Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC on FOX 4's 'Shogun' Rua vs. Brandon Vera winner gets title shot
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
Special

The winner of Saturday's UFC on FOX 4 headliner will get a title shot.

Despite both fighters having already suffered losses to reigning light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones – and despite the competitors owning a combined 3-5 record (with one no-contest) in their past nine fights – the winner of Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (20-6 MMA, 4-4 UFC) vs. Brandon Vera (12-5 MMA, 8-5 UFC) will get a shot at the belt.

UFC president Dana White today confirmed the plans.

"Yes," White said flatly when asked about the title stakes.

UFC on FOX 4 takes place Saturday at Staples Center in Los Angeles. The main card, including the Vera vs. Shogun five-round headliner, airs on FOX following prelims on FUEL TV.

"'Shogun' Rua just came off a 'Fight of the Year' last year," said White, referring to Rua's close decision loss to Dan Henderson in November at UFC 139. "He's probably one of the best fighters of the last decade. Think about it. This guy knocked out 'Rampage' (Jackson), knocked out Chuck Liddell, knocked out Mark Coleman, knocked out Lyoto Machida, knocked out Forrest Griffin, knocked out Alistair Overeem twice, submitted Kevin Randleman. A win vs. [Vera] puts him right back in position, and then he's probably the No. 2 guy in the world."

As for Vera, who hasn't won back-to-back fights in three years, he understands it's icing on the cake. He was just happy to have a main-event fight on network television after UFC on FOX 4 lost an originally planned headliner of Hector Lombard vs. Brian Stann.

"Like I said before, this is already a blessing in disguise, and by Dana throwing [the title shot] out there, it's like winning the lottery twice," he said.

Despite some recent setbacks, Vera is coming off a decision victory over Eliot Marshall. Rua, meanwhile, fights for the first time since the loss to Henderson, who fights Jones in next month's UFC 151 headliner.

Rua, a former champ, lost his belt to Jones via TKO in early 2011. Vera also suffered a TKO loss to Jones, which came in 2010.

Source: UFC on FOX 4's 'Shogun' Rua vs. Brandon Vera winner gets title shot

Post subject: Re: UFC on FOX 4's 'Shogun' Rua vs. Brandon Vera winner gets title shot
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
Special

Huh?! :-??

Post subject: Re: UFC on FOX 4's 'Shogun' Rua vs. Brandon Vera winner gets title shot
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:39 am 
Special

Mauricio Rua is 2-3 in his last five fights, including a loss to Jones, and Brandon Vera is 2-2-1 in his last five, also including a loss to Jones. Last time I checked, Vera wasn't even ranked among the top 10 in the light heavyweight division and Rua doesn't deserve the number 4 ranking based on his recent record. But i'm gonna go with the TRUTH WAR :!: :!: :!:

..::UFC 110 Competition Winner::..
..::Strikeforce Challengers 9 Winner::..

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:49 am 
Site Admin

3X wrote:
Mauricio Rua is 2-3 in his last five fights, including a loss to Jones, and Brandon Vera is 2-2-1 in his last five, also including a loss to Jones. Last time I checked, Vera wasn't even ranked among the top 10 in the light heavyweight division and Rua doesn't deserve the number 4 ranking based on his recent record. But i'm gonna go with the TRUTH WAR :!: :!: :!:

Yeah I have been trying for my life to find the logic but Im not sure I see it. Shouldnt the way the winner of this fight win it also be taken into the calculation? Meaning that, sure if he wins convincingly and in an impressive fashion the winner could get a shot, but ranking/stats doesnt really say the winner is worthy a titleshot just like that imo.

Maybe they are just throwing everything they can on Silva to see if someone has his number lol.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]