Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 5:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Positive impact: Team Alpha Male head coach Duane Ludwig interview
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:36 am 
Special

How has Duane Ludwig left a positive impact on Team Alpha Male? Find out some of his secrets below.

One of the key storylines coming out of recent UFC events has been the tremendous performance of Team Alpha Male fighters.

While Team Alpha Male has been known for winning fights, they've had issues coming up short in the big ones with Urijah Faber, Joseph Benavidez and Chad Mendes all coming up short in their last four UFC title opportunities.

Since the addition of Duane Ludwig as the head instructor at the Sacramento gym, not only has Alpha Male not lost a notable fight, the gym has been winning in increasingly convincing fashion. Faber, Benavidez, Mendes and rising prospect T.J. Dillashaw all crushed their opposition in the last few weeks and things are only looking up.

Ludwig, of course, has a lengthy history as a kickboxer and mixed martial artist. He spoke with MMAmania.com about the positive impact of his recent tenure at Alpha Male, who helped forge his coaching identity and what makes him different in part one of this exclusive interview.

Check it out:

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): Everyone has been ranting and raving about the positive changes you've made at Team Alpha Male. What was that whole week like for you in the fallout of the UFC on Fox 7 event?

Duane Ludwig: I got a lot of love and attention which is appreciated of course. This sport, particularly my position in life, is all about how many friends you have and how much exposure you can get. That's what life's about. I've definitely got some good exposure and I'm trying to use it in a positive way.

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): You definitely have been getting the love. I can remember from watching the prelims that everyone was raving on twitter about the positive impact you've had on the Alpha Male fighters because not only were they winning their fights, they were destroying their opponents in violent fashion.

Duane Ludwig: That's some good exposure. It's always good for me to get my name out there as a coach especially because most people know me as a fighter. It also helps out my affiliate system. My main thing is I have three goals in life right now. What I need to do is first and foremost take care of my family and myself and then get these guys some world titles and then push my affiliate system which is the next stage of my career. Those are my goals right now.

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): Who were the people that influenced you the most that helped mold you as you head into the next stages of your coaching career?

Duane Ludwig: Well, first and foremost it's gotta be Bas Rutten. Trevor Wittman is also the other main guy involved there. They definitely had the most influence on my coaching career now.

Brian Hemminger (MMAmania.com): Are there any specific lessons you took from either of them that you apply in your coaching?

Duane Ludwig: What I got from Bas was to make sure I understand that I'm there for the fighters. He was always there for me 100 percent and I make sure I'm there for them to help them along. That's just how I am anyways. I didn't have to be taught that, but it was definitely reinforced by Bas. I get a really strong technical and detail oriented aspect from Trevor Wittman.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]