Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 11:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: GSP: I despise media duties, Diaz HAS to do it
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:18 am 
Special

Nick Diaz was reportedly 'really close' to losing the GSP title fight at UFC 158 after no-showing media duties, the same thing that caused him to be pulled from a title fight with GSP at UFC 137 in 2011.

UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre was recently asked at, ironically, a media event at TriStar Gym in Montreal, about his thoughts on Nick Diaz failing to fulfill his media duties.

Q. With your opponent Mr. Diaz and his not fulfilling his media commitments, are you concerned at all about him, and maybe if they change the fight or...?

Georges St-Pierre: No they have to, we have to go and do the fight. It's unbelievable. He has to do it, he's going to do it. I don't think he's stupid. He has to do it. It's the chance of his life, he's going to make a lot of money. You have to do it.

I can't think about it. I cannot think about him not doing it.

Q. Does it bother you that he's not doing it and you are?

GSP: Oh yah, of course, because it's not fair. I lose my time. I don't like doing this. I'm talking to you guys, like seriously, I despise it… I like you guys but I DON'T LIKE DOING THIS, you know?

It's not you that I don't like, it's that basically, for people who know me, I've been saying the same thing 50 time, every week, you know? Blahblahblahblah it's like a computer in my head, and I don't like, but I have to do it, it's part of my job.

Every job is not perfect and I have to do it. I have to do it. So he has to do the same. Otherwise it is not fair.

Source: MixedMartialArts.com

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]