Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: UFC 162's Chris Weidman: 'Exposed With Wrestling,' Silva 'A Dream Matchup'
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:47 am 
Special

UFC middleweight No. 1 contender Chris Weidman sounds extremely confident in his upcoming title bout with champion Anderson Silva. The main event of UFC 162 during Fourth of July Weekend in Las Vegas, Weidman makes his return to the Octagon after being sidelined since 2012.

Our friends over at MMA Mania snagged a gem of an interview with undefeated UFC middleweight contender Chris Weidman leading up to his upcoming title shot. A former NCAA Division I wrestler at Hofstra University, the 'All American' believes he can exploit holes in Silva's game en rout to becoming the division's new title holder. Admitting Silva to be the greatest fighter of all time, Weidman sounds supremely confident he will put an end to the Brazilians's record title reign.

"I think I'm a great match-up for him and I'm excited for it. I still think he's the greatest of all time. I don't think we've seen him slow down too much. He got exposed with the wrestling, but I think that's happened in all his fights. I'm expecting the best Anderson Silva that's ever been. This is definitely my toughest challenge, I'm fighting the greatest of all time. It's a dream match-up and I can't wait to meet the challenge ... and defeat it. I'm ready to become a champion."

If you won't take Weidman's word for it, consider the endorsement he garnered from UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre. Speaking recently with the Canadian press, St-Pierre not only expects Weidman to win, but to be the first man to finish Silva inside the Octagon.

"My friend Chris Weidman, when I see him in training, I believe he's going to beat Anderson Silva. I believe it's a bad matchup for Anderson Silva. It's very bad. Not only is he going to beat, I believe he's going to finish Anderson Silva. I believe it's not going to be too long, that fight. People will be shocked. Anderson Silva is smart because Chris Weidman, he come back from an injury, a long layoff, so it's the time to fight him right now. It's going to be the best time to fight Chris Weidman right now, so Chris needs to be sure he needs to get very well-prepared for this fight."

Could Weidman's long injury layoff, along with nearly losing his home to Hurricane Sandy, be enough to disrupt his chances to dethrone Silva? Or will Silva maintain his record-breaking pace by making Weidman his latest victim?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qIerMSM2Tio

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]