Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:28 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Forrest Griffin Ready To Step Back Into The Octagon
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:37 pm 

Just one week after getting married, former UFC Light Heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin sat down with FanHouse to talk about his nuptials, his fight with Middleweight champion Anderson Silva, as well his future with the UFC. The season 1 TUF winner spoke candidly about his first round KO loss to Silva, admitting that if he could turn back time, he would of done “everything differently.”

“I'm not really sure I showed up to fight him,” Griffin said. “Maybe I thought he was so good that I didn't have to fight him.”

But it was his post-fight behavior that drew criticism from many fans. After his loss to Silva, Griffin immediately left the octagon and bolted to the back. Griffin said that all of the hoopla surrounding his decision to immediately leave the cage is “dumb.”

“I mean, I don't think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already.”

As for Griffin’s next fight, he’s not sure who or when it will be.

“You know, the bottom line is I will do whatever the UFC wants me to do. They've really taken care of me and my career, thus far, so whatever direction they want me to go in, whoever they want me to fight, and that's genuine. I'm more preferential about where I fight than who I fight. I would really like to fight in, I don't know, Las Vegas. Or maybe, stretch, California, if I have to. I like to fight close to home, on my time zone, with the air that I'm used to, where I can control my food better. There's more fights overseas, and I understand I may have to fight overseas, but I put more into where I fight than whom I fight. I've never asked for anybody, well, except maybe 'Shogun,' actually. I almost think that you're kind of jinxing yourself. Like, I'm afraid to ask for opponents,” he admitted.

During his time off, Griffin got married to his longtime girlfriend. The pair are currently planning their honeymoon, but the fighter promises to hit the gym as soon as they get back.

“I'm going to start training again Oct. 12 actually, when we get back,” he stated.

Griffin is not just having fun during his time off from fighting. The 205-pound fighter has been keeping busy by working on his second book and releasing a new iPhone app. But he says he is looking forward to getting back in the cage and hopes to fight at UFC 108.

“You know, there's that Jan. 2 card that looks kind of appealing to me.”

Stay tuned to FightLine.com for more on UFC 108, slated to take place January 2, 2010 from Las Vegas. Bouts currently scheduled for the event include Rashad Evans vs Thiago Silva,
Joe Lauzon vs. Sam Stout and Anderson Silva vs. Vitro Belfort.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/ ... ndex.shtml

Post subject: Re: Forrest Griffin Ready To Step Back Into The Octagon
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:28 pm 
Special

You never know could see forrest tito 2

..::UFC on Fuel TV 2 Gustafsson vs. Silva Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce - Diaz vs. Cyborg Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight For The Troops 2 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Nashville Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:11 am 
Special

Zeus wrote:
“I'm not really sure I showed up to fight him,” Griffin said. “Maybe I thought he was so good that I didn't have to fight him.”

But it was his post-fight behavior that drew criticism from many fans. After his loss to Silva, Griffin immediately left the octagon and bolted to the back. Griffin said that all of the hoopla surrounding his decision to immediately leave the cage is “dumb.”

“I mean, I don't think the losers were going to speak that night anyway, you know. Just get on with the next fight already.”

LOL what a crock of rubbish. Making excuses because you got beaten by one of the best 5 fighters in the world; no shame in losing to Silva.

Yeah fair enough you might not want to speak and people want to see the next fight, but its not like Penn and Florian were waiting at the octagon gates to get in. There was no need to run to the dressing room the way he did. I read an article where he said he is going to leave that way from now on.....lol seriously come on Forrest.

It happened as I knew it would. Did he really think he was going to outpoint Silva for 3 rounds? He hasn't finished anyone by TKO since Elvis Sinosic in 2003 or something, and he is a BJJ guy.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:10 am 
Site Admin

He is back on the bandwagon, read more here

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=826

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]