Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:19 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC's Matt Mitrione Slams 'Spoiled' Jon Jones: 'Fight Me at Heavyweight, Coward'
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:07 pm 
Special

:-bd (Couldn't help myself from using this pic).

Apparently, UFC heavyweight and former NFL player Matt Mitrione is no fan of Jon Jones.

In fact, he wants to fight him in the Octagon in exactly a year.

That's the current fallout from Jones' recent comments (via MMA Junkie) about Mitrione's verbal rant against infamous male-to-female transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox during an interview on The MMA Hour, where the Blackzilian called Fox a "sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak."

In turn, Jones stated that "Meathead" was simply a "scumbag kid" who "needs to shut his mouth"—prompting the following response from Mitrione:

Mitrione was supposedly in some hot water over his appearance on The MMA Hour, with the UFC quickly issuing a press statement noting he had been suspended for violating his contractual "code of conduct" clause.

To say the least, it didn't last long.

Not only was the suspension quickly lifted, but Mitrione is now scheduled to make the fastest two-fight turnaround of his young fighting career at UFC on Fox 8 (via ESPN) against fellow heavyweight Brendan Schaub.

To boot, Mitrione also took a very pointed jab at Jones for his own career controversy, referencing Jones' DWI in May 2012:

Mitrione also claims that Jones "can't take a punch" and that "nobody" in the UFC heavyweight division is worried about the young light heavyweight champion potentially moving up a weight class in the future.

Jones hasn't confirmed that he's ready to enter the 265-pound division within the next year, and current plans from the UFC indicate that the next two years for "Bones" could involve more light heavyweight title defenses and a superfight with middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

At 25 years old, Jones has ample time to contemplate a division shift, while the 34-year-old Mitrione is attempting to build himself another winning streak.

(Jones is currently two wins away from breaking Tito Ortiz's record for the most successful consecutive defenses of the UFC Light Heayvweight Championship.)

But does a Jones vs. Mitrione match seem possible?

It's not likely, especially since a move to heavyweight for Jones would likely be for a superfight against the division's current champion.

Of course, that's assuming Jones defeats Chael Sonnen at UFC 159 and continues to hold the belt throughout his light heavyweight reign.

Unless Mitrione dramatically improves his UFC ranking and gets his hands on the UFC heavyweight title, he probably won't ever face Jones in the Octagon.

Post subject: Re: UFC's Matt Mitrione Slams 'Spoiled' Jon Jones: 'Fight Me at Heavyweight, Coward'
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:00 am 

Lol the bully is the one at a higher weight class calling out the lower weight fighter.What a joke.

..::Strikeforce - Barnett vs. Cormier Competition Winner::..

Post subject: Re: UFC's Matt Mitrione Slams 'Spoiled' Jon Jones: 'Fight Me at Heavyweight, Coward'
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 am 

Sorry, but I don't see how weight class or bullying has anything to do with this article.

Mitrione said Fox was a man who beats up on women, haha. That's some funny shit! Rousey basically said the same thing too, minus all the derogatory. It was Mitrione's choice of words that got him suspended, a short suspension as everyone knows and aleady has his next fight lined up at UFC on FOX 8. But Jones' got to open his mouth with "Meathead,""scumbag kid" who "needs to shut his mouth". Blah, Blah, Blah..

"I think Fallon Fox, that's a strong person. Despite what the person has been through in their life, that's a strong person. I'm a fan of that person because of what they've gone through and what they're willing to go through" - Jone "bones" Jones

Last edited by Fedor on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 am 

Fedor wrote:
Sorry, but I don't see how weight class or bullying has anything to do with this article.

Mitrione said Fox was a man who beats up on women, haha. That's some funny shit! Rousey basically said the same thing too, minus all the derogatory. It was Mitrione's choice of words that got him suspended, a short suspension as everyone knows and aleady has his next fight lined up at UFC on FOX 8. But Jones' got to open his mouth with "Meathead,""scumbag kid" who "needs to shut his mouth". Blah, Blah, Blah..

Have to say Jones response was unnecessary.Also the ufc's 'reprimand' is such a joke.Dana talks all this horseshit about keeping the fighters in line and when they needed Mitrione to fill a slot bam thee suspension gets lifted immediately.

..::Strikeforce - Barnett vs. Cormier Competition Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]