Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: [Event] UFC 117 - Silva vs. Sonnen - Aug 7
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

<-<- UFC 116 --- UFC 118 ->->

UFC 117: Silva vs. Sonnen is an upcoming mixed martial arts event to be held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on August 7, 2010 at the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California, United States. The event will be the first that the UFC has hosted in Oakland.

Main Card

* Middleweight Championship bout: Brazil Anderson Silva (c) vs. United States Chael Sonnen
* Welterweight bout: United States Jon Fitch vs. Brazil Thiago Alves
* Lightweight bout: United States Clay Guida vs. Brazil Rafael dos Anjos
* Welterweight bout: United States Matt Hughes vs. United States Ricardo Almeida
* Heavyweight bout: United States Roy Nelson vs. Brazil Junior Dos Santos

Preliminary Card

* Welterweight bout: United States Dustin Hazelett vs. United States Rick Story
* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Phil Davis vs. United States Rodney Wallace
* Welterweight bout: United States Johny Hendricks vs. United States Charlie Brenneman
* Heavyweight bout: Netherlands Stefan Struve vs. United States Christian Morecraft
* Welterweight bout: United States Ben Saunders vs. United States Dennis Hallman
* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Tim Boetsch vs. United States Todd Brown

Background

UFC President Dana White announced via ESPN on Jim Rome is Burning that Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva would face Chael Sonnen on August 7 after having choice words for the champion. The winner will face Vitor Belfort in a matchup currently targeted for November.

White has threatened to cut Silva from the UFC if he fights the same way he did in his last bout in Abu Dhabi. "I'm telling you right now, if he acts like that again in the ring, I will cut him," said White. "I don't care if he's the pound for pound best fighter in the world. I don't care if he's the middleweight champion."

A bout between Joey Beltran and Matt Mitrione was reported to be in the works. The fight was later moved to UFC 119.

Stanislav Nedkov was scheduled to make his UFC debut against Rodney Wallace, but was replaced by Phil Davis after sustaining an injury.

Thiago Silva was scheduled to face Tim Boetsch, but was forced off the card with an injury. Silva's replacement will be Todd Brown.

Dana White confirmed that the winner of the Nelson/dos Santos fight will get a UFC Heavyweight title shot.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [Event] UFC 117 - Silva vs. Sonnen - Aug 7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:52 am 
Special

Looks Like Silva Will Submit Sonnen Till His Face Turns Red :oops: :!: :!: :!:

..::UFC 110 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:16 pm 
Site Admin

if words could kill Sonnen would be world champ, fortunately Silva will show him they dont

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:48 am 
Special

Yeah I just hope that all this trash Sonnen has been talking will bring out the best Silva, without all his recent antics.

I have read that he has been doing 12 x 10 minute sparring sessions, so this could well be the case.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:23 am 
Special

Maybe Dana is behind it as well. Silva lost a lot of credits after his last fight, so that might effect the PPV. People might now think that Anderson will not just hop around like a bunny after a few rounds because he was challenged at a higher mouth level. Therefore people will buy a PPV just to see if Silva is going to beat the crap out of Sonnen or if Sonnen will put his money where his mouth is. Either way great marketing for this fight and $$ for Dana imo.

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:32 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah Sonnens trashtalk defenitely has some intelligence behind it. Wether its to bring out the best Silva, Dana is behind, Sonnen wants name recognition, whatever the case, it fills a purpose and makes the fight more interesting for the fans. I feel it myself. I am really hyped for this fight and i really hope to see the best Silva or see Sonnen give actions to his words. Whatever the reason and outcome this will be a UFC event all fans will want to see for sure!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:27 am 
Special

I'm actually starting to get pumped up for this event. Watched the Countdown show earlier.

Sonnen has been talking some serious trash talk. I will be interested to see if he can back it up. Apparently Silva has been sparring 12 x 10 minute rounds, so hopefully the talk has fired him up and he comes out blazing.

I'm super excited for Dos Santos vs Nelson. I want Dos Santos to finish this one in spectacular fashion, not a fan of Nelson. Both guys have big power and skills on the ground so it should be a good fight.

Fitch vs Alves will be a good fight as Alves is eager for revenge from their last fight 4 years ago. Alves has clear advantage on feet, and Fitch will be looking to take this one down. I just hope its not a typical Fitch snooze-fest.

In the other fight I'm interested in I want Almeida to retire Hughes; "Hughes mauled by 'Big Dog', would be a nice news heading as well. Almeida should have the advantage on the feet and explosiveness. The ground is where hughes wants this fight, but Almeida is slick on the ground so I'm not sure what Hughes can do against the younger more hungry fighter.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:15 am 
Site Admin

Lightweight bout: United States Clay Guida vs. Brazil Rafael dos Anjos

also a great fight Im looking forward to ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 am 

clay guida gotta love that guy win or lose
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNZKUoFFkP4&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KNZKUoFFkP4&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

the first 45 seconds just the hype and emotion he puts in at the start

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:09 am 

Clay is one of my faves too.

He always seems to be enjoying himself, even when he's losing. He just loves the sport and everything to do with it, it seems, and it is infectious.

I've picked him to take his fight, just because if there is a chance, he will make it happen, and love every minute of it.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]