Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Jul 04, 2024 4:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Bellator 44 - XLIV - May 14 Aftertalk!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

Bellator XLIV is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by Bellator Fighting Championships. The event is scheduled to take place on May 14, 2011 at Harrah's Resort. The card is expected to feature fights in one or more divisions in the Bellator Season Four Tournament. The event will be distributed live in prime time by MTV2.

Official Fight Card

Main Card

* Middleweight bout: Cuba Hector Lombard vs. United States Falaniko Vitale
* Lightweight Tournament Final bout: Brazil Patricky Freire vs. United States Michael Chandler
* Middleweight bout: Russia Alexander Shlemenko vs. United States Brett Cooper
* Bantamweight bout: United States Anthony Morrison vs. United States Bryan Goldsby

Local Feature Fights

* Welterweight bout: United States Giedrius Karavackas vs. United States Sam Oropeza
* Featherweight bout: United States Anthony Leone vs. United States Jeff Lentz
* Heavyweight bout: United States Randy Smith vs. United States Jamall Johnson
* Middleweight bout: Brazil Jay Silva vs. Bosnia and United States Gemiyale Adkins

Background

Bellator's Middleweight Champion Hector Lombard will fight in a non-title bout against Falaniko Vitale.
EliteXC and Ring of Combat veteran James Jones was expected to fight at this event, but a bout did not materialize.
Lyman Good was scheduled to face Dan Hornbuckle in a welterweight bout. However, on May 6th, Good pulled out of the fight due to an injury.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Bellator 44 - XLIV - May 14 Aftertalk!!
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:19 am 
Site Admin

Lombard and Shlemenko, BOOOOM X( great event as always :) Shelemnko is the freaking backfist master lol, never seen a guy pull so many fight after fight and hit with 4 of 5 really well too. Cool fighting style. And Lombard is someone im looking forward to seeing in the ufc in the future to challenge their champ.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:52 am 

As a Judo fan, I loved the Karavackas fight. Classic example of technique vs. striking. You can hit me 1000 times without knocking me out but I only have to break your arm once.

This fight also once again shows what a complete dipshit Jimmy Smith is. He didn't have a clue as to what Karavackas was trying to accomplish. He was late identifying that Karavackas was trying to get hooks in and not a trip. He didn't even notice Karavackas committing to the armbar until the tap. Anyone with a brain could see him moving the arm under the other leg. Karavackas always had the armbar as the final solution, either he a) wanting to punish his opponent for hurting him in the other round felt like beating him a bit or b) wanted to soften his opponent to ensure he wouldn't slip out when he went for the finish, or c) both. Smith didn't mention any of it. I feel bad for anyone who trains with that guy.

He scored the second round for Oropeza, even saying that "Oropeza stole the second round [because of the way he finished the round]." A fighter never steals a round to a judge. He wins the round. The announcer may say that one fighter won the round but other may have stolen it, but a judge never says,"That guy stole the round at the end of it." For the record, Sherdog's three observer's doing play-by-play all gave the round to Karavackas. Obviously everyone in the world but Smith understands that concept of giving the round to fighter who wins it, not the guy who tries to steal it.

Back to fighting.....I wish I had trained in Judo. I may have mentioned it before, but it will be the first discipline in which my children train. Watching a guy with technique like that get worked over a bit and then methodically work into a position of absolute control is awesome to watch.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

GeNioS wrote:
You can hit me 1000 times without knocking me out but I only have to break your arm once.

I agree that was a cool fight! nd lol @ Jimmy Smith. I think we can say that Joe Rogan and The Voice are safe. I like Jimmy though, hes enthusiastic and speaks clearly at least =p~

Only real complaint I have about Bellator is that they are not broadcasted in HD on MTV2 hehe. Fights are almost always good.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]