Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Nogueira to face UFC 106 winner of Carwin vs. Lesnar
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:01 am 
Special

Report: Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to face UFC 106 winner of Carwin vs Lesnar for heavyweight title

http://mmamania.com/2009/10/02/antonio- ... ght-title/

It doesn’t look as if former Pride FC and UFC interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is going to get that rematch he wanted with Frank Mir — at least not yet.

But as far as consolation prizes go, he’s going to do a helluva lot better than a year’s supply of Turtle Wax.

“Minotauro” is being penciled in for an early 2010 appearance against the winner of Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on November 21 for the heavyweight championship, according to The Wrestling Observer via Inside Fights.

The Brazilian coughed up his Interim title to Mir at UFC 92 in December 2008. It was a bout in which the grizzled veteran was finished for the first time in his career.

Nog supporters blamed a Staph infection for his lifeless performance. The Mir side credits the victory to the Las Vegas native’s improved striking and perfectly executed gameplan.

Whatever the case, Nogueira looked like his old self when he returned to best former division kingpin Randy Couture at UFC 102 in Portland. The win was not only “Fight of the Night,” but impressive enough to land him another crack at the UFC gold.

UFC 106: “Lesnar vs. Carwin” is set to go down at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Nov. 21. The event will also include the promotional debut of Minotauro’s twin brother Antonio Rogerio Nogueira as he takes on Luis “Banha” Cane.

And if Big Nog can go all the way, don’t be surprised to see Frank Mir waiting for him in the second half of 2010, assuming he gets past Cheick Kongo at UFC 107.

Lesnar, Carwin, Nogueira and Mir. Anyone want to start laying odds as to who will be the champ this time next year after all the dust settles?

Post subject: Re: Nogueira to face UFC 106 winner of Carwin vs. Lesnar
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:25 pm 
Great news... This is the man that can beat Brock

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:24 pm 
Special

He should go before shane imo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 pm 

Ya I think he should go before Shane as well, but since that fight is around the corner anyway, it should be a good one. Personally, I think Nogueira is one of the few HW's that can beat Brock. I can't WAIT to see that fight!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:29 am 
Site Admin

Im not sure that I think Nog can beat Brock judging from Nogs latests performances. He sure looked good in his last fight but still nothing compared to his best.

I am sad to say hat I think Brock will just lay his fat chest on top of any oponent and hammerfist him, seems its the only thing he can do. I would like to see Brock vs Roy nelson. One fat sucker against another...

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:13 pm 
Special

Nog wont beat brock...a few years ago but not now. to many wars

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:23 pm 
Special

... Brock is fat? What a joke. Dent, I usually agree with you, but get serious man.

It doesn't matter who should go first. Shane is already booked against Lesnar, and it'll be a great fight.

I think Brock beats Nogueira. Brock isn't Bob Sapp, and Brock knows how to work a game plan. You all can say Brock "only knows" the ground&pound game until your face turns blue and you feel better about his unheard-of dominance, but if a strategy works, why abandon it? The results speak for themselves, and Brock is the champion.

Just like GSP and Matt Hughes, Brock will likely remain champion for quite some time, assuming he gets past Carwin. Quite frankly, I think Carwin's hands pose a bigger threat to Lesnar than Nog's BJJ. Lesnar's wrestling, size and power has the potential to nullify anyone's ground game, but I don't think anyone has hit Lesnar as hard as Carwin potentially can.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:59 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
... Brock is fat? What a joke. Dent, I usually agree with you, but get serious man.

Well sorry for the missconception but I was probably still pissed since his fight with Mir and let my feelings take over. He might not be fat but his chest is "fat" aka BIG compared with most of his opponents, and he weighs quite a lot more then most of them too. Thats more what I ment.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]