pummeled for the other one, popping up our body a little to crossface the opponent and get full underhooks with the intention of turning his back into the cage. We also practiced using strikes to set up a take down. We used front kicks to push the opponent into the cage and combos like jab -> over hand right, we then shot and pushed em into the cage for momentum and proceeded to lift with the hips and turn for the take down, hopefully getting side mount.

Haha then we had conditioning class, we started with circuits. I remember we had medicine ball tosses against a wall, throwing it over your head into a wall and catching repetitively. We had a sledgehammer and tire station, Ground and Pound station, Squat Jump stations, horizontal jump and sprawl station, another G n P station, a dummy station where we would use knee strikes, among other things. It was 15 minute circuit but it was tiring. We also lifted heavy bags and pressed them over our heads to start with, that sucked. We had to do 10 each but I only got 8, I was pissed and tired. We also did this thing where we had to start on our backs with a heavybag, get up, carry it to the wall mounted elbow/knee bag, lift it on top, come back, and lay down. We had to do 5 reps, the first rep was clean, then the next the coach would try to smack it, block you, etc. If you dropped the bag then that rep didn't count. We did horizontal shuffling stations where the goal was to be in sync as a team and to not knock over any hurdles that were in the way. A knocked over hurdle meant 50 push ups. We did partner wheel barrow jumps back and forth (thats 1) across the gym 5 times. Me and my partner got that done relatively quickly and he decided to tell sensei we had one more so we could help motivate the other guys which I thought was admirable. It got knocked over only once. We did some explosion jumps. Near the end we did some ab planks forward, and to each side. As well as leg lifts in various stances. It was pretty tiring, but I like working hard.

PostWO:
1x Serving ON 100% Whey
16oz Water
1x Cupcake :P

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:37 pm 
Special

I hit up the gym saturday.

PreWO:
1x Serving CL Green Mag x 1x Serving VPX No-Shotgun
16oz Water

3x5 Weighted Pull Ups w/ 15lbs
3x5 Weighted Back Extensions w/ 45lbs
3x3 Barbell Bench Press - 185lbs/195lbs/205lbs
3x3 Barbell Overhead Press - 95lbs/105lbs/105lbs
3x3 Dumbbell Press - 75lbs/75lbs/75lbs (My gym needs to get dumbbells higher than 75 lol)
3x3 Barbell Shoulder Shrugs - 225lbs/235lbs/235lbs
3x12 Cable Crunches - 100lbs/110lbs/120lbs
5x Mins on the Bicycle @ Fast Pace burned only 50 cals according to the machine lol

PostWO:
1x Serving ON 100% Whey
8oz Water

I may go outside and run + hit the heavybag or I may use this as a rest day.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:56 am 
Special

Didn't work out today, used it as a rest day, will also be the last day of normal eating. Just drank a 1x BSN Syntha-6 Protein Shake with 7oz of Milk, for the casein protein, feeds me while I sleep. I'm gonna try to eat less and healthier for a while. The March 20th Grappler's Quest spot has been secured for the Teen's No-Gi Beginner Division, it also looks like I'll be doing that April 10th kickboxing fight because I spoke to the promoter and if I did compete I would be put up against another new comer. So there is really no reason not to, especially since its a bi-monthly organization and June is a whiles away. The April 11th NAGA grappling tournament is iffy right now since its gonna be a day after the kickboxing fight. But I think I'll be good enough to compete, and as long as my dad gives the ok then we're all good. I also just checked and NAGA isn't coming back to my area until August so I think I'll do it. More focus on training and academics since I'm not worrying about any emotional baggage :P.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 118 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next