Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: McGee: Sponsor owes me $ for over a year
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:49 am 
Special

If you can read this, you already know Ronda Rousey is fighting Saturday night. However, UFC 157 has a tremendous main card, including Lyoto Machida vs. Dan Henderson, Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar, Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler, and Court McGee vs. Josh Neer .

The mighty Steph Daniels caught up with McGee to talk about the cut (it is his first time at 170), the dismal state of judging, Josh Neer, and bad sponsors.

"I was worrying too much about sponsorship, and I had some issues with management," said McGee. "At one point, literally, right before weigh-ins, I was told that I had to lose all my sponsors, lose the banner, and would have to change my shorts, because something wasn't cleared. All I could think about was all the money I was going to be missing out on. I started worrying about my family. I should have just said, 'Screw that', because all I really need is a cup, a mouthpiece and shorts to go fight in."

"The last thing you want to be worrying about is your sponsors. That extra money goes a long way for some of us. I was in a situation where I had to make a difficult decision on getting some different management, and that's what I did."

"I have sponsors that still haven't paid me since March of last year. It's getting harder and harder to find sponsors that are reliable and will do what they say. Stroops Fitness are the ones that haven't paid me. They're in a bunch of different gyms and are a big company. They're a Utah based company with equipment in hundreds of different gyms. It's coming up on a year. These guys owe me some money."

A UGer, RenegadeBoxing, just posted the following on the Stroops Facebook page:
"Pay court mcgee the money you owe him!"

Stroops then responded:

"We had a Rogue Salesperson making offers of Sponsorships and we still have a few of these that show up. It was never nor is it our intent to rob him of a committed sponsorship. This issue has been forwarded to our Head of Sales to find out what happened, and get this resolved. Thank you so very much for bringing this to our attention.

We were not aware of this situation and now that it has been brought to out attention we are going to make it right. If you can get in tcouh with Court and tell him to call our corporate offices @ 1-801-776-3322 and Ask to Speak to Mike Waters or Gary Harker we will make this right I personally guarantee it !!!"

Failed sponsorships are never over until the check clears, but the resolution is off to a good start.

Source: BloodyElbow.com

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]