Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: White: Anderson Silva signed new 10-fight deal with UFC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:43 am 
Special

It looks like UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will be sticking around for a while. His future had been in question lately due to the fact that he only had two fights remaining on his deal, and had been branching out into movies and talked of taking some time off. But that's all in the past now, as Anderson has signed a new 10-fight deal with the organization. UFC president Dana White confirmed the deal at the UFC 155 post-fight media scrum.

Silva (33-4) has been the champ for six years and has won all 16 of his fights in the UFC. His last win came in a light heavyweight bout against Stephan Bonnar at UFC 153, where he stepped up on late notice after injuries decimated the card. He had been angling to face off with UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre next, but GSP didn't seem all that interested in the bout.

The 10-fight deal is definitely not standard in the UFC, where contracts are generally in the four to six-fight range. A few men have received eight-fight deals, but this is the first 10-fight one I've ever heard of. I don't actually expect the 37-year-old to complete the deal, but I'm sure he's making some major, major money either way.

His next opponent could be decided on January 19th, when Michael Bisping meets Vitor Belfort in the main event. White stated tonight that Bisping will earn a title shot with a win.

Source White: Anderson Silva signed new 10-fight deal with UFC

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]