Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 2:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Gomi Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:18 am 
Special

Give us your comments about the fights, the excitement, the lights going out for some fighters as well as in the octagon.

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Gomi Discussion
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 am 
Special

This was a pretty decent Fight Night.

Ross Pearson looked awesome. I was very impressed with his performance. I recall saying after the first episode that he was an animal and could do well in the UFC.

Jorge Rivera looked good. Nate Quarry fights way too stiff with little head movement and Rivera capitalised nicely.

Nelson vs Struve: Nice knockout. I thought struve would do a little better. I can't believe Joe said that it puts him up there for a title shot. LOL come on Joe. Kongo, Mir, Gonzaga, Velasquez, Big Nog, Carwin.....?

Florian looked good with his boxing. I dunno what the hell Gomi was doing.

Lucky the lights didn't go out in the middle of a fight. That would of been interesting. Lights come back on and someone is unconscious :lol:

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 pm 
Special

Yeah, I thought it was a really good event overall. SO glad the power came back on! Looking forward to seeing the prelims.

Pearson had another great performance. Sivert really looked like he couldn't handle Pearson's level of ability and his speed/movement. Totally forgot about Pearson during my favourite lightweight picks, but he's right up there as a guy I like to watch and want to see how far he can go.

The Tibau fight went exactly as I'd expected. Was good while it lasted.

I always felt the Jorge Rivera/Nate Quarry fight was going to be pretty close and that it would be a brawl. Was not expecting Rivera to dominate like that! He looked awesome - the best I've seen him, for sure, although he has been getting better and better over his last few.

Big Country had a great showing. Title shot next? No. Step up in competition? Definitely. I'd like to see him against Gonzaga ideally, CroCop or Kongo maybe for a different challenge.

Florian looked outstanding. So fast and crisp with his shots, then a really nice finish with his sub. Gomi looked really poor, especially considering the cage didn't really come into play much during the fight. He also appeared tired well before the end of the second round, although he tried to go for broke (a bit) early in round three.

..::UFC 108 Competition Winner::..

..::Strikeforce Carrano vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:05 pm 
Special

Havent got much time to write a lot now, but a few things that stood out:

Gleison Tibau was WAY to big and strong for Caol Uno _ I felt sorry for the guy - I didnt know the size difference was so big - he got demolished.

Okamis stand-up looked fantastic - he's seriously been working that aspect of his game - very impressed

As much as I wanted Nelson to lose, he did very well. Struves chin is officially proven as very weak.....whats that phrase? 'The bigger they are the harder they fall'
Can anyone say 'timbeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr !!!!'
Let Nelson fight Dos Santos or Cain :D

K-Flo was solid - trumped Gomi in pretty much every aspect - a bit disappointing really as I would love to have seen Gomi enter the mix and mount a title challenge....Unlikely he had Octagon jitters given his experience, but maybe lack of cage experience was a factor...Kenny was just better on the night

Ross Pearson looked amazing again. So solid - he's improved so much since TUF - as a UK fan Im really happy he got revenge on Siver for the Paul Kelly fight :)

Andre Winner - looked really great in the first round - lightning quick hands - and managed to keep up enough pressure through the fight to win an easy decision, but damn, he had no answer for those leg kicks - he'll be working on that no doubt

Gerald Harris - hell of a KO. I bet on Miranda, and was thinking this is going well, then wack :lol:

Brenneman - good all round performance. Nothing outstanding, but didnt show many holes in his game

Lentz was great against Emerson. I dont really rate Emerson too highly, but Lentz imposed his gameplan well, and survived a few iffy moments after getting stunned by Emersons punches. A good win for the carny.

Christmas - Damn, after seeing him lose in the last few fights I picked against him - he proved me wrong to do so with a very strong showing, never allowing Torres to get settled.

Nate Quarry. Like many I suspect I though that Quarrys chin would get him through some scares and allow him to eventually wear Jorge down. Wrong! Jorge looked really strong and Quarry looked scared from th emoment the first right hand connected. Dominant performance from Riveira

..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..
..::WEC 45 - Cerrone vs. Ratcliff Winner::..
..::Strikeforce San Jose - Diaz vs Noons II Winner::..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:12 am 
Special

Good Show
Gomi Lacked The Juice If You Know What I Mean Fireball Kid :lol:

..::UFC 110 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:39 am 
Site Admin

One of the better UFC Fight Nights I have seen. I think best since Lauzon vs. Stephens in february last year. I loved Kennys improvement and the whole event was satisisfying in almost all ways :)

Wicked KO over Struve. Nelson is a cool dude lol. Shame about Quarry. Pearson was awesome too!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]