Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:22 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Referee Josh Rosenthal pleads guilty to charges for owning $6 million worth of marijuana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:21 pm 
Special

Well-known MMA referee Josh Rosenthal has been a part of some of the UFC's most famous bouts, including Brock Lesnar's championship win over Shane Carwin and Dan Henderson's Fight of the Year win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua. Now, it turns out he was also part of an illegal drug operation.

In a story that could have been the plot of the show "Weeds," Rosenthal plead guilty to charges of conspiracy to manufacture and distribute marijuana. He and an associate owned a warehouse that kept 1,356 marijuana plants with a street value of $6 million. According to MMA Junkie, he could spend more than three years in prison:
The government is recommending 37 months in jail, fines and five years of probation, during which he would be subject to random searches, according to the agreement. Without a deal, he faced 10 years to life in prison, a $10 million fine and a minimum of five years' probation.
The court will ultimately decide Rosenthal's fate. He is scheduled to appear on May 17.

Rosenthal was once a mainstay on the UFC refereeing rotation, but hasn't been in the cage recently. His license lapsed in California as he dealt with his legal troubles and healed from a staph infection. Though referees are assigned by state commissions, not the UFC, Rosenthal had earned the praise of UFC president Dana White for his role in the Lesnar-Carwin bout.

BEST FORUM POST OF ALL TIME, IF YOU ASK ME! :))

Post subject: Re: Referee Josh Rosenthal pleads guilty to charges for owning $6 million worth of marijuana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:04 pm 

pretty retarded that they're continuing this war on people... also never take these figures for granted, not only is "street price" irrelevant at the production level, the prices they qoute rarely have any footing in reality...

I guess the stormtroopers of the pharma industry won't be happy untill everyone is hooked on oxy or synthetic/chemical drugs...

sad knowing that these people continuing this madness despite the overwhelming evidence that not a single person that isn't a cop or criminal gains from this will be viewed in a few decades in the same light as war criminals

I also don't get how obama got re-elected as this policy was one of the many things he promised to "change", while all he changed was his ambition....to become the 21st century nixon.....

Post subject: Re: Referee Josh Rosenthal pleads guilty to charges for owning $6 million worth of marijuana
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:06 pm 

and sorry for going off-topic but I'm pretty fed up about this war on people the US has been exporting, and now, via rightwing neocon extremists coming to power has also escalated in my country

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 pm 

I KNEW IT!! ::bigsmurf::

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 pm 

Can he claim personal use to reduce his sentence more?Image

..::The Ultimate Fighter 17 Finale Competition Winner::..
..::Bellator 90 - Shamhalaev vs. Martinez Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 138 Leben vs. Muñoz Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:54 am 
Special

Even if they inflated the price 500% he still has $1,000,000 worth of shrub lol.. so he's fucked tbh.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]