Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: WE WANT YOU!! (Please Respond) (Prizes Awarded)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:41 am 
Special

It's how you rate it. And nickname I believe is actually short name for tracker :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:57 pm 
Special

Indeed it is a rating on "how it is now" because we want to know what you all think we could improve and what we should maintain. Also like Miz mentioned the nickname is a shortname for the tracker.

Last questions are to pick out a couple of categories (at least 4) that you rated and explain and/or describe why you rated it the way you did and also do some suggestions on improvements etc.

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:50 am 

TRACKER:
These are 1 through 10 (1 = lowest and 10 = highest)

Content: 8
Quality: 10
Speed: 8
Community: 10
Rarity: 8
Ease of maintaining account: 8
Torrent Longevity: 10
Staff: 8
Features: 9
Communication: 10

FORUM:

Content: 5
Quality: 7
Speed: N/A
Community: 6
Rarity: N/A
Layout: 8
Access: 8
Staff: 8
Features: 8

Ok, Now the hard part:

1) What do you think MMA-Torrents nickname should be? (Example "IPT";"SCC"; Etc.)
I'm not sure that it needs a snappy nickname...MMAT maybe?

2) What separates MMA-Torrents from other MMA related trackers?
The community is carefully controlled and filtered so most of the content and members are quality. There's virtually none of the crap you have to put up with on other trackers (a**holes on the forum, hit and runs, etc.).

3) What is your favorite feature of MMA-Torrents?
I love the MMA competitions and chance to win GB prizes. I'm living in China and my ISP throttles the hell out of upload streams, so despite always seeding I have ratio troubles. This gives me a chance to compensate for that.

4) What is your least favorite feature of MMA-Torrents?
While I agree wholeheartedly with the "seed for 48 hours" policy, I sometimes get PMs accusing me of not seeding long enough. I am living abroad and I only have a laptop, so if I need to take my computer somewhere I can't seed. I also have to shutdown my bittorrent client when I am using Skype to speak with friends and family as it usually causes problems with calls. Not that big a deal, but I think only people with ratios below 1.0 who aren't seeding should be getting those messages.

5) Describe briefly, yet detailed, your thoughts and feelings about MMA-Torrents" (A big picture Review, which should include at least 4 1 to 10 entries above) (This is the "Big One" and will have a large effect on prize winning)
Simply put, this is by far the best MMA tracker I have ever been a part of. I used to be a member of another mma tracker but I feel that this community, while smaller at the moment, is comprised of mostly hardcore MMA fans with good attitudes that understand how to seed. I never have any difficulty grabbing events within hours of the broadcast. The speeds are good, even here in China where internet speeds are lousy.

Content on the tracker is well organized and the search function works fairly well, but I would like to see a more robust library of older events. For example, the Pride gallery is comprised of mostly the Bushido events, and many of the regular numbered events are not there.

Having an invite-only system is great for filtering the community and maintaining quality. I have really gotten into the MMA competitions and this feature keeps me coming back...M*****.net did not have this feature when I was there and it makes a huge difference. It is also clear that the your team is committed to improving the community - I love the new system for picking fights!

The downside of a smaller, invite-only community is that the forums are not very active or vibrant. There don't seem to be many frequent posters, and as a result I don't visit the forums very often anymore. I feel that this is more a function of time - as the tracker community grows, the forums will grow as well. Maybe something could be done to promote traffic on the forums (MMA trivia thread competitions, etc.). There may also be too many forum categories for a community this size.

6) Anything else we may have missed. On the survey, the forum section needs modified criteria. I'm not sure for "Speed" and "Rarity" apply to a forum. Kudos to the team for giving us this chance to give feedback. Thanks!

..::Strikeforce Houston Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 pm 
Special

Great replies so far and I really enjoy reading what people think of this site and what we do.

Keep it going people because you can win some nice prizes but most important, you can tell us what you think without getting a bad reply (as long as you of course stay decent and respectful ;) ) and give us pointers where to improve so you will benefit from that later on as well.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:29 pm 
Special

TRACKER:

Content: 10 I tried to only give 9s so there's something to strive for, but the content is so good... ;-)
Quality: 9
Speed: 9
Community: 9
Rarity: 9
Ease of maintaining account: 9
Torrent Longevity: 9
Staff: 9
Communication: 9

FORUM:

Content: 6
Quality: 9
Speed: 8
Community: 6
Rarity: 5
Layout: 6
Access: 7
Staff: 9

Ok, Now the hard part:

1) What do you think MMA-Torrents nickname should be?

Don't think it needs one. "MMA-Torrents" is easy to say and remember and describes the site perfectly.

Haven't used any other MMA-specific trackers. I do think this is the best tracker and torrent site I've ever used, though, and that's because of the clarity of information and the speed and variety of releases. The community feel is also fantastic, which you don't get very often at all.

Other than the active community, I like the range of material allowed - MMA, kickboxing, boxing, tuition DVDs and books...

I've never used the IRC chat facility, but I do use the shoutbox from time to time. Guess that makes the chat facility my least favourite.

5) Describe briefly, yet detailed, your thoughts and feelings about MMA-Torrents" (A big picture Review, which should include at least 4 1 to 10 entries above) (This is the "Big One" and will have a large effect on prize winning)

I can't think of much to criticise the site on. Everything is run very smoothly and there is a wide range of features to keep the site entertaining. The site layout is nice and well laid out, if a bit dark themed.

I like that the community is small-ish and dedicated. There are a number of people who chat in the forums (even if the number of areas/threads active isn't that high), the polls and competitions are well supported, and people say thanks and seed torrents well. Even the custom banners on the front page and the new automated competition system - stuff like that really shows people enjoy the site and are commited to making it a success.

I also really like that the site is very focussed on what it covers - glad there's no non-fighting stuff. Releases tend to be really quick to appear and they're often of great quality - S0urce's stuff is the best out there.

It's this sense of shared interests and commitment that keeps me checking the site daily and posting in the forums, etc. I even tend to now come here for my news, rather than directly to Junkie or Sherdog, as the level of intelligence shown by the people who comment is far higher ;-)

6) Anything else we may have missed. (this one is not required)

It's not a "feature", so I didn't put it in for question 4, but I don't like seeing when guests post asking for invites in the forum and then immediately get one. I donated for my invite, why can't they? At least make new people stick around in the forum for a minimum number of posts before they get an invite, or have them only allowed to seed (not download) until they've reached a certain upload figure - that way, they're giving something to the community in exchange for their invite. It is another sign of the friendly nature and support we get from the admins, but still... ;-) Since this is an invite-only site, it keeps the exclusitivity up and keeps the "allure" of earning a membership.

Streamline the forums to have far fewer catagories and so it will at least appear busier - that way more people will be inclined to join in. I like the proposal by subvertbeats in the forum suggestions thread at the moment.

..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you guys its great to read this, you have some nice points that make me think of things I didnt.

Dont be afraid to critisize, its just interesting :)

More entries are always welcome guys, write what you think!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:55 pm 

TRACKER:

Content:9
Quality:9
Speed:9
Community:6
Rarity:10
Ease of maintaining account:8
Torrent Longevity:8
Staff:9
Features:8
Communication:7

FORUM:

Content:8
Quality:6
Speed:8
Community:8
Rarity:8
Layout:4
Access:5
Staff:8
Features:9

Ok, Now the hard part:

1) What do you think MMA-Torrents nickname should be? (Example "IPT";"SCC"; Etc.)
Nothing or MMAT

We have a great group of members and the great mix of Combat sports on the site.

MMA Competitions on the forums

The front page PM spam that you get everytime you log in. I only need to know if there is a MMA Competitions! coming up or if i won at all in one.

I think the site has a good thing going here with the mix combat sport torrents. I would like to see the members ship size made a lil bigger but not tomuch. It is hard to get my seeds back to a 1.0 Up to Down ratio on each Dl from the site and rely on the MMA Competitions to bump my overall site ratio. On most of my other torrent sites i can push my Ratio back to 1.0 with 24 hours of my DL and i am not the person to just run and gun my ratio is 2.0 to 3.0 on all my other site and that from pure Seeds i always try and give back more then i take. Other then that the site runs great and the Staff is top notch.

Cheers MMA WORLD WIDE

..::Strikeforce Heavy Artillery Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 116 - Lesnar vs. Carwin Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:44 am 
Special

We will close this at the end of this month and determine the winners.

So if you have something to say (positive or negative) you still have a few days.

Thanks to all the people who added their contribution to this questionnaire. Some changes have been made already and I hope this was to your satisfaction so far, but we will always try to look out for improvements :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

This topic has now been closed. Staff will vote on best posts and then we will reveal the winners.

Thank you very much for your contributions, they mean a lot for us!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: WE WANT YOU!! (Topic Now Closed)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:53 pm 
Site Admin

Ok so we have voted and even if all entries where great and equally important we managed to find some that we thought stood out.

The winners are:

1. Obskewer

You will recieve 20 GB's.

2. Sixdemonbag

3. Vocalist

You will recieve 10 GB's each.

The rest of you will recieve 5 GB's each for participating.

Thank you and congratulations guys!

The most popular features of the tracker was Quality and Staff.
The least popular was Torrent longetivity.

Most popular in the forum was Staff.
Least popular in forum where Rarity.

This gives us great indications on where we should spend our energy and efforts.

I would like to comment on a few things you mentioned:

VocalistSSP wrote:
...Please add the option for different themes. Black and Orange kills me...

We have a second theme that you can choose in your profile called "white-theme". Its not optimized for our banners and category icons and until someone steps up and offers to help out with the images and the visual content so that the white theme is sorted I am not so fond of the idea to start another theme. Btw the reason the theme is dark and black is the spare our eyes a little :)

noshelter wrote:
...However, a lot could be better in terms of search. It's a HUGE pain in the ass to not be able to sort specific categories by seeders, etc...

Yes the search function is a pain in the *** and unfortunately the scriptmakers tell me they dont have a solution as the problem lies in the 3:rd party made search function they have used for the script. Its a known bug and hopefully there will be a solution eventually.

cingred wrote:
...Personally, I would like to see a "seed point" system implemented to give members a bit more incentive to seed torrents for longer and to get some credit for downloading and seeding torrents that have aged a bit. I would also put a category in with torrents that might be of interest many days down the road that are "PINNED" like a forum topic would be. Depending on the hits and downloads, these torrents could be put in this category so many members can enjoy them for longer.

Unfortunately people abuse seedpoint systems and they are not positive after all. People seed a million files on a lousy upload and non of them goes in a reasonable speed. or they simply seed many files and limit the upload.

Pinned torrents is a good idea. thx :)

kangnamwon wrote:
...I just have to say that MMA-Torrents should let anybody upload any content to the website. Now of course this would not be safe so it shouldnt be available to the public AFTER it is checked by the staff before it is released. This way more contents will be available and there will be a lot more RARE files or footages that are long gone or offlined. Also this way the uploader could be awarded with more upload GB...

Anybody can upload. We opened as a test for all users to upload and it has worked fine so I guess we should make it permanent. As we are private the risk is maller of someone uploading something bad and we do have mods checking all.

jrhendrix wrote:
- It would be nice if torrents were seeded for longer periods of time and duplicates removed. There's nothing I hate more than starting a download, then someone else uploads the exact same thing and everyone leeches onto that one. It results in torrents I must seed forever (I've been seeding some for almost a year) or suffer the ratio hit.

The tracker script does not allow the exact same file to be uploaded again. personally I dont see this happen. Maybe you are refering to same event but different releases?

sixdemonbag wrote:
...The downside of a smaller, invite-only community is that the forums are not very active or vibrant. There don't seem to be many frequent posters, and as a result I don't visit the forums very often anymore. I feel that this is more a function of time - as the tracker community grows, the forums will grow as well. Maybe something could be done to promote traffic on the forums (MMA trivia thread competitions, etc.)...

Hopefully with more members there will be more action in the forum. If you have ideas on how to promote activity in the forum feel free to give suggestions :)

ObSkewer wrote:
...It's not a "feature", so I didn't put it in for question 4, but I don't like seeing when guests post asking for invites in the forum and then immediately get one. I donated for my invite, why can't they? At least make new people stick around in the forum for a minimum number of posts before they get an invite, or have them only allowed to seed (not download) until they've reached a certain upload figure - that way, they're giving something to the community in exchange for their invite. It is another sign of the friendly nature and support we get from the admins, but still... ;-) Since this is an invite-only site, it keeps the exclusitivity up and keeps the "allure" of earning a membership...

You are right. From now requests for invites are deleted and we do not encourage neither that or asking for invites to other places. Sorry if we made you feel overstepped or so, it was only the good hearted moderators wish to make everybody happy that resulted in inviting people simply asking for it. in the future they will have to become members just like everybody else.

Xsjado wrote:
The front page PM spam that you get everytime you log in. I only need to know if there is a MMA Competitions! coming up or if i won at all in one.

We defenitely need people to check their private messages more! Every second day we recieve an email from someone that was autodisabled or similar and have no idea why even though they recieved a private message with a warning 2 weeks earlier. Its of great importance that people see when they have a message. Unfortunately this means you will see a blinking symbol upon new message but as soon as you mark all messages as read the symbol will dissapear.

Well thats all for now. Thank you again for participating and stay cool :)

GB's will be handed out now.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next