Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:21 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 132 - Cruz vs Faber - Aftertalk!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:36 am 
Special

WOW !!!

Ok, so thats possibly the most exciting MMA event I've seen in years.

I don't know where to start!! So probably best from bottom to top....gotta be brief as Im off out

1. Jeff Hougland - Impressive debut. Well rounded. Kicked the night off well.
2. Njokuani - Wow, that guys striking is incredible. Winner is a beast with his hands, and he got destroyed. Hats off to winner for surviving three rounds, it could have easily been stopped twice
3. Aaron Simpson looked strong. Tavares looked a bit fresh/naive. Should come with experience.
4. Bowles looked ok, nothing sensational in my eyes
5. Poor G-Sop, Great finish from Dos Anjos, but felt for G-Sop never being able to get into the fight. Shame as I think hes a really great fighter. Stand up still the hole in his game.
6. Guillard. Devastating quick hands. Roller clocked him a couple of times, but ultimately was outclassed on his feet. Great finish.
7. Matt Wiman I thought was robbed. Close fight but I had Siver losing by a round.
8. Condit - Super impressive, great flyinng knee to set up the finish. First loss for Stun Gun. He'll be back though hes a solid wll rounded fighter.
9. Tito. Well to me this was very unexpected. I thought Bader would KO Tito and retire him from the UFC. How wrong I was. Solid right hand and clinical guillotine to finish.
10. Time to hang 'em up Wandy? Hate to see you keep going out like that. The Roy Jones of MMA? Both amazing punchers. Leben has a chin though, Wandy was careless and paid the price.
11. Cruz looked sharp as always. Faber was a big test for him though. I definitely didnt have Cruz up by 5 like one judge but did give him the win.

All in all such an exciting array of fights. Possibly the shortest overall fight time of any UFC event, certainly in recent times.

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 132 - Cruz vs Faber - Aftertalk!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:00 am 
Special

yeah you could tell they were struggling to fill in time... :)
thank you leben and tito for winning me some money...
even though im with subvertbeats in hoping bader would retire tito...
condits ko was amazing...
and i still hate cruz! :-q
good event overall...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:58 pm 
Special

Great main card of fights.

Maybe time for Silva to retire? He got beat up pretty quickly.

Cruz and Faber was a war like I figured since all of those WEC amazing fights.

Wiman got robbed.

My man Condit looked great.

..::Strikeforce - Fedor vs. Werdum Competition Winner::..

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:28 pm 
Site Admin

subvertbeats wrote:
WOW !!!

Ok, so thats possibly the most exciting MMA event I've seen in years.

I don't know where to start!! So probably best from bottom to top....gotta be brief as Im off out

1. Jeff Hougland - Impressive debut. Well rounded. Kicked the night off well.
2. Njokuani - Wow, that guys striking is incredible. Winner is a beast with his hands, and he got destroyed. Hats off to winner for surviving three rounds, it could have easily been stopped twice
3. Aaron Simpson looked strong. Tavares looked a bit fresh/naive. Should come with experience.
4. Bowles looked ok, nothing sensational in my eyes
5. Poor G-Sop, Great finish from Dos Anjos, but felt for G-Sop never being able to get into the fight. Shame as I think hes a really great fighter. Stand up still the hole in his game.
6. Guillard. Devastating quick hands. Roller clocked him a couple of times, but ultimately was outclassed on his feet. Great finish.
7. Matt Wiman I thought was robbed. Close fight but I had Siver losing by a round.
8. Condit - Super impressive, great flyinng knee to set up the finish. First loss for Stun Gun. He'll be back though hes a solid wll rounded fighter.
9. Tito. Well to me this was very unexpected. I thought Bader would KO Tito and retire him from the UFC. How wrong I was. Solid right hand and clinical guillotine to finish.
10. Time to hang 'em up Wandy? Hate to see you keep going out like that. The Roy Jones of MMA? Both amazing punchers. Leben has a chin though, Wandy was careless and paid the price.
11. Cruz looked sharp as always. Faber was a big test for him though. I definitely didnt have Cruz up by 5 like one judge but did give him the win.

All in all such an exciting array of fights. Possibly the shortest overall fight time of any UFC event, certainly in recent times.

lol you practically nailed it... what can I add :D

I finally managed to get time to watch the last fight sotiropoulus lost :/ , Im a little worried about him, I hope he sharpens up, hes such a great representative for AU etc. and a nice guy. It was a lucky punch I guess... He will be back!

I agree that the event was awesome. You know it is a great event when such a long event, facebook fights, prelimns and main events included felt short haha. Hard to top a great event like King Kong vs Barry but they did it!

Fedor vs Hendo next lol ;)

::thumright::

Ill get on giving out the competition prizes as soon as I can guys sorry for being so slow in watching the events lol, I just have a lot of work... Ill get on it!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]