Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:16 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: [Event] UFC 175 - Weidman vs. Machida - Jul 5
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 12:54 am 
Site Admin

<-<- UFC Fight Night 44 - Swanson vs. Stephens --- The Ultimate Fighter 19 - Team Edgar vs. Team Penn Finale->->

UFC 175: Weidman vs. Machida is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held on July 5, 2014 at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Official fight card

Main card

Middleweight Chris Weidman (c) vs. Lyoto Machida For the UFC Middleweight Championship
Women's Bantamweight Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Alexis Davis For the Women's Bantamweight Championship
Heavyweight Stefan Struve vs. Matt Mitrione
Middleweight Uriah Hall vs. Thiago Santos
Bantamweight Marcus Brimage vs. Russell Doane

Preliminary card (Fox Sports 1)

Bantamweight Urijah Faber vs. Alex Caceres
Welterweight Kenny Robertson vs. Ildemar Alcantara
Middleweight Chris Camozzi vs. Bruno Santos
Bantamweight George Roop vs. Rob Font

Preliminary card (UFC Fight Pass)

Middleweight Luke Zachrich vs. Guilherme Vasconcelos
Middleweight Kevin Casey vs. Bubba Bush

Background

The event is expected to be headlined by a Middleweight Championship bout between the current champion Chris Weidman and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Lyoto Machida. The bout was originally scheduled to headline UFC 173 on May 24, 2014. However, the bout was delayed after Weidman sustained a knee injury which required a minor surgery.

A light heavyweight bout between the coaches of The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva was originally scheduled for UFC 173. However, the fight was moved twice - first being on May 31, 2014 at The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3 Finale, and now was expected to be contested on this card. Silva was ultimately pulled from the fight entirely after he failed to submit an application to fight in the state of Nevada, as well as his refusal to undergo a random drug test and was replaced by Vitor Belfort. The bout between Sonnen and Belfort was to be contested at middleweight. However, Sonnen subsequently failed his random drug test and was removed from the bout and ultimately retired from the sport. The following day it was announced by MMA writer Kevin Iole that Belfort had also been removed from the card due to the inability of the UFC finding him a new opponent.

Subsequently, the bout between Dan Henderson and Daniel Cormier, briefly linked to this event was moved up to UFC 173, to bolster that event's card.

Santiago Ponzinibbio was expected to face Ildemar Alcântara but was forced out of the bout with a knee injury. He was replaced by Kenny Robertson.

Jun 23 - Updated fight card & background

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [Event] UFC 175 - Weidman vs. Machida - Jul 5
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:56 pm 

Ohh my im looking forward to this event so MUCH !!
My favorit men through YEARS are gonna fight both Wanderlei Silva & Lloyta Machida! i hope and think Machida will be our new Champion! Not to forget the fight between Chael "Trash Talker" Soonen and Wanderlei Silva !!Have been waiting for that fight for SO LONG at WorldStarHipHop you can find a vid with Wanderlei and Chael where they are getting into a small fight with each other on the TuF Brasil Camp !! Worth watching ! :)

Thanks for posting this event here just made my day !!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:48 pm 

hafelay wrote:
Ohh my im looking forward to this event so MUCH !!
My favorit men through YEARS are gonna fight both Wanderlei Silva & Lloyta Machida! i hope and think Machida will be our new Champion! Not to forget the fight between Chael "Trash Talker" Soonen and Wanderlei Silva !!Have been waiting for that fight for SO LONG at WorldStarHipHop you can find a vid with Wanderlei and Chael where they are getting into a small fight with each other on the TuF Brasil Camp !! Worth watching ! :)

Wanderlei is not fighting on this card, he skipped medicals, didn't show up, it's well documented over the web. Vitor Belfort will fight against Chael Sonnen. Also Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Ildemar Alcantara is cancelled, knee injury forced Ponzinibbio out of this bout. Instead Alcantara will fight Kenny Robertson. Added fights on this card: Rob Font vs. Douglas Andrade and Russell Doane vs. Marcus Brimage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:24 am 

Quote:
Wanderlei is not fighting on this card, he skipped medicals, didn't show up, it's well documented over the web. Vitor Belfort will fight against Chael Sonnen. Also Santiago Ponzinibbio vs. Ildemar Alcantara is cancelled, knee injury forced Ponzinibbio out of this bout. Instead Alcantara will fight Kenny Robertson. Added fights on this card: Rob Font vs. Douglas Andrade and Russell Doane vs. Marcus Brimage

Now that Hurts me to hear :( Wanderlei once was my role model, but the last 5 years he's starting to Loose stars in my life.... But there's still the Weiderman and Machida it's still the fight im looking most forward to anyways ! :)
Thanks for the info tho !

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:39 pm 

And now Chael Sonnen vs Vitor Belfort is off, Sonnen fails random drug test.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11062 ... c-175-bout

Also on MMA News section:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=6286

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:25 pm 
Site Admin

Jun 23 - Updated fight card & background

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:34 pm 
Special

Has anybody noticed the similarities in the 157 and the 175 card?
Ronda
Machida
Urijah Faber
Kenny Robertson

Fun fact:
Ronda was main event on the 157 card,
Machida was the co-main on that card, now with 175 (switch 57 and 75) they changed that around,

all fighting on both cards,
curious about this card, especially the return of Struve, I've heard from his trainers here in the Netherlands he's improved super much, especially his striking has progressed with heaps!

..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 113 Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]