Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Fox: Transgender MMA fighters shouldn't have to disclose to opponents
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:25 pm 
Special

Fallon Fox doesn't believe she and other transgender MMA fighters should have to disclose their medical history to would-be opponents.

The 37-year-old fighter recently sparked a national debate about transgender fighters in combat sports. Fox, who moved to 2-0 with a recent 39-second knockout of Ericka Newsome in a Championship Fighting Alliance tournament, was born a man but underwent gender reassignment surgery and began supplemental hormonal therapy in 2006.

In an interview this past Friday with "Inside MMA" on AXS TV, Fox, who's been at the center of the emotionally charged issue, said she has no advantage over her opponents.

"I don't believe a transgender fighter should have to disclose her personal medical history to other female fighters before they fight," she said. "It's simply for the reason the medical community and the scientific community have come to the consensus that post-operative transsexual fighters who have been on hormone-replacement therapy and testosterone suppression, when they're going from male to female, haven't been found to have any physiological advantages over other women.

"So why should we have to disclose our personal medical history?"

However, as others have noted, including MMAjunkie.com medical columnist Dr. Johnny Benjamin and veteran MMA fighter/osteopath Rosi Sexton, current scientific evidence is minimal and lacks a real consensus.

Officials from the CFA promotion support Fox's involvement in the tournament. Although her license is currently under review, she'll continue in the CFA tourney if cleared. They've even postponed the next round as she sorts out her licensing issues.

However, some fights have publicly stated they'd be hesitant to fight Fox, who finds it unfortunate. UFC President Dana White has said it's a decision the athletic commissions will need to make, though he concedes Fox is far from UFC-ready anyway.

"Some fighters have already said they would not want to fight me," Fox said. "I think that's because they're scared, No. 1, because I'm pretty good. Or they might just have a bias or they might just be a hate-filled person who doesn't want to touch me or whatever. But I don't want to fight those people anyway because they're scared, so what kind of fight would that be?"

Source: MMAJunkie.com

Post subject: Re: Fox: Transgender MMA fighters shouldn't have to disclose to opponents
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:49 am 

i think they should disclose it.
a man with a fanny fighting a woman doesnt make it fair.even if they want equal rights and all that tripe.
just my 2 cents.

Post subject: Re: Fox: Transgender MMA fighters shouldn't have to disclose to opponents
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:26 pm 
Special

Ridicules and is ridiculous situation.... should be a no brainer, dudes been a man 20 years stil has male muscles, male bone structure no matter what he or she feels inside...biology

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]