Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:24 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Chael Sonnen: I Want to Buy the WWE When I'm Done Fighting
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:01 am 
Special

There are few fighters with personalities as colorful as former UFC middleweight/light heavyweight title challenger Chael Sonnen, so drawing comparisons to a WWE superstar are to be expected.

With that in mind, it should come as no surprise that TMZ is reporting that "The American Gangster" is interested purchasing the WWE once he hangs the gloves up.

"It is 100% Chael's intent to buy the WWE." In fact, the rep says Chael is already meeting with bigwig friends in the investment world to enact his takeover ... Bad news though -- a rep for the WWE tells us the company ain't for sale ... at least not yet ... so Chael better be prepared to put a sweet offer on the table."

The WWE representative notes that Sonnen would be best suited to get his hand in the company by becoming a "valued shareholder" by purchasing "shares of WWE stock."

After getting steamrolled by UFC light heavyweight champ Jon "Bones" Jones at UFC 159 last week, Sonnen afterwards hinted to UFC color commentator Joe Rogan that retirement may be an option.

However, just days later on FUEL TV's UFC Tonight, Sonnen called out PRIDE legend Wanderlei Silva and rumors are swirling that the fight will headline the UFC's first card on the FOX Sports 1 network in August.

Sonnen is just 2-3 in his past five fights, though each loss has been in a championship fight against middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva or Jones.

He also defeated Brian Stann and perennial 185-pound contender Michael Bisping during that roughly 32-month span.

The WWE is currently run by CEO/Chairman Vincent Kennedy McMahon, who acquired the company from his father, Vince McMahon, Sr., in 1982 (via Sports Illustrated).

Is Sonnen really serious about trying to get his hand involved in sports entertainment or is the Team Quest standout just doing his best to keep his name in the headlines?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]