Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:39 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: James Toney signs multi contract with UFC?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:16 am 
Special

After berating UFC president Dana White on several media outlets in recent months, 41-year-old boxing champion James Toney (72-6 Boxing, 0-0 MMA) has reportedly signed a multi-fight agreement with the Las Vegas-based promotion.

The report was issued Tuesday by FiveOuncesOfPain.com citing sources close to negotiations, and MMAFighting.com's Mike Chiappetta has since confirmed the deal after speaking to White.

Toney, the current NABO and IBA heavyweight champion, pitched himself to White before cameras following UFC 108 in January and afterward blasted the UFC president for what he considered a "laughable" offer to fight in the octagon.

Ever since, Toney has taken every opportunity to challenge White for a contract.

"Dana White is a straight up ho!" Toney told Fighthype.com this past week. "He makes me a five-fight offer for chump change and said I can't box anymore if I accept it. He must have lost his damn mind."

It appears talks have brightened considerably since then.

At least one UFC fighter will welcome Toney into the cage.

"I think a lot of people would pay to see that," UFC heavyweight contender and "The Ultimate Fighter 10" winner Roy Nelson recently told Steve Cofield of Yahoo! Sports.

This is all to be confirmed but the news comes from several reliable sources....lets see.

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

Post subject: Re: James Toney signs multi contract with UFC?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm wonder who is the ho and who is the pimp here :mrgreen:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:55 pm 

Could make alot more fans for the UFC, If Toney wins a fight, there will be alot of boxing fans really happy, and If he gets smashed, then Dana will turn around and have a poster boy to show that MMA is tougher than Boxing. Kinda a smart move by Dana IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:33 am 
Site Admin

Dana is so freaking smart, man I wish i was that smart :mrgreen:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]