Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 5:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Ronda Rousey Says Georges St. Pierre Is Boring, No Longer Doing Positive Things
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:39 pm 
Special

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cM_mBhpCeY[/youtube]

Quote:
I think it is about finishing your opponent. It's about entertainment.

It's not the Olympics. It's not about just coming home and bringing a medal, and just having hardware and getting the win.

It's about pulling more fans in, and being entertaining.

I think that fighters that just try to win by points and come away with a win are actually bad for the sport. If you never saw MMA before, and you walked in and you saw GSP and Koscheck, and all this jabbing out the whole time, it looks like a boring boxing match. And I don't think you gain any fans with a fight like that.

And so I really hope that Nick Diaz beats the crap out of him, because Nick Diaz is entertaining, and he's an entertaining character in general. He might not be popular but I mean I can't but watch every video he puts out youtube. I think it's funny as Hell. And every single one of his fights is a brawl. It's not like a pitter pat match where afterwards he goes "Were friends, were all friends" and then okay let's go home. I think that's boring.

GSP was good for the sport for a while. He brought in some big sponsors like Gatorade and UnderArmor. But I think he's done everything he can in a positive way and he needs to step aside and let Nick Diaz kick his ass.

Source: Ronda Rousey: GSP is bad for the sport

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]